Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gervonta Davis v Mario Barrios 6/26 Showtime ppv

Anyone plan on paying for-watching this one? Davis a guy we've all heard of and Floyds anointed torch carrier for the sport goes up to 140 to look for a title grab off of one of the many WBA champs in Barrios. To me it is simply about being able to call himself a multi division champ because at 5'5 Tank is going to resemble a literal tree stump at 140 and makes no sense. Barrios is tough and a willing competitor but does tend cut and sponge punches. Perfect cherry pick for Tank

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gervonta Davis v Mario Barrios 6/26 Showtime ppv

They sure hyped this Barrios guy up to the moon. Makes me wanna watch it. lolol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i really like tank but i got a bad feeling about this one
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gervonta Davis and Mario Barrios will put their unbeaten records on the line this weekend when they face off for the WBA super lightweight title.

‘Tank’ Davis, who has a undefeated record of 24 wins, is already a two-weight world champion having claimed gold at lightweight and super featherweight

Now, he’ll look to add a super lightweight belt to his collection when he faces Barrios in Atalanta.

‘El Azteca’ is the WBA champion and took his record to 26 straight wins when he beat Ryan Karl last October.

Something will have to give when the two Americans face off this weekend but who will keep their perfect record intact?

This 12-round super-lightweight title bout will take place on Saturday, June 26 and is being held at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta.

The ring walks for Davis v Barrios are expected from 5am on Sunday morning UK time.

The fight can be purchased and then live streamed on fite.tv and costs £7. It will be broadcast on Showtime PPV in the USA.

MAIN EVENT: Gervonta Davis v Mario Barrios – for WBA Super-Lightweight Title
    Erickson Lubin v Jeison Rosario
    Batyr Akhmedov v Algenis Mendez
    Carlos Adames v Alexis Salazar
    Leduan Barthelemy v Viktor Slavinskyi
    Andres Gutierrez v Angel Hernandez
    Dalton Bodie v Trever Bradshaw
    Stacey Selby v William Parra Smith

Gervonta Davis: “My last fight people complained that Leo Santa Cruz was too small, so I’m basically going out there and showing that a size difference doesn’t matter. I’m going to beat whoever they put in front of me. I’m trying to chase greatness.

“I’m definitely looking to walk down the bigger guy. He might feel like he can walk me down.

“We can’t say who the bigger puncher is until we get in that ring and test his power. It doesn’t matter who is stronger, I want to be better than him across the board and in every aspect of the game.

“For me, greatness is just not going backwards. I just want to keep going forward no matter what. No matter who’s in front of me, I just have to go through them.

“Where I’m from, a lot of people don’t make it out, so I’m doing something right. It doesn’t even have to be an opponent, it can be something outside of the ring. I’m always chasing greatness.

“My thing is just beat whoever is put in front of me. When it’s time, we’ll see who the top guy is. Until then, I don’t need to speak on any other fighter than the one in front of me.

“I don’t know what Barrios will bring, but from my side, I’m bringing everything I’ve got.

“You know whenever I fight, I’m bringing something for the fans to enjoy.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...-tv-channel-2/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Flying blind on this one anyone watching? Lubin v Rosario has or had the makings of a show stealer. And why is Tank always wearing a trash bag.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight.

I had Mario winning past halfway.

Tank easy to hit.

He still has the power in 140 but still feel robbed that the Lopez or Haney fight we’re not made.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Good fight.

I had Mario winning past halfway.

Tank easy to hit.

He still has the power in 140 but still feel robbed that the Lopez or Haney fight we’re not made.
    Haney is garbage.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

finger nails got a work out. three weight champion baby. tank needs to go back to lightweight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Solid fight. really was impressed at his humility post fight interview.

I can't recall too many champions stating they were nervous. He stated he didn't really follow the game plan at first because he was weary of a taller fighter and if his power would carry so he stated he was tentative. watching it I felt a chance he was being exposed, but hearing him state those word I give him the benefit of the doubt.

And when asked about that hook- again he stated he didn't intend to use it that way. His corner told him it was there & follow up to the body. That is the true definition IMO of a fighter making adjustment based on their corner and executing it to perfection.

Only then Tank stated he went full blast on the game plan.

That and Floyd hollering to him- You are down on the unofficial scorecards.

Not great, but good ebb n flow between Barios & Davis.

I watched the uploaded vid -so I didnt see the entire fight.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis showed he's one tough little fucker, took some heavy shots in there and dug deep.
    He's a threat to anyone with his power.
    Can he take it from the elite at the bigger weight?
    Still my favourite little fighter to watch.
    Every single fight there's fireworks.
    Great boxer 😎

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight turned out to be more entertaining than I expected.

Barrios was taller and used his superior reach to win the early rounds but a lot of this was due to Davis looking for single big shots and not listening to his trainer who said target the body.

Davis did well in the 5th round but was behind by the 8th round when he knocked down Barrios twice with a southpaw right hook and then again with his big left hand counter.

Davis then took over the fight and ended it with a brutal body shot in the 11th knocking Barrios down and referee stopped it moments later with Davis landing a further barrage of punches.

Officially Davis was ahead of all 3 judges which makes me suspect they were going to give him the decision regardless of what happened in the fight.

Davis did not look impressive at the weight and would lose to the top fighters.

Floyd was trying to be the centre of attention again and undermined Davis trainer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check out the post interview if you haven't already. he stated he didnt follow his corner- again he said he wasn't sure what he was dealing with early on.

Then a bit of the arrogant one came out & said "Had I knew he was soft early on"..LOL then he stepped it up later on. Looks funny watching a small guy stalk the taller fighter.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Showtime going the old school HBO route and pairing this replay with tonight's live card. Hope no one actually spent $80 on it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably best Davis has shown since Pedraza. He was sitting on his front toes looking to counter from jump. Barrios wins big off this too hung in thick and got his fair share of skin too. Focus of Davis was the real deal. Kept his head and kept it real post fight. Still do not like the yo-yo weight roulette that can and has catch up with even the best. I say leave 140 alone plenty of work to do at 135. But honestly if he took on Prograis at 140 it would be must see tv explosive .

Thread Information