Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Usyk 25th September - Tottenham Stadium

Usyk is an X factor considering Witherspoon wasn't the best tuneup for a Top notch HW. But then again- these are the fights that sets the tone for an unknown's career. Unknown in his ability to beat a top tier HW let alone a solid champ. SO I am not counting him out.

In fact I remember Holy the cruiser destroyer was constantly berated as too small, not enough power, not fast enough to evade...and look what he went on to do!

This is EXACTLY where Usyk is.

It is not for us to give him the benefit of the doubt- it is for him to be the Holyfield of this era & proves He belongs. In fact I would be ok if he put on a Holy/Bowe I performance and gains respect in a hell fought losing battle.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SHAPE OF HIS LIFE Anthony Joshua ready for all out war against Oleksandr Usyk after signing new career deal with Eddie Hearn

ANTHONY JOSHUA shows he is in shape for Oleksandr Usyk after announcing a deal for life with Eddie Hearn.

Saturday’s WBA, IBF and WBO defence against Usyk was scheduled to be the last in AJ’s current contract with Hearn but the 31-year-old superstar has penned a final “career long” deal with the Matchroom stable.

AJ stepped into the ring at Tuesday's public work-out at O2’s Indigo where Usyk entertained the crowd with a masterclass of juggling.

The Brit says he respects Usyk but warned the Ukrainian the fight at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium is all-out war.

Joshua said: “I feel strong and good. I’m mentally and physically conditioned so I should be able to handle the pressure.

"I feel like I have nothing if I don’t win this. It would not be the end of the road but I see getting a win here just the beginning.

“There is no strategy apart from winning. I will hurt someone or beat them until I get the win.

“Boxing needs this fight and the big fights, we have been Saudi and America but when I turned pro I wanted to get British boxing respected.

“Unless you were in America you were not respected but we have credibility now on these shores.

“We respected each other after the fight. I have met him before, in Saudi, with all due respect we are ambassadors for the sport but this is fighting, a warrior sport.

“When I watch the Durans and Haglers, we are going to war, a great fighter has a certain instinct, this is war.”

Unified heavyweight world champ Joshua turned professional with Hearn back in 2013 and stated he was delighted to remain in partnership as he plots his path towards the last remaining WBC crown - held by Tyson Fury.

Joshua said: “We’ve built some great foundations over the years and I appreciate Matchroom – the company, the team, the family business.

“What Matchroom Sport have done is created an environment for boxing fans. The shows that we have managed to put on have been phenomenal. When I walk out to fight, I look around and I’m like ‘mate, this is unbelievable’.

“From where we began, to the middle of the journey, the foundations we have created are phenomenal and I can’t wait to see what the future holds.

"I have heard that my signature was hot property. A handshake is good enough for me, but the signature solidifies it and I’m happy where my signature is.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16205...t-eddie-hearn/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it's the scarcity of big fights actually coming off lately but really warmed to this one. Was on the fence but leaning Usyk. At times everything about AJ says 'wound too tight' to me and a guy with the mental..slightly off.. make up of Usyk can find the holes and have the speed mobility and ring intelligence to exploit them. Also interested in AJ playing aggressor or trying to box a bit. Early on AJ the imposer, punch threat and can even see Usyk rattled but honestly I think the whole 'he's too small' is a tad played out. Either way like it a lot.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah this is simmering up nicely. It's taken a while to come out of the AJ Fury shadows, but now that the dust has settled and everyone has had time to reboot, it's as good as it gets, a really top quality fight.

I't hard to see past a Joshua win, he holds so many aces. Size, Strength, power. Usyk is the better pure boxer and better thinker but Joshua is way better than anything Usyk has faced before. The problem for Usyk is that everyone who has had success against Joshua has done so with power, they've met fire with fire. Big powerful hookers and in Wlad's case the dynamite right hand. I'm not sure Usyk has the single punch to hurt Joshua enough.

He will no doubt find a home for the left cross as a counter or lead punch, but then he did against an amateur Joe Joyce almost at will and that wasn't the blow out some people would have you believe. Joshua will be hitting him harder, faster and more often than anyone else.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have agreed with all the above Pre Ruiz, I think AJ is in a proper 50/50 fight here.
    If Usyk can ride the storm and get this past halfway i can see Josh burning out and being done on points or even stopped late on.
    Very interesting fight and Usyks footwork could be the key here.
    Josh can get him out of there fairly early if he can catch him cold but if he can't he's in for a long hard fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great matchup. My initial thoughts were "good big man beats little man" but the more I rewatch Usyk the more I convinced myself his lack of power/size isn't the disadvantage I thought. I think he can hurt AJ enough to make him hesitate. Joshua's blasts are going to outscore Usyk's "pitter patter," however, at 12/1 Usyk rds 7-12 is my bet (plus draw). AJ disputed PTS victory most likely. If AJ irons him he deserves serious credit.
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-22-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Ring picks are in.

Didn't expect it to be so heavily in favour of AJ

https://www.ringtv.com/627231-fight-...leksandr-usyk/
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight similar to Lennox lewis vs Zeijko Mavrovic in terms of size difference

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

aj can't fight scared against the smaller man
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    This fight similar to Lennox lewis vs Zeijko Mavrovic in terms of size difference
    Yeh now that was an ugly fight. Good thing great skills, accomplishment, southpaw volume and elite ring savvy play a part .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to think usyk would be a really tough match up for Joshua but after watching usyk at heavyweight he just isn't showing enough to make me think he can pull of the win... Chisora is obviously a knight are to fight against but chisora is no Joshua and he had usyk in great discomfort at stages(even though usyk won).. Usyk won't get away with giving away a lot of early rounds like he's been doing.. I think this is going to be like Lopez v lomachenko except when usyk tries to turn it up in the second half Joshua takes his head off.. Usyk doesn't look resilient enough to me (at heavyweight) and Joshua is pretty good and very powerful.

I do hope usky wins though... This will also be the third Olympic gold medalist that Joshua has beaten, I have no idea if that's impressive or not come to think of it.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to work tomorrow night but I look forward to watching it in the early hours of Sunday morning. It has the potential to be a very entertaining fight. Chisora has already shown that Usyk is not the monster he was now that he is fighting at heavyweight. You can get to him and make him very uncomfortable with educated and sustained pressure and Joshua has genuinely added stuff to his game fight by fight that makes him a nightmare for almost anyone that faces him. He may not be the greatest all rounder or the most devastating finisher we have seen in the heavies, but he can only deal with who his in front of him and he has done that even with Ruiz and the adjustments made for the rematch. In any era he would be more than competitive and he has a while to go if he can keep on progressing.

He is on a bit of a hiding to nothing because if he handily beats Usyk he will be made out to be too big all along and he he loses he will be dismissed as a hype job simply for losing to a very good opponent. Fenster is right, if Joshua sparks out Usyk or stops him on his feet, he deserves a lot of credit.

If he does that and Fury stops Wilder or beats him on points the possibility of AJ /Fury, especially in the UK, is fascinating given their respective journeys and contrasting styles and personalities. Lot of ifs there though.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua 240. Usyk 220. Joshua 'looks lean' 'Lost too much weight'. Usyk 'beefed up' 'packed on muscle'. All a bit of nonsense isn't it? Joshua's settled around the 240 mark for a few years now. Usyk has gone up by 4lbs since the Del Boy fight.

Usyks suit He was all over wish buying a joker outfit no?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Joshua 240. Usyk 220. Joshua 'looks lean' 'Lost too much weight'. Usyk 'beefed up' 'packed on muscle'. All a bit of nonsense isn't it? Joshua's settled around the 240 mark for a few years now. Usyk has gone up by 4lbs since the Del Boy fight.

Usyks suit He was all over wish buying a joker outfit no?

An absolute rascal of a whistle

Sort of shit they used to sell in Mr Byrite on Oxford Street back in the day

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me that was brutal. Bit morbid but that was Apolloesque.

Charley Burley

Thread Information