Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez v Caleb Plant - bring on undisputed

caleb begging to get hurt
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The PBC/Haymon did a number on team Canelo with the drugs stuff, that's the reason you need a top promoter, it's one thing Plant bringing it up but the MC too, lol. However, we saw what will happen in the fight. Plant was nearly on his back from the shove then got carved up by a counter left/right.
    Yeah in terms of the message Plant was getting across, which is a valid one and needs bringing up, the only way it sticks is if he wins. We're conditioned to ignore the handbags of press conferences and weigh ins. But if ever one was a perfect snapshot of what will happen on fight night this was it. Plant will be overpowered and carved up. Really hope I'm wrong.

Plant gets battered and so does any point he was trying to make, Buried in an avalanche of how great Canelo is.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Team Canelo is gobbling all this up. To the casual, it has transformed Plant into a legitimate opponent... maybe even a dangerous one at that. When Canelo sweeps the floor with him, it'll be seen as a great victory for Canelo, rather than the foregone conclusion it always was. Team Canelo can offer seminars in how to pump up a shitty opponent into a "threat."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just fight promotion
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Caleb Plant 'confident' of causing an upset

Caleb Plant is adopting a siege mentality ahead of the fourth defence of his IBF super-middleweight title against Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on November 6.

Mexico's Canelo Alvarez is regarded as one of the greatest fighters of his generation, boasting a record of just two draws and one defeat from 59 fights, and is actually ranked two places above Plant by American outlet ESPN.

However, while Plant knows the odds are heavily stacked against him, 'Sweethands' certainly doesn't lack confidence heading into the biggest fight of his career.

"I know I’m gonna win this fight," Plant told 'The Last Stand' podcast.

"I’m confident as I’ve ever been.

"So like I said up there, I don't need you guys to believe it, I don't need you guys to support me or root for me, I've been doing it my whole life without people doing that.

"When the bell rings, can't none of y'all get in there for me anyways, so I don't need y'all [sic] to believe it, the only person that needs to believe it is me."

Indeed, Plant is trying to get under Canelo's skin by using every trick in the book.

For the most part it appears to be working as security had to separate the pair after a heated altercation during a press conference in Los Angeles.

"Just normal back and forth," he replied when asked what had prompted the Mexican to fly into a bitter rage.

"I'm going to beat you up, no, I'm going to beat you up, no, I'm going to beat you, no m-----------, no m-----------', but I guess he didn't like that.

"He got one on me, but I got one on him, his arm was bleeding because his arm hit my glasses right here, pushed my glasses to my face.

"Just gave me like a little cut right here, I don't even need stitches or like no surgery or anything like that, it's just like a scratch, but I didn't want it up there trickling down, so I put a band-aid on it."

Plant also ripped into Alvarez for testing positive for the banned substance clenbuterol in the past and branded him a drugs cheat.

"Because there's no room for that in our sport," he explained.

"He was saying, 'I think Caleb Plant's insecure', but isn't testing positive for banned substances insecure?

"Taking banned substances, isn't that insecure? Because taking banned substances doesn't stem from confidence, that stems from fear.

"Fear of not making weight, fear of your conditioning being this, or your power being this, it doesn't stem from what you think you can do, it stems from what you think you can't do.

"That's what banned substances stem from, that's why you take them, and I'm a clean fighter.

"I know that in my heart, and I've always been a clean fighter and I always will be a clean fighter, I'm not a cheater.

"That's one thing my dad has instilled in me since I was a little kid, we do not cheat, and I'm not a cheater.

"I feel like more people should speak up on it and I feel like I have the platform to do it so I'm gonna [sic] speak up on it and he got mad about it but if it's not true what's there to be mad about?"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's get this foregone conclusion over with, so Canelo maybe has to face a real opponent next time.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That undercard is really really frail for a main event that in all honesty feels much more like a formality and matter of ceremony. Anthony Dirrell . Wiped out two years ago by the legit top threat Benavidez who Canelo shows no interest in fighting and arguably off a loss in his last fight. Brilliant.

Honest question..anyone else feel like promotion and big wigs have basically conceded the night to another mma ppv? I envision Canelo again sitting on a couch waiting for their main event to end before coming to the ring. Hope not.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's a pity canelo has had to take these guys out one at a time instead of some of them fighting each other

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez has made three major adjustments for Caleb Plant clash

Canelo Alvarez's trainer Eddy Reynoso has revealed three key factors that the Mexican is aiming to improve including his defence and finishing instinct.

The 31-year-old will take on Caleb Plant in a huge undisputed super-middleweight tilt next month.

And the meeting will be another historic day for the pound-for-pound great's legacy, who will be looking to become the first undisputed super middleweight champion.

His award-winning trainer Reynoso has uncovered Canelo's plot to improve his defence, footwork and killer instinct ahead of facing a new rival.

“You know we have been focusing on three things during his training camp,” Reynoso told the PBC podcast.

“Number one his defence, number two his leg work and footwork, and number three his ability to work the body and finish up top.

“Really this training camp could not have gone any better, and we couldn’t be happier with the results we have got from Canelo so far.”

A tense start to their rivalry has already emerged at the press-conference with both Alvarez and Plant exchanging fiery words.

And the exchanges boiled over at the California press-conference, with a chaotic brawl causing the American to leave with a cut around his eye.

The violent scenes were sparked by a comment from Plant which the IBF champion later cleared up.

His opponent will go into the contest as favourite and is extremely confident of lifting the fully-unified crown with an early stoppage.

“It’s new for me to have this much bad blood with an opponent," Alvarez said at an open workout. "It’s very different from normal and it’s definitely the most animosity I’ve had with an opponent heading into a big fight.

Who wins the undisputed crown- Canelo Alvarez or Caleb Plant? Let us know your predictions in the comments section below.

“I’m sticking with my prediction of a knockout before round eight. The first couple of rounds will be difficult, but as the fight progresses, I am going to be able to get him out of there.

“I delivered the message I had to at our press conference. I don’t have to say anything else to Plant. I’m just going to prepare to face him in the ring on November 6.

"I’ve been in the ring for huge fights like this a lot of times. For him, it’s going to be a challenge being in there for a fight of this magnitude for the first time. He’s going to have to control his emotions.

“The secret to me and Eddy’s relationship is our discipline. My mind is so strong and I’m going to use that to my advantage in this fight. I’ve never been involved in anything like what happened at the first press conference between me and Caleb. Whether it sells the fight or not, the most important thing for me is to become undisputed."

Canelo has some stellar names on his resume including the likes of Billy Joe Saunders who he rates as a more difficult fight than his upcoming Plant test.

And the Mexican superstar has refused to rule out taking on YouTube star Jake Paul in the ring further down the line in his ever-successful career.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. "Adjustments." Because Plant is such a dangerous opponent.

Plant's garbage. Canelo could literally show up with a hangover and knock out this nobody.

But then again.... that's what the hype machinery does.

Blow up a nobody into a legitimate opponent.

That way Canelo looks better than what he really is.

They failed miserably in pumping up Yildirim prior to that fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Froch believes he would have beaten Canelo Alvarez had the two ever fought in their prime.

Canelo is aiming to complete is collection of super middleweight belts in Las Vegas on Saturday when he takes on Caleb Plant, and will cement his legacy as undisputed champion and one of the all-time greats of the division. And Froch, himself a former unified super middleweight champion, says he would have “loved” to fight Canelo.

“Me in my prime at about 34, 35-years-old against Canelo Alvarez, I think I would have been too much for him,” Froch told Pro Boxing Fans. “I beat Lucian Bute in that obliteration and I had the rematch with [Mikkel] Kessler and then two [George] Groves fights, which I wasn’t fully motivated for the first Groves fight, but I was for the second. I was a mature, seasoned, professional world champion. I had suffered defeats, come back and won.

“I think that myself, the viewers and the listeners can think what they want, but I back myself in fights. Against smaller people like Arthur Abraham, who was knocking everybody over and everybody was frightened to death of getting in with him, I just totally outboxed him and battered him like he’d never been battered before.

“So, when I look at Canelo Alvarez and I’ve met him and shook his hand before the [Billy Joe] Saunders fight, because we’ve interviewed him on DAZN. I was looking at him and sizing him up and he’s about 5ft 8 and I shook his hand and his hands aren’t very big.

“We didn’t have a pull or a push or anything, it was amicable! But I was looking at him thinking, ‘I’m not so sure you’d get near me and if you did I’m happy to put one into you, because of the size’. But who knows. At the time I would have took the fight, it would have been amazing.”

Canelo has not lost any of his past 15 fights since his only career loss, to Floyd Mayweather in 2013.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Carl Froch believes he would have beaten Canelo Alvarez had the two ever fought in their prime.

Canelo is aiming to complete is collection of super middleweight belts in Las Vegas on Saturday when he takes on Caleb Plant, and will cement his legacy as undisputed champion and one of the all-time greats of the division. And Froch, himself a former unified super middleweight champion, says he would have “loved” to fight Canelo.

“Me in my prime at about 34, 35-years-old against Canelo Alvarez, I think I would have been too much for him,” Froch told Pro Boxing Fans. “I beat Lucian Bute in that obliteration and I had the rematch with [Mikkel] Kessler and then two [George] Groves fights, which I wasn’t fully motivated for the first Groves fight, but I was for the second. I was a mature, seasoned, professional world champion. I had suffered defeats, come back and won.

“I think that myself, the viewers and the listeners can think what they want, but I back myself in fights. Against smaller people like Arthur Abraham, who was knocking everybody over and everybody was frightened to death of getting in with him, I just totally outboxed him and battered him like he’d never been battered before.

“So, when I look at Canelo Alvarez and I’ve met him and shook his hand before the [Billy Joe] Saunders fight, because we’ve interviewed him on DAZN. I was looking at him and sizing him up and he’s about 5ft 8 and I shook his hand and his hands aren’t very big.

“We didn’t have a pull or a push or anything, it was amicable! But I was looking at him thinking, ‘I’m not so sure you’d get near me and if you did I’m happy to put one into you, because of the size’. But who knows. At the time I would have took the fight, it would have been amazing.”

Canelo has not lost any of his past 15 fights since his only career loss, to Floyd Mayweather in 2013.

Froch doing his best to stay relevant. I reckon Canelo would do him though. Calzaghe? That’s a different story. Calzaghe would outpoint Canelo, 2 judges give it to Calzaghe wide, one gives it a draw. Sound familiar?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yes. "Adjustments." Because Plant is such a dangerous opponent.

Plant's garbage. Canelo could literally show up with a hangover and knock out this nobody.

But then again.... that's what the hype machinery does.

Blow up a nobody into a legitimate opponent.

That way Canelo looks better than what he really is.

They failed miserably in pumping up Yildirim prior to that fight.
    Been trying to catch some of the build up but wouldn't say Plant is completely garbage. Dude is legitimately skilled on the backfoot. But he's simply not on Canelos level and I can't get beyond his lack of finishing fire v Truax. He's a belt holder and likes to paint and as ol Teddy would say he watches his work. That's going to get him run over by Canelo in what as said prior just feels like a coronation ceremony for Super Ging sweeping up all the trinkets.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo would have iced carl. if caleb truax was touching sweethands up, then canelo will damage him

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Carl Froch would be too big for Canelo and if he could not knock him out he would simply outbox him from range. If everything was equal with judges and gloves.

Thread Information