Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua Buatsi v Ricards Bolotniks

Joshua Buatsi guarantees statement performance in step-up fight against Ricards Bolotniks

Joshua Buatsi will look to land a stoppage when he returns to fighting in front of fans against Golden Contract winner Ricards Bolotniks on Saturday night.

The Ghanaian fighter is 14-0 and holds the international light heavyweight title, but has yet to be tested at a high level during his young pro career.

But Bolotniks will provide the step-up that is necessary for him to move to the next step, with the Latvian having won his last seven on the bounce.

“People have been asking for me to step up and here we are,” Buatsi said ahead of the fight. “I know what I have got to do, if it gets tough, I still know what I need to do.

"I’ve covered all bases in camp, so I am ready, so tune in and you’ll see.

“It’s part of the game and I understand it and it’s a compliment that people want to see me in with better competition.

"It’s natural for people to want to see and that’s what is next in line, so it’s down to me to handle it.

“I saw him box in the Golden Contract final, but it was just one round and a bit of him against Hosea Burton, and that’s it.

"I’ve always said that it’s about improving myself as a fighter and covering all angles and aspects of myself and once I do that, I feel that I can do that with anyone put in front of me."

Buatsi's last outing against Daniel Blenda Dos Santos in Manchester was the last boxing event that Matchroom put on behind closed doors, and many fans were concerned with his performance.

But he is confident of taking advantage of "any vulnerability" that his opponent shows in their twleve-round fight and landing a vital finish.

“I’m looking forward to a lot," the Brit continued. "It’s been a while since I’ve boxed in front of fans so that’s going to be great.

"It’s the main event against a good opponent, we’re both ranked highly, we’ve both got winning streaks and believe we’ll win.

"I’ll be there for every round and if I sense any vulnerability from Bolotniks it's game over, I'll take him out. "

Buatsi is known for his nice guy image outside of the ring, but he promises to be brutal inside the ring when he takes on the Latvian this weekend in the final of three exciting events at Matchroom HQ.

“It’s boxing, outside the ring you be cool, be calm, be nice, but inside the ring, you handle business," he explained.

"When I fight, I must put it all on the line because people say, ‘Joshua Buatsi is a nice guy’, but if I boxed in a nice way, people wouldn’t care.

"If you are a big character that’s loud and trash talks, the performance doesn’t matter as much in a way, but I am not like that, so I am aware my performances must do that talking."

It's his second fight of the year, and third since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, but Buatsi is planning to get out once more before the year is out, with major events now returning across the UK.

“We were aiming for three fights this year, May, August, and the winter," he continued.

"So, the stakes are high, but I will go in with whomever the team puts in front of me, that’s for them, as long as I prepare I’m good, because when you step in the ring there’s no turning back.

"This is a very dangerous sport, so you have to make sure you are on it."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua Buatsi v Ricards Bolotniks

Half decent step up for Buatsi, this Latvian had a shit start to his career but has definitely improved and seems a durable, tough European level opponent.

The card is shit otherwise, Hearn was trying to get the Conor Benn fight back on this card but Covid has fucked things up yet again.

I wanna see Buatsi do a demolition job on Bolotniks and stop him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McKinson doing a good impression of Naz so far beating Runowski.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cordina knocks out Hernandez in round 1 with a huge right hand. He was sharp and landed 5 good right hands before ending the fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bauatsi dominate 1st round controlling the centre of the ring but got caught at times.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bauatsi wins an impressive 2nd round with a good jab and nice variety of combinations.

2 nil Bauatsi.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bauatsi wins 3rd round with superior boxing combinations hurting his opponent and now blocking the attacks particularly the right hands.

3 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bauatsi picked up the pace and pressure in the 4th hurting Bolotniks.

4 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bolotniks taking a beating in round 5 where Bauatsi throwing less punches but are causing more damage.

5 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bauatsi knocks down Bolotniks with a left hook in the 6th and punishes him for the rest of the round. Nearly gassed himself trying to stop him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bolotniks wins round 7 with Bauatsi taking the round off to capture his breath.

6-1 Bauatsi

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bolotniks was doing well in round 8 and got caught with a low blow from Bauatsi where a point was deducted.

6-2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bauatsi pushing forward and hurting Bolotniks at the end of the 9th round to take back control of the round and fight.

7-2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bauatsi making it a war of attrition in round 10 against Bolotniks who is gamely taking the punishment and trying to land his own punches.

8-2 Bauatsi

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buatsi is doing the job

But he has looked exhausted since round 6

Good knockout
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.