Kid Galahad and James ‘Jazza’ Dickens face off again this weekend nearly eight years on since their first meeting.

Galahad, who has a record of 27 wins and one defeat, beat fellow Brit Dickens in September 2013, claiming a TKO victory to win the British super-bantamweight title at the time.

Now, they will go toe-to-toe again this Saturday with the vacant IBF featherweight title on the line.

Galahad lost to Josh Warrington in June 2019 but bounced back with a win over Claudio Marrero last time out.

Meanwhile, Dickens has worked his way up the ranks in recent years, winning eight in a row including his victory over Ryan Walsh in December.

It should be an exciting all-British title clash at the Matchroom Headquarters in Brentwood this weekend.

This twelve-round featherweight bout will take place on Saturday, August 7 and is being held at the Matchroom Headquarters in Brentwood.

The ring walks for Galahad v Dickens are expected from 10:30pm on the night.

Kid Galahad v James Dickens – for vacant IBF featherweight title
Fabio Wardley v Nick Webb – for BBBofC English heavyweight title
Alen Babic v Mark Bennett
Ebanie Bridges v Bec Connolly
Johnny Fisher v Danny Whitaker
Aqib Fiaz v Kevin Baldospino
Ellie Scotney v TBA

James Dickens: “I don’t even see it as a rematch, as strange as that sounds.

“So much has happened in both our careers since that fight and we’re both different fighters at a different weight today.

“I’m expecting a totally different Kid Galahad and I think that he’s expecting a different version of me.

“Whenever you lose, nobody is interested in you. I’ve seen that first hand.

“It’s a hard place to be in when you have no fights coming up and that was the position I was in. It was important that I didn’t forget why I started boxing and what my end goal was.

“I had to remind myself of that a few times.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...l-boxing-news/