Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter

Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter: Top Promoter Believes Fight Will Take Place in November

Terence Crawford and Shawn Porter have been ordered to fight each other by the WBO and a top promoter believes the fight will take place later this year.

The two only have a few weeks to agree a deal for the fight and there is a lot at stake as Crawford currently holds the Welterweight title.

There has been a lot that has gone on in the boxing world, and huge fights like Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder as well as Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk are also happening this year.

Read More: Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: Date, Odds, Tickets, Stats, Live Stream, Card And Everything You Need To Know

It truly is a great time for boxing fans and no doubt we are due for some great spectacles before 2021 comes to a close.

Read More: Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter: Date, Odds, Tickets, Stats, Live Stream, Card And Everything You Need To Know

If the fight is not agreed in the next couple of weeks, it would go to a purse bid; however, top promoter Bob Arum believes that this will thankfully not happen.

Speaking to World Boxing News, Arum immediately rubbished claims that October 23rd would be the date for the fight. This is due to the fact that Fury vs Wilder 3 is happening in that month so it would not make sense to make Crawford and Porter fight in the same month too.

Due to this, he said that the fight will be taking place in November. Arum said: “Oct 23 is not in play [for Crawford vs. Porter], and we wouldn’t want to do it in October because it would be a pay-per-view and we already have an October pay-per-view [Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3], so it would be November.”

This is very exciting news and hopefully it is confirmed sooner rather than later. It is also interesting to hear that it will be pay-per-view, so boxing fans will have to check which streaming services will be hosting the event when it is confirmed.

With a belt on the line, the two will be wanting to sort out the deal as soon as possible so that they can focus on training for the big fight.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter

Note to Porter..do not stand on your toes and try to box him. I have a funny feeling I can't quite explain but Porter may very well pull off the massive 'upset'

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I posted on another thread... massively rooting for Bud in this one.

Porter's a nice enough guy... but my first bit of advice to Crawford would be to enter the ring with a red cape and a sword.

Shawn's headlong rushes are the reason I despise every one of his fights.

Some call it aggressiveness... I call it disguising a lack of classic boxing skills with bull-like charges.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Porter's a nice enough guy... but my first bit of advice to Crawford would be to enter the ring with a red cape and a sword.

Some call it aggressiveness... I call it disguising a lack of classic boxing skills with bull-like charges.
    I did not manage to watch Spence v Porter but heard at least one of the rounds was a classic. I know he likes to go head first when he has run out of ideas but heard he fought well against Spence?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I did not manage to watch Spence v Porter but heard at least one of the rounds was a classic. I know he likes to go head first when he has run out of ideas but heard he fought well against Spence?
    Damn good fight, watch it! A man has got to eat his wheaties fighting Porter. The one thing I like about him- is rushing in or not, he throws in the process so technically he is boxing!

I really like this fight here! At some point Crawford wont give angles he will stand and trade. Not sure who has more power Gamboa when he faced Bud or Sean when they meet. Since Gamboa forced Bud to hold with a punch he didn't see, I know Sean will land and land with shots from rushing angles.

Bud is light years better than Pauli was during his prime, but I like this highlight because it shows how quick Sean's hands are when he throws in bunches.
    And also how tough Paulie is. Cotto in his prime couldn't win by KO, but Sean did.

Tossup fight, I think Bud is the technical fighter with a ghetto mentality. I am going with Sean cause he's my dog! Fellow Akronites War Porter!!!!!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac-Spence
    Porter-Crawford

2 great fights will produce candidates for ROTY & FOTY!

I got Spence & Porter.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there's ever a fighter to exploit the bullrushing style of Porter it's Terence Crawford. This is a smallish welter against a guy who could probably compete at 160. I keep waiting for Porter to come into a fight weight drained but he's still somehow able to make the weight and be effective. Crawford has the skills to really put on a show here though. I think it's a clear Crawford UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a smallish welter against a guy who could probably compete at 160. I keep waiting for Porter to come into a fight weight drained but he's still somehow able to make the weight and be effective

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really hoping they put on a show. 1st we lose Fury-Wilder...not too surprised with Fury, now Pac-Spence. A great May, June, July...starting to fade a bit. But I think both these guys will make it to the ring and display some fireworks. Bud has the tools, but again I'm rooting for my fellow Akronite to be Bud's Kryptonite!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BIG FIGHT Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter could be announced next week for November 20 in Las Vegas, Bob Arum reveals

Bob Arum is hopeful that Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter will be a done deal very soon and officially announced next week.

Following his knockout of Kell Brook last year, it’s been unclear what fight would come next for WBO welterweight champion Crawford.

The American became embroiled in spat with his promoter Bob Arum as both were frustrated over his current situation.

Crawford is a three-weight world champion and widely regarded as one of the top three pound-for-pound fighters in the entire sport today.

However, he is yet to face a fellow truly world class fighter in their prime who comes close to his level.

The vast majority of the big-name fighters at welterweight today are signed with Al Haymon’s PBC, who rarely do business with Arum’s Top Rank.

The super-fight all boxing fans want to see between Crawford and Errol Spence looks further away than ever for this reason.

With fighters such as Spence and Porter out of his reach, Crawford has had to settle for facing lesser-known opposition and so been unable to generate big PPV numbers – part of the reason for the spat with his own promoter.

Last month though, the WBO threw him a lifeline by ordering the bout with Porter.

It initially looked like no deal would be agreed and the fight would go to purse bids, but now it appears there has been serious progress in negotiations.

Arum told ESNEWS: “We talked with PBC as late as yesterday.

“It looks like Porter is on board, or close to on board.

“Hopefully Terence will be on board and we’ll announce the fight next week, hopefully.

“We want it in Vegas at the Mandalay Bay. We’re holding the arena for November 20.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...er-date-venue/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is now fighting a past it Porter who spends more time podcasting than training?!

Crawford has ruined the prime years of his career where he should be making massive paydays and cementing his history.

Like Fury, scared to loose and wasting his talent.

Hope Josh Taylor can make it happen at 147 and expose some of these clowns!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Crawford is now fighting a past it Porter who spends more time podcasting than training?!

Crawford has ruined the prime years of his career where he should be making massive paydays and cementing his history.

Like Fury, scared to loose and wasting his talent.

Hope Josh Taylor can make it happen at 147 and expose some of these clowns!
    Porter past it or not, the dude has never been caught haggling or cherry picking. Just like Crawford, Spence- all 3 only fought once in 2020. Not sure who Sebastian Formella is, but Porter getting credited for landing 300+ seems like he is still in shape.

I can't fault Crawford. I mean his own promoter said he can't sell fights, I was like wow, isnt that the promoter's job? And just as with Floyd, Manny given the chance.... walked away from Arum!!! Yippy!!

But in the process he ended up taking Crawford's fight away -so Bud got sidelined to see Arum's Pac choose Spence...only for Spence to pull out and we got Ugas! LOL!

I see Arum as more at fault for Crawford not fighting often -then add on the pandemic. Last year was a wash for almost all boxers. And I dont think Bud would have ever caught on fire in USA. Omaha yeah!

I too hope Josh Taylor will get his day. But it wont be the fault of Bud, SPence or Porter if he doesn't. They are all live dogs.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 09-12-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford finally gets big fight against world class opponent as deal is struck for Shawn Porter title clash on November 20 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Terence Crawford will face Shawn Porter in a highly anticipated defence of his WBO welterweight world title on November 20 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

The three-weight champion is widely regarded as one of the top three pound-for-pound fighters in the entire sport today, however he is yet to face a fellow world class fighter in their prime who comes close to his level.

Crawford is the WBO welterweight champion and has been waiting a long time to face another top fighter

Following his knockout of Kell Brook last year, it’s been unclear what fight would come next for WBO champion Crawford.

The American became embroiled in spat with his promoter Bob Arum as both were frustrated over his current situation.

The vast majority of the big-name fighters at welterweight today are signed with Al Haymon’s PBC, who rarely do business with Arum’s Top Rank.

The super-fight all boxing fans want to see between Crawford and Errol Spence looks further away than ever for this reason.

With fighters such as Spence and Porter out of his reach, Crawford has had to settle for facing lesser-known opposition and so been unable to generate big PPV numbers – part of the reason for the spat with his own promoter.

Last month though, the WBO threw him a lifeline by ordering the bout with Porter.

It initially looked like no deal would be agreed and the fight would go to purse bids, but now Top Rank’s Carl Moretti has confirmed to Kevin Iole that the sides have struck a deal.

The bout will take place on November 20 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...-shawn-porter/

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool!

We're so close to sending Arum into retirement!!!

Thread Information