Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
not certain at all but even the Mayweather fight was very competitive. YouTube the fight. Mayweather didn't run him out the ring as what ppl think.

Damn... you're on a roll. First you claim EVERYONE on here had said Canelo would lose to Plant, blatantly ignoring the fact that SOME of us had called Plant an overhyped bum of a Canelo opponent since Day One.

NOW, you claim that the Canelo-Mayweather fight was (cough)... "very competitive."

I'd like to smoke what you're smoking.

No. Mayweather didn't run Canelo out of the ring that night. He walked him out politely. It was an embarrassingly one-sided whitewash which perfectly illustrated the point that...

"Just because someone claims to belong in the same ring with the world's p4p at the time, doesn't mean he actually belongs there. That goes double for his legions of fans."

But I did some homework.

I set out to find an article... ANY article... that would list the Canelo fight as one of Floyd's toughest.

I thought maybe this one. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14030...na-logan-paul/

Nope. This one listed... Emanuel Augustus, Jose Luis Castillo I, DLH, Cotto, Maidana. Alas... no Canelo.

Ok, so I thought maybe Bleacher Report. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eathers-career

Let's see... in order... Castillo I, Maidana, Castillo II, DLH, Augustus, Cotto, Judah, Mosley. Nope. No Canelo to be seen here either.

For sure Pundit Arena.

They've got... Castillo I, Maidana, DLH, Cotto, Carlos Hernandez. Damn... no Canelo here either.

Starting to get the picture?

Let's look at punch stats, shall we?

Floyd Mayweather outlanded Canelo in EVERY...... SINGLE...... ROUND. Sometimes by a 2:1 or even 3:1 margin.

Maybe when you say "very competitive", you were looking at it from CJ Ross's vantage point.

It's the only plausible explanation I would be able to come up with.

Let's face it. Canelo was gifted the opportunity to step into the ring with Floyd Mayweather who.... albeit being the smaller man.... handed a HUMILIATING boxing lesson to Canelo... and a reality check to the legions of blind Canelo fans who demanded the fight in the first place.
When I say Mayweather - Canelo was a very competive fight that doesn't mean I think it was a close fight. What I'm saying is that every single round in the Mayweather - Canelo fight was competitive. It's just that Mayweather won those competive rounds

It's bit like when Joshua fought Ruiz in the rematch. That was also very competitive fight but it wasn't a close fight. You never thought "Joshua got this easy" there was always that sense of danger.

Canelo lost to the best fighter in the world (Mayweather) but he didn't lose that badly. Floyd don't ruin fighters. It's not like Canelo was beaten bloody or knocked out or anything like that. In fact Canelo's probably had harder sparring session but he was outboxed.