Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    @palmerq link hightlights this man's career

Porter (31-4-1, 17 KOs)
    Became a world champion when he defeated Devon Alexander for the IBF welterweight title in 2013.

A demolition job on Paulie Malignaggi

Lost his title by majority decision to Kell Brook in 2014.

A close decision defeat to then WBA champion Keith Thurman in 2016,

Won the vacant WBC belt against Danny Garcia in 2018.

Narrowly defeating Yordenis Ugas,

(add on) he Beat 2 ABs LOL! aka Andre Berto & Adrian Broner

Porter unified titles with Errol Spence Jr but lost a split decision in September 2019.

His final win came against Sebastian Formella in August 2020.

Loss to a Potential HOFer and current P4P Bud Crawford

Now that is a damn good resume! Thank YOU SHOWTIME SEAN, Will miss that big ole smile!
    He did pretty good, I was amazed at the time that not many made more noise about the Thurman decision, Admittedly I wasn't scoring it so maybe it was fine but it that one seemed like a sort of fight where people cry robbery, just seemed like the whole thing was set up for Thurman benefit :S..The other BC (before crawford) losses were split or majority decisions too, not bad at ALL, it's Crawford is really great at ramping it up and it must be so demoralizing to lose like that, I'm sure that porter thought he was winning and then crawford just takes it all away....

I think he'll stay retired and get a job on tv that he'll love and it's probably for the best, he's had a nice career and I don't think he can do any better than sniping the odd belt in the future, it's not worth it. Tv will pay him well I think.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did kenny have bet on terence knockout in the tenth?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford to leave iconic Top Rank promotion and eyes Errol Spence Jr super-fight after Shawn Porter win

TERENCE CRAWFORD announced he will leave Top Rank - and is eyeing a super-fight with Errol Spence Jr.

The American superstar saw at the final bout in his deal with legendary promoter Bob Arum, with a stoppage over Shawn Porter.

In the post-fight press conference, with Arum sat next to him, Crawford confirmed he was moving on.

He said: “I’m pretty sure my decision is made already.

“Bob couldn’t secure me the Spence fight when I was with him, so how is he gonna secure me the Spence fight when I’m not with him?

"I’m moving forward with my career right now and I wish everybody the best.”

Spence, 31, was ringside to watch former opponent Porter, 34, lose in round ten after two knockdowns.

Crawford, 34, responded: "He was at my fight? That boy said he would never come to my fight but now he's at my fight.

"You saw what I did compared to what he did [against Porter]. Who's No1 in the welterweight division now?

"You all know who I want. I've been calling him out. Maybe I'll go up to 154lbs. Maybe Spence Jr will fight me."

Unified champion Spence beat Porter on points in 2019 and also has wins over Kell Brook, 34, Mikey Garcia, 33 and Danny Garcia, 33.

Whereas Crawford is a three-division king and claims to be the true welterweight ruler.

He said: "I don't need Spence Jr. I've been the No 1 guy in the division since I came here.

"I'm a three-weight world champion, and undisputed world champion, I came to the welterweight division and won a title in my first fight."

Spence was set to return in August against Manny Pacquiao, 42, defending his WBC and IBF titles.

But he suffered an eye injury in sparring and underwent surgery, with Yordenis Ugas, 35, replacing him to beat now-retired Pacquiao.

Spence confirmed plans to fight again early next year as he continues his recovery.

He told EsNEWS: “Everybody has got to wait. I’m coming back with a big one. When I’ll be back, it’s going to be a big one.

“I’ll be at 147 still. Hopefully, I’ll be fighting again in February or March. We’ll see."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16807...-shawn-porter/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ATGs are among the worst to predict fights!

One of the few times, not so much Hop Picked Bud, but why/how Nice follow up to master's post on Arum/Top Rank/Bud fiasco

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahhh... happy news about Bud stopping Porter. I'll try and catch it on rerun. Thanks for the great RBR (with some missing ) and expert forum commentary post-fight, guys.

Nothing personal against Porter, who is likable enough on TV and might be able to stay on as commentator to some extent. But man... do I hate his "head-first" style. Some call it grit... I call it messy "boxing." Don't like it, and I think it hides lack of classical boxing skills.

Happy for Bud, and looking forward to him actually leaving Top Rank (if true) so we can finally see some of the other big fights available.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ahhh... happy news about Bud stopping Porter. I'll try and catch it on rerun. Thanks for the great RBR (with some missing ) and expert forum commentary post-fight, guys.

Nothing personal against Porter, who is likable enough on TV and might be able to stay on as commentator to some extent. But man... do I hate his "head-first" style. Some call it grit... I call it messy "boxing." Don't like it, and I think it hides lack of classical boxing skills.

Happy for Bud, and looking forward to him actually leaving Top Rank (if true) so we can finally see some of the other big fights available.
    Porter did cleaner work and did not maul as much. Although there were head clashes and tangle's it was boxing of the highest order.

I had them winning alternate rounds until Porter tired and Crawford landed cleaner. Good fight, better than I anticipated.
    Last edited by Master; 11-25-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the way that terence crawford is always sagging away from the other guy it looks like a tide receding and you get pulled into the ocean trying to chase it. theres no way to hit a guy like that unless you do and all these guys that fight crawford look the same. they look like a guy chasing a 5 dollar bill up the street. then they all run right into traffic.

Thread Information