Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Takam - July 24th 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    What's up gents. No air in the States bit surprising. Figure Takam will prove a sturdy willing nail for Joyce to hammer off the jab all night long.
    Joyce getting hit by Takams big rights all night but starting to sap the fight out of him.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce still coming forward and Takam tiring and throwing single shots in the 5th round.

4-1
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce stops Takam in the 6th round after hurting him early in the round. Ref stops Takam taking a beating. Good win.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce stops Takam after Takam taking what the reff thought was too many unanswered punches. 11 or 12 head punches

Over eager?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not convincing by Joyce, way too easy to hit.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce did take too many right hands from Takam but think he would not do the same against AJ. Joyce wanted to put pressure on Takam even if it meant getting hit.

Joyce wants the winner of AJ/Usyk or pick up the vacant belt against the next contender.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I enjoyed the fight. Joyce is so slow but fun to watch.
    Stoppage was premature at this level.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Joyce wears bizarre X-men style walk-on outfit… then demolishes Carlos Takam with superhuman stoppage

JOE JOYCE donned a bizarre X-men style ring-walk outfit before producing a superhuman finish to stop Carlos Takam in the sixth round.

The 35-year-old was supposed to look like X-men character 'Juggernaut' in line with his nickname but fans were not convinced by the red helmet and body-suit.

That was soon forgotten as he kept his hopes of an Anthony Joshua world title showdown alive with a terrifying display of pain tolerance.

The Putney ace was made the WBO mandatory challenger for a shot at AJ at the start of fight week, as long as he came through tough old veteran Takam on Saturday night.

But the 2016 Olympic silver winner almost blew his brilliant opportunity by taking a shellacking from the 40-year-old veteran.

Takam took AJ 10 rounds in 2017 - on just 10 day’s notice - and showed the same teak toughness and heavy hands before a shock right hand at the start of the sixth ended his chance at a huge upset.

Joyce started the fight by peppering Takan’s bearded face with the same piston-like jab that battered Daniel Dubois into submission in November.

But, just as the Englishman relaxed his neck muscles with a few rolls of his head, Takam looped up a couple of right hooks that warned him to stay more alert.

Joyce is famous for having one of the toughest chins in world boxing and infamous for using it as a form of defence.

In the second he absorbed half a dozen shots from both of Takam’s fists that would have collapsed an ox.

But still he marched forward trying to club the warrior squatting down five inches shorter below him and hurling up heavy artillery.

Takam’s peekaboo style was taking his head down inline with Joyce’s waist and the Brit banger was failing to generate any power on his downward punches.

The visitor, however, was smashing the beads of sweat from Joyce’s new braided locks as the London fans started to fear for their man and his freakishly strong face.

Warhorse Takam started to look ragged by the start of the fourth and a right hook to the ribs made him gasp for air.

But the relentless challenger for Joyce’s Commonwealth strap kept launching haymakers and connecting with Joyce’s shaken skull.

The fifth thankfully slipped by without Joyce swallowing another howitzer and Takam looked to be flagging after a violent start.

And Joyce sparked Takam senseless with the very first punch of the right hand and kept up a barrage until he was stopped on his feet.

Fans on Twitter were not overly convinced by Joyce's ring-walk outfit.

AFC Glen wrote: "My god, Joe Joyce looks like a giant red penis."

Lordie tweeted: "Boxing is slowly turning into a joke, how can Joe Joyce come out like this."

And TalkSport 2 presenter Paul Coyte uploaded a picture of himself with a Halloween pumpkin on his head and quipped: "Me with the Joe Joyce look."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15684...rlos-takam-ko/

Far from a superhuman stoppage
    Takam was blowing out his ass from the end of round 4 and completely stopped throwing anything from then on.
    All Joyce did was land a few half decent shots and it was all over, Takam didn't even have the strength left in him to throw anything back which warrants the stoppage.

If Joyce fights anything near that poor against AJ or Fury he's bang in trouble, he looked shit last night and needs to sort his defence out.

I get the feeling he'll have a long wait to get a title shot, AJ can swerve him with a voluntary defence or 2 and drag it all out.

Saying that maybe AJ/Fury saw that last night and will be wanting to fight him even more.
    Last edited by smashup; 07-25-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Joe Joyce wears bizarre X-men style walk-on outfit… then demolishes Carlos Takam with superhuman stoppage

JOE JOYCE donned a bizarre X-men style ring-walk outfit before producing a superhuman finish to stop Carlos Takam in the sixth round.

The 35-year-old was supposed to look like X-men character 'Juggernaut' in line with his nickname but fans were not convinced by the red helmet and body-suit.

That was soon forgotten as he kept his hopes of an Anthony Joshua world title showdown alive with a terrifying display of pain tolerance.

The Putney ace was made the WBO mandatory challenger for a shot at AJ at the start of fight week, as long as he came through tough old veteran Takam on Saturday night.

But the 2016 Olympic silver winner almost blew his brilliant opportunity by taking a shellacking from the 40-year-old veteran.

Takam took AJ 10 rounds in 2017 - on just 10 day’s notice - and showed the same teak toughness and heavy hands before a shock right hand at the start of the sixth ended his chance at a huge upset.

Joyce started the fight by peppering Takan’s bearded face with the same piston-like jab that battered Daniel Dubois into submission in November.

But, just as the Englishman relaxed his neck muscles with a few rolls of his head, Takam looped up a couple of right hooks that warned him to stay more alert.

Joyce is famous for having one of the toughest chins in world boxing and infamous for using it as a form of defence.

In the second he absorbed half a dozen shots from both of Takam’s fists that would have collapsed an ox.

But still he marched forward trying to club the warrior squatting down five inches shorter below him and hurling up heavy artillery.

Takam’s peekaboo style was taking his head down inline with Joyce’s waist and the Brit banger was failing to generate any power on his downward punches.

The visitor, however, was smashing the beads of sweat from Joyce’s new braided locks as the London fans started to fear for their man and his freakishly strong face.

Warhorse Takam started to look ragged by the start of the fourth and a right hook to the ribs made him gasp for air.

But the relentless challenger for Joyce’s Commonwealth strap kept launching haymakers and connecting with Joyce’s shaken skull.

The fifth thankfully slipped by without Joyce swallowing another howitzer and Takam looked to be flagging after a violent start.

And Joyce sparked Takam senseless with the very first punch of the right hand and kept up a barrage until he was stopped on his feet.

Fans on Twitter were not overly convinced by Joyce's ring-walk outfit.

AFC Glen wrote: "My god, Joe Joyce looks like a giant red penis."

Lordie tweeted: "Boxing is slowly turning into a joke, how can Joe Joyce come out like this."

And TalkSport 2 presenter Paul Coyte uploaded a picture of himself with a Halloween pumpkin on his head and quipped: "Me with the Joe Joyce look."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15684...rlos-takam-ko/

Takam was blowing out his ass from the end of round 4 and completely stopped throwing anything from then on.
    All Joyce did was land a few half decent shots and it was all over, Takam didn't even have the strength left in him to throw anything back which warrants the stoppage.

If Joyce fights anything near that poor against AJ or Fury he's bang in trouble, he looked shit last night and needs to sort his defence out.

I get the feeling he'll have a long wait to get a title shot, AJ can swerve him with a voluntary defence or 2 and drag it all out.

Saying that maybe AJ/Fury saw that last night and will be wanting to fight him even more.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Joyce looks slow and cumbersome and yes he got tagged a lot, and yes , if that was AJ , he’d be in trouble.
    But AJ doesn’t have Takam’s movement , just like Takam doesn’t have AJ’s power.
    But I can’t keep criticising Joyce, he keeps winning. The punches that landed on him had zero effect.
    And it’s so strange , but although his punches don’t look like anything special , they seem to have so much effect and power.
    He’s certainly an odd one. I still don’t think he’s particularly good, but with this batch of heavies, you don’t have to be.
    I wonder who people think would win between him and Whyte ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Yes Joyce looks slow and cumbersome and yes he got tagged a lot, and yes , if that was AJ , he’d be in trouble.
    But AJ doesn’t have Takam’s movement , just like Takam doesn’t have AJ’s power.
    But I can’t keep criticising Joyce, he keeps winning. The punches that landed on him had zero effect.
    And it’s so strange , but although his punches don’t look like anything special , they seem to have so much effect and power.
    He’s certainly an odd one. I still don’t think he’s particularly good, but with this batch of heavies, you don’t have to be.
    I wonder who people think would win between him and Whyte ?

I said above that I think Joyce will have a long wait to get to AJ/Fury
    The logical thing is for him and Dilllian to have a final decider.
    Weirdly I'd say Joyce on his best form deals with Whyte.
    Mad sport we love 😂

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The stoppages called by British refs is embarrassing!!!
    It's the fight game, no?
    Pathetic.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A little premature with the stoppage but I've no problem with it. Takam was all in and only going to take more bludgeoning. There was zero chance of that fight changing course.

It was as predictable as predictable gets. Joyce iron chinned. Takam not a puncher. Lively for a few rounds before Joyce started to break him down.

Joyce is too much for all but the top two or three in the division. If he can take Wilder and AJ's punches like he has everyone else then they're also smack in trouble. They'll have a fight with him. I think Fury would play it smart, move around too much and beat him quite comfortably.

Dillian has a fair few miles on the clock now and rarely has an easy night whoever he fights. I think Joyce is a nightmare for him. He'll just keep coming at him and although he's had his moments. I'm not sure Dillian has the firepower to stop him dead in his tracks. Chisora is also being mentioned but he didn't fancy it a few years ago when he and Haye weren't mates. He won't now and will only be tempted by the top dollar his cult status brings with it whilst offering next to nothing in return. If it happened, same scenario as Takam.

It's mad that Joyce still gets the stick he does. His credentials are top drawer and he fights how we want people to fight. You hit me, I'll hit you and one of us is eventually going to go. It's quietening down a bit. How can it not, the fucker just keeps bashing people up. Still the too slow, too open grumbles continue. That's who he is, that's what he is.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally caught it good fight. Joyce reminds me a bit of Mercer sponging some of the incoming shots but also understated in his effective power jab and gauging that subtle shuffle forward. He's much slower and loopy than top tier Mercer but determined and presses his advantage. Who ever sent him to the ring dressed as a giant cock should be fired.

Thread Information