Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Conor Benn vs Adrian Granados

Conor Benn is set to square off against Adrian Granados on Saturday 31st July 2021 at Matchroom Fight Camp in Essex.

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Welterweight division, which means the weight limit will be 147 pounds (10.5 stone or 66.7 KG).

Also, on the undercard will be Can Xu's and Leigh Wood's fight for the WBA World Featherweight championship, Tommy McCarthy's and Chris Billam-Smith's fight for the CBC Commonwealth Cruiserweight and BBBOC British Cruiserweight belts, Anthony Fowler's and Rico Mueller's contest and Jack Cullen's and Avni Yildirim's bout.

Conor Benn steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 18 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 12 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Adrian Granados will make his way to the ring with a record of 21 wins, 8 loses and 3 draws, with 15 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Granados has a slight advantage in power over Benn, with a 71% knock out percentage over Benn's 67%.

Conor Benn is the younger man by 7 years, at 24 years old.

Granados has a height advantage of 1 inch over Benn.

Both Conor Benn & Adrian Granados fight out of an orthodox stance.

Benn is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 14 less fights, and made his debut in 2016, 7 year and 6 months later than Granados, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 126 less professional rounds, 68 to Granados' 194.

Conor Benn goes into the fight ranked number 9 by the WBA, 10 by the WBC and 13 by the IBF at welterweight.

Benn remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Samuel Vargas on 10th April 2021 by technical knockout in the 1st round at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had defeated Sebastian Formella on 21st November 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London.

Going into that contest, he had beat Steve Jamoye on 26th October 2019 by technical knockout in the 4th round at O2 Arena, London.

Before that, he had won against Jussi Koivula on 21st June 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at York Hall, London.

He had beat Josef Zahradnik on 20th April 2019 by points in the 8th round at O2 Arena, London.

Adrian Granados has stopped 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Robert Easter Jr on 26th October 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Santander Arena, Reading, United States.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Danny Garcia on 20th April 2019 by knockout in the 7th round at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, California.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Adalberto Borquez on 14th September 2018 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Polideportivo Juan S. Millan, Sinaloa, Mexico.

Before that, he had won against Luis Fernando Valdez on 3rd August 2018 by knockout in the 3rd round at Polideportivo Juan S. Millan, Sinaloa.

Hehad won against Javier Fortuna on 16th June 2018 by knockout at The Ford Center at The Star, Texas, United States.

ACTIVITY CHECK
    In terms of recent activity, Conor Benn has been fighting more than Adrian Granados.

Conor Benn last fought 3 months and 17 days ago, while Adrian Granados' last outing was 1 year, 9 months and 1 day ago.

Benn's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 7 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 25 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5 rounds on average.

Granados' last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 1 month and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 33 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.6 rounds on average.

WHAT TIME DOES BENN VS GRANADOS START?
    The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM BST at Matchroom Fight Camp, Essex, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

WHO IS SHOWING BENN VS GRANADOS?
    The DAZN show is expected to begin at 1:00 PM EST / 10:00 AM PST. The DAZN Global broadcast of the card is expected to start at 6:00 PM (BTS).

HOW DO YOU STREAM BENN VS GRANADOS?

In the UK you can stream Benn vs Granados via the DAZN global app and platform in the UK & most countries in the world. You can download the app for PC, Apple, Android, Fire TV, Roku, your Smart TV and many others.

1 month costs £1.99.

In the US you can stream Benn vs Granados via the DAZN app and platform. You can download the app for PC, Apple, Android, Fire TV, Roku, your Smart TV and many others. Note: You save over 60% if you pay for a full year of DAZN.

1 month of DAZN is $19.99, while 1 year costs $99.99.

WHAT WERE THE ODDS ON BENN VS GRANADOS?

Adrian Granados is currently (+100) to win the fight outright, while you can get (+100) on Conor Benn if you fancy the incredible upset.

https://box.live/fights/benn-vs-granados/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor benn vs adrian granados

Conor Benn fires 'top boy' warning to Adrien Granados ahead of Fight Camp clash

Conor Benn has fired a warning at Adrien Granados ahead of their welterweight duel at Fight Camp on Saturday night.

The young star is regarded as one of the leading fighters in the division, and is set to take another step up against an American opponent who has been in the ring with the likes of Adrien Broner and Shawn Porter.

And the 24-year-old has delivered a warning message to his opponent, stating that Granados is in the ring with a 'top boy' with the American making his debut in the UK.

Benn said: "He (Granados) is definitely a stepping stone on my way to the top, but he is certainly a better test," Benn said to Mirror Fighting on a media day ahead of the fight.

"He keeps talking about 'I've been in with the best and this top boy' but you're in with another top boy this weekend.

"When Vargas said he had been in with Amir Khan and Virgil Ortiz, that's your mistake for not putting me up where I know I am.

"If you want to fight out the hard way, I will let you find out the hard way."

The WBA continental welterweight champion defeated Samuel Vargas in just 82 seconds in his last outing, with an explosive first knockout victory sending a real statement of intent to the rest of the division.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn vs Adrian Granados

Adrian Granados issues response after Fight Camp clash with Conor Benn postponed

The Mexican fighter Adrian Granados is left 'upset and frustrated' after scheduled welterweight clash with Conor Benn is called off, after Benn tested positive for Covid-19 upon Fight Camp entry

Mexican welterweight Adrian Granados has been left 'upset and frustrated' as his fight with British welterweight Conor Benn is postponed after Benn tested positive for Covid-19.

Granados was set to face Benn on the main-event of the first week at Matchroom Boxing's Fight Camp which will now be shown globally on DAZN after a new broadcasting deal the label signed with the streaming service.

But Benn has been forced to withdraw after testing positive for Covid-19 on a lateral flow test ahead of the contest leaving his opponent 'frustrated' but ready to go with any new date.

“I am very disappointed, it is just the day and age we live in now," Granados said at the press conference after the news.

“Both Conor and I were very gung-ho about the fight, very excited but are very unfortunate with this disease that is conquering the world right now.

"I am very upset and frustrated, but what can you do?”

The fight had received a good amount of hype and anticipation, with Benn seen as an emerging star in the division and some intense chat between the pair with Granados stating he was ready to 'humble' the young son of Nigel Benn.

Benn responded with a 'top boy' warning for his Mexican opponent, and the experienced welterweight insists he will be 'ready to go' and deliver on his words upon any rescheduled date.

"I will always be ready, this is the fight that is supposed to happen," Granados continued.

“Benn has said a lot of stuff, I just wanted to get it on.

"I will be ready for August 14th, or whatever date may come.”

Benn was set to face another step-up in level in this fight, after making a statement first round stoppage in his last outing against Samuel Vargas back in April.

He also revealed his plans to keep improving and plot a journey to the world title, delivering comparisons to fellow British welterweight Kell Brook in his route to top-level glory.

"Look at Kell Brook he turned pro at 18, and won his first world title when he was 28 including his massive amateur pedigree," Benn told Mirror Fighting at a media day ahead of Fight Camp.

It is hard to not put a timeframe on it (world title plans).

"Really I could have done with so many more learning fights during my career."

The Fight Camp card is set to go ahead despite the withdrawal of Benn with British featherweight Leigh Wood's world title challenge against Xu Can promoted to main event ahead of the Fight Camp launch at the weekend.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...after-24645866

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jack Cullen vs Anvi Yildrim

Fantastic fight.

It showed a lot about Cullen and showed that he can mix with fighters at a higher level. Albeit Yildrim is in a very fast decline, as seen against Canelo.

Cullen is only/was a domestic UK fighter but it shows that we have talent that can challenge because this was a massive step for him and no one expected an upset!

Happy for Cullen!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McCarthy v Billam Smith on now which is rough and scrappy so far.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McCarthy is counter punching his way to victory but Billam Smith puts in a hard round 5 which may have taken too much out of him. Very intriguing contest.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jack Cullen vs Anvi Yildrim

Was yildirim ever that good though? No way should he have been mandatory for alvarez, amazing crooked mafia stuff for that...

Just noticed this card was on... Tommy Mccarthy, who went over to Italy and beat the match room Italy guy turchi, is taking on bilam Smith, I only know of Mccarthy out of these two, fairly good fight so far though, I don't rate Mccarthy that high though...

Chinese guy Xu can is in the main event v leigh wood who I also don't know about... I suspect can will win even though I don't rate him that high either.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That headbutt on Mccarthy looked pretty deliberate in slow motion... But slow motion can be deceiving

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Was yildirim ever that good though? No way should he have been mandatory for alvarez, amazing crooked mafia stuff for that...

Just noticed this card was on... Tommy Mccarthy, who went over to Italy and beat the match room Italy guy turchi, is taking on bilam Smith, I only know of Mccarthy out of these two, fairly good fight so far though, I don't rate Mccarthy that high though...

Chinese guy Xu can is in the main event v leigh wood who I also don't know about... I suspect can will win even though I don't rate him that high either.
    Mccarthy is a lighter Mike Perez, same style and stuff.

No one rates him tbh.

Yildrim, regardless of his form is a great win for Cullen.

We will see about the main event tbh. You watching it?
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both fighters giving it their all in this fight but lack the quality to pull ahead.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha master merging threads into his own one!

This is like a slow motion fight now, not the best quality but pretty fun..

I just started watching a few rounds into the Mccarthy fight...

So where's Connor benn? I've lost track of the boxing news because of the euros, copa america and olymlics

Aha I see Master posted above that benn has covid, I always said master is the best poster.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Both fighters giving it their all in this fight but lack the quality to pull ahead.
    The fight all the pundits called the “fight of the night” has been a slugfest bro
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So where's Connor benn? I've lost track of the boxing news because of the euros, copa america and olymlics

Aha I see Master posted above that benn has covid, I always said master is the best poster.
    Conor caught covid and had to withdraw from the fight.

Missed Hatton and Yildrin fight so was not sure what fight Vendettos was on about.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Conor caught covid and had to withdraw from the fight.

Missed Hatton and Yildrin fight so was not sure what fight Vendettos was on about.
    Mccarthy vs Billam Smith
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think billam Smith landed more of the better punches in the rounds I saw, commentators have it pretty equal though.

Punch stats are pretty equal though, the commentators could be right.

Thread Information