Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez v Caleb Plant - bring on undisputed

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Carl Froch would be too big for Canelo and if he could not knock him out he would simply outbox him from range. If everything was equal with judges and gloves.
    Absolutely no chance of that happening. When did Froch turn into this super skilled fighter? Skills wise, Is Froch a better boxer than Saunders? No. Is he a better boxer than Callum Smith ? No. Jacobs? No. Shall I carry on?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I think Carl Froch would be too big for Canelo and if he could not knock him out he would simply outbox him from range. If everything was equal with judges and gloves.
    Absolutely no chance of that happening. When did Froch turn into this super skilled fighter? Skills wise, Is Froch a better boxer than Saunders? No. Is he a better boxer than Callum Smith ? No. Jacobs? No. Shall I carry on?
    Arthur Abraham's.

Froch was better than Smith and Jacobs.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arthur Abraham's.

canelo is another level to arthur
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Arthur Abraham's.

Abraham had the same crab like style, short, slow and strong. If Froch felt he could not break down Canelo he would go for plan B and out box him.

Canelo has not faced the Kessler's, Ward and Froch of this world.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe confident he would have beaten Canelo Alvarez in his prime

Joe Calzaghe claims Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez will go down as one of boxing’s all-time greats - but insists he would still have beaten him.

Canelo aims to add to his legacy when he faces Caleb Plant for the undisputed world super-middleweight title at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena in the early hours of Sunday.

The Mexican ring legend has already reigned as world champion at four different weights and Calzaghe has hailed him as one of the sport’s finest.

But the Welshman, who is regarded as the best super-middleweight ever, cheekily adds he would have been too good for him.

“If he continues the way he’s going and winning titles, he has to be in the top 10 of all-time based on what he’s achieved,” said the former unified unbeaten king at 168lbs.

“And his longevity, longevity is important as well. Winning the title is one thing, we’ve seen fighters win a title and then lose it, so for him to be champion for all these years is impressive.

“He’s still only 31. He’s just a true, true champion and I have a lot of respect for him.

“But of course I would have won, yes, I’d have won! He’s never fought a Joe Calzaghe and I never fought a Canelo, but it’s a fight when I look at it that I would love to have had.

“Of course, I wish I was around now when Canelo is around. Of course it would be a tough fight. It would have been a great fight, but he’s 5ft 8ins and I think I would have won.”

Canelo holds the WBA Super, WBC and WBO titles, having dethroned Brits Callum Smith and Billy Joe Saunders and wants the IBF crown to complete his set from the unbeaten Plant.

Although Plant is taller than Canelo and has a longer reach, Calzaghe feels he lacks the power needed to win.

Calzaghe, 49, said: “When you look at fighters like Smith, a very good undefeated fighter, I thought his height and reach would give Canelo problems, but it was nothing to him.

“It’s going to be a tough fight for Plant, he’s never been in the ring with someone of the calibre of Canelo.

“I do think Plant will do well early on. If he fights intelligently, he can be competitive, but I see Canelo winning by a late stoppage or on points.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course now retired fighters want to pump up Canelo as an ATG... with the disclaimer that Canelo would beat everyone but him.

The red-haired diva has fukked up boxing world logic BIG TIME.

Everyone wants to make an easy big buck off of him... and no matter how sorry the opponent is... he gets temporarily bumped up to "credible opponent" status. "Dangerous opponent", even.

Can't wait till this fabrication is no longer relevant.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arthur Abraham's.

Abraham had the same crab like style, short, slow and strong. If Froch felt he could not break down Canelo he would go for plan B and out box him.

i think canelo would have beaten all three
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo came in at one hundred & sixty eight pounds pounds, caleb weighed in at one hundred & sixty seven pounds

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arthur Abraham's.

i think canelo would have beaten all three
    Ward definitely beats Canelo, Joe more than likely but maybe the contest with Kessler would be closer.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant purse and prize money for undisputed title fight

Alvarez split from his $365 million deal with Golden Boy and Dazn last year but will still take home a whopping $40 million for his fight with Plant this weekend.

Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant will both enjoy huge paydays from tonight's super-middleweight clash.

Either Alvarez or Plant will be crowned the first-ever undisputed 168lb champion in boxing history in Las Vegas.

And Alvarez will earn $40million for the unification fight, whilst underdog Plant will take home $10 million, although both fighters' pay cheques will not be final until the pay-per-view sales of the fight are released.

Boxing's biggest attraction Alvarez will step into the ring for the fourth time in less than a year against Plant having won super-middleweight titles from Callum Smith last December.

He then retained his belts against Avni Yildrim in February and captured Billy Joe Saunders' WBO title in May to leave him one short of the complete collection.

Alvarez signed an 11-fight deal with DAZN in 2018 that would see him bank at least $365m. At the time, Alvarez's contract was the largest ever signed by a professional athlete.

The first fight on his deal came against Rocky Fielding in December 2018, with Alvarez picking up a quick stoppage win to become a four-weight world champion.

Alvarez made $35m for his 2019 wins against Daniel Jacobs and Sergey Kovalev but the Mexican filed a civil suit against his promoter Golden Boy and broadcast partner DAZN last year over their alleged failure to deliver on the terms of his mammoth contract.

Alvarez sought $280m in damages from the lawsuit and the right to schedule fights without input from Golden Boy or DAZN.

He didn't fight again for over a year after his win against Kovalev, reaching an agreement to exit his deal in November 2020.

Alvarez returned against Smith in December of that year, but in the first fight since parting ways with his promoter he banked considerably less at $20m.

For his wins against Yildrim and Saunders this year, the pound-for-pound No.1 took home $35m.

Alvarez's fight with Plant will mark his fourth as a free agent.

His old broadcast partner DAZN recently partnered with Matchroom Boxing and is in the process of transitioning their introductory price of £1.99 to £7.99.

Matchroom supremo Eddie Hearn said the broadcaster's introduction of pay-per-view is "inevitable in certain unique situations".

"Absolutely 100 per cent the aim of DAZN is to bring you traditional pay-per-view nights we've seen in the last five years as part of the monthly subscription," he told Boxing Social.

"They need to have a pay-per-view functionality for unique circumstances, that's the keyword. When you look at it now, Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua.

"That is not gonna go as part of your DAZN subscription, being quite frank with you."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...plant-25391022

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How long will Plant last tonight? lolol... I say at least 5 rounds. He does not look like a quitter, so Canelo would beat him down for the first few and would stop him in 5.

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone actually drop a dime for the card? Not this guy. Weird thing the 'Golden Goose' top star of boxing and man didn't even get a Stickie . For the life of me I cannot see Plant with the firepower and long durability to prevent getting hung up on the ropes and once he is put there Canelo may very well fold him in half by 10. When's the last time Canelo was cut by a punch?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo just carried caleb & made it close to keep uncle al happy. canelo ended it when he wanted

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't buy but watched on a stream, no sound, in hospital at this time(nothing serious) so I was a bit distracted when watching on the soundless stream. Looked like plant gave alvarez some trouble, maybe his toughest fight since golovkin, plant landed some jabs and made alvarez miss more than usual, I thought the rounds were fairly close with alvarez being ahead whilst he landed the more powerful punches and he got the stoppage in the end. But I was a bit distracted and couldn't hear anything :S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ive seen that one a lot of times. thats how primo ramos knocked out frankie randall. you put your hand up and you think youre safe and why wouldnt you be, after all you put your hand up. until you get hit and now youre really hurt because you let yourself get hit with a punch you let yourself think couldnt hit you.

Thread Information