Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chris Eubank Jr v Anatoli Muratov - 2nd October 2021

Chris Eubank Jr has his sights set on a super-fight against Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in 2022 as he believes the event would fill 'the biggest stadium' in Britain.

The former WBA interim middleweight champion will face German pro boxer Sven Elbir at the SSE Arena in London on October 2.

But the 31-year-old already has one eye on a lucrative blockbuster bout against Canelo Alvarez, 30, if he can find a way past Elbir.

Eubank Jr told Sky Sports: "He's the only one I would move up a weight again to fight and yeah, he is running out of guys to fight.

"Nobody wants to fight him and the guys that do want to fight him, [they] don't actually want to fight him.

"They want to get in the ring and survive and not get knocked out, and get their pay day.

"I don't care about any of that. I want to beat him. I want to fight fire with fire. The fans know that.

"That fight is definitely a fight that can happen, and I think next year, we'll be pushing hard for that."

Eubank Jr (30-2, 22 KOs) is back at home in Brighton to finish off his training camp and couldn't resist a dig at his old rival Billy Joe Saunders.

Saunders, 32, was forced to undergo surgery to repair his broken eye socket after he suffered a beating at the hands of the Mexican earlier this year.

But Eubank Jr remains undeterred.

"I mean who else is there? Beats Saunders, beats Callum Smith, there's nobody else," he added.

"It would fill the biggest stadium."

Eubank Jr admits he has got nothing against Alvarez personally.

In fact, he regards it as strictly business, since he just wants to prove he is the best in the world.

"It's not even a UK thing, it's a world thing," he explained. "Who else in the world does everyone want to see fight Canelo? You've got Caleb Plant but there's all this politics.

"Nobody at middleweight is trying to fight him. Golovkin has fought him twice already.

"People want some new, fresh blood to get in there and test him and that's me."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jr v Sven Elbir - 2nd October 2021

Chris Eubank Jr responds to Billy Joe Saunders' £5m fight demand

Eubank Jr has responded to Saunders fight demand for £5million for the pair to meet again, labelling the middleweight as having no credibility left in the sport and questioning his bargaining power

Chris Eubank Jr has ridiculed Billy Joe Saunders' £5million rematch demand, claiming his rival has lost his credibility.

Saunders was defeated by pound-for-pound king Canelo Alvarez after retiring on the stool as a result of a fractured orbital bone injury in the eighth round when the Mexican unleashed some lethal combinations.

As a result of his defeat, Saunders' future remains uncertain in the sport after revealing that he was considering retirement after losing his undefeated record and world title belt.

But Eubank Jr has responded to Saunders' pay demands for a potential rematch branding him as having "no power and no credibility" in the sport.

"I heard him say he’s demanding £5m,” Eubank Jr told talkSPORT's Fight Night. “The funny thing is he’s not in a position to be demanding anything, he has no belt, he has no credibility in the sport after quitting against Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez after saying he’d die before taking a knee in the ring.

“He has no credibility, he has no power in the sport so he can’t be saying he wants £5m, he’ll get what he’s given. I’m the A-side and once he understands that we can talk.

“It [the rivalry] used to burn inside, now he’s not on my radar. He has nothing – he has no respect, he has no belt.

“He needs me. I’m his only option, he has literally no one else to fight. Whereas I have an untold amount of names and fights that are available to me over the next year or two. Huge, huge fights.

“As long as things are on my terms we can make it happen and I’m sure we will at some point in the future.”

Eubank Jr will make his own ring return as part of BOXXER's new roster of talent that will be broadcast on Sky Sports as they continue their mission in boxing.

But the 31-year-old has questioned the validity of Saunders' eye injury, and has revealed that he is targeting Gennady Golovkin over his domestic rival.

“He lambasted Daniel Dubois after an eye injury, a real eye injury," Eubank Jr continued. "There was nothing wrong with Saunders, he got a black eye but there was no smashed orbital bone, there was no broken eye socket, there was no proof of that – that was all a sham.

“It’s not something that’s super important to me. Obviously he has a win over me so I want to avenge that but I’m not going to go out of my way, I’m not going to break my back to make that fight.

“Golovkin has run out of guys to fight, he’s in a corner, he has to defend his belt and who does everyone want to see him fight? Who’s he going to make the most money with or against? That’s me.

“If push comes to shove, we’ll get the belt and use it but I don’t think it’ll come to that. That is a path to go down, get the belt and then fight GGG after.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...billy-24920408

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Avanesyan: Eddie Hearn said Conor Benn is 'not ready' to fight me yet

David Avanesyan, the dangerous 33-year-old Russian, is the bogeyman of the welterweight division.

Avanesyan (27-3-1, 15 KOs) will make the fourth defence of his European title against Liam Taylor fighting on the undercard of Chris Eubank Jr's bout against Sven Elbir.

Eubank Jr, 31, will make his comeback at Wembley Arena in London on October 2.

Avanesyan will be a part of the supporting act, as he puts his title on the line against mandatory challenger Taylor, following his crushing sixth-round knockout of the previously unbeaten Josh Kelly at the same venue on February 20.

The 33-year-old Avanesyan has had difficulty trying to find opponents willing to fight him in the ring, but he will face a live underdog in the form of Taylor, who is currently on an incredible 13-fight unbeaten streak.

'After this, I want a big fight, and a world title'

"I don't understand why Jordy Weiss didn't take this fight," Avanesyan told GIVEMESPORT.

"Liam Taylor is number three I think for my title.

"My manager told me this French guy doesn't want the fight, your next opponent will be Liam Taylor, I said, 'Okay, I need to fight, it's been five or six months after fighting Kelly.'

"Now my focus is on October 2. I need to win. I have given everything to win this fight.

"After this, I want a big fight, and a world title, understand? I will have fought at European level five times.

"I want a world title in my next fight. I want big names. I believe I will get a big fight soon."

'He's a bit of an avoided man'
    Avanesyan has returned to Newark to finish his training camp after spending some time in his native country of Russia.

"Yeah, I mean obviously it is frustrating because we feel like he should be pushing on now," Avanesyan's trainer Carl Greaves told GIVEMESPORT.

"Obviously he's won the European title, he's defended it three times, so yeah, he's a bit of an avoided man.

"Who is going to want to take on David Avanesyan? He's flying high, he's in the form of his life, he's high risk, probably low reward for some people.

"But the thing we've got to do is we've got to get in that mandatory position.

"I think we're No. 5 across the board in all the world organisations so I think he can't be avoided if he gets to that mandatory position.

"I think the only way to get to a mandatory position is to get a final eliminator for a world title, win that, and then obviously get the world title fight."

Eddie Hearn said he's not ready for David'

Greaves also claimed that Eddie Hearn has told Conor Benn to stay well away from Avanesyan.

He added: "Listen, Conor is a fighting man.

"Well, he talks like he's a fighting man, so I presume he is one, but whether he wants David or not I don't know.

"I know his trainer Tony Sims, he don't want David, I know Eddie Hearn said he's not ready for David, he wanted a couple more fights.

"So that's the reason why we're in this position defending the European title against Liam Taylor.

"Fair play to Liam Taylor, he's stepped up to the plate, shown balls that many other fighters haven't got, so you've got to give him massive respect.

"Like I say, he's a good fighter, he deserves his opportunity.

"Whether he'll be good enough or not, I don't know, David has proven he is above European level, so we'll see."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who the hell is Sven Elbir??

Has Roy Jones jumped ship?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr will now fight Anatoli Muratov on Saturday, live on Sky Sports, after Sven Elbir tested positive for coronavirus.

Britain's middleweight contender returns at The SSE Arena, Wembley on Saturday and victory would keep Eubank Jr on course for a WBA title shot this year.

His new opponent, Muratov, is ranked No 7 by the WBA after winning 24 of his 27 bouts, racking up 17 knockouts in that time and losing only twice.

Eubank Jr says he is more fired up than ever to fulfil his world title ambitions after seeing his friend Anthony Joshua lose his belts in Saturday's unanimous points defeat to Oleksandr Usyk.

"Absolutely, I'm fired up," said Eubank Jr, who joined the Sky Sports team at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

"Obviously Anthony Joshua is a friend of mine. I'm a little deflated that he lost, but it's part of the game. We've all been there.

"If anything, this makes me want to fight even harder. I know the feelings he's going through now.

"The first thing you want to do is get back in the ring and win. We're going to put on a hell of a show."

Eubank Jr produced a dominant points win over Marcus Morrison, in his first fight with new trainer Roy Jones Jr in May.

The 32-year-old says he resisted the desire to seek an early stoppage, but plans to unleash his ruthless instincts this weekend.

"I can be whatever I want to be," Eubank Jr told Sky Sports. "It all depends on what I'm trying to achieve on the given night.

"On that given night, I wanted to achieve 10 rounds. I wanted to experience what it was like to have Roy Jones in my corner, and to listen to his instructions, and to shake off some of that ring rust.

"I had been out of the ring for a long, long time.

"Could I have stopped the fight earlier? Yes, but that wasn't my goal.

"That's not how it's always going to be. Fighters need to understand that was a freak occurrence. Most of the time, if I see an opportunity, I'm going to take it. You're going to go.

"On that occasion, it wasn't the case, but in my next performance I will be looking for the stoppage early."

Chris Eubank Jr returns on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like how the first article made it very clear that Elbir, is a pro boxer. Just to avoid any confusion.

Eubank is still banging the next gen drum ain't he? OK he literally is the next gen Eubank But I have issues with a 32 year old calling him self next gen. He should go full Prince and call himself the artists formerly known as next gen.

I can't lie. Back in the day I was quite excited about Eubank Junior. Great chin, great engine. I thought he'd be murder for anyone. Pretty sure I said he'd have the beating of GGG

It's not really panned out as expected. Some OK wins. fluffed his lines a bit in the BJS fight. That was winnable but he pretty much handed the first half of the fight to Saunders. Groves was still a bit too much. I think he hurt Eubank early and put him firmly in his box.

It feels like it's 2016, or 17, or 18..... with him still chirping Canelo and GGG's names.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr has revealed that Roy Jones Jr has been staying with him in the UK as he prepares for his fight this weekend.

The 30-2 fighter takes on Anatoli Muratov this weekend after his original opponent had to withdraw after testing positive for coronavirus

Eubank Jr has been working with the legendary boxer for the last 18 months, and spent more than a year living with him during the coronavirus pandemic.

Jones Jr has been living in Brighton with the 32-year-old in preparation for this fight.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Eubank said: “We’re here together in London now. We’ve been together in the last two weeks, he’s been staying at my house in Brighton.

“The knowledge, guidance, advice and the training he has put me through and given me has been priceless.

“It’s a blessing I met him. I met him a year and a half ago now and I’ve been with him ever since and I’ve learnt a lot.”

Jones Jr held multiple world titles in four weight classes and finished his professional career 66-9.

Most recently, he came out of retirement for an exhibition fight with Mike Tyson, which was declared a draw after eight rounds.

Eubank Jr explained that he is learning a lot from his coach, but is not trying to imitate him.

He said: “I’m learning. I’m learning from a new coach and he’s a legend. I’m taking in as much as I can and absorbing as much information and information as I can. I’m using it and trying to use it.

“I’m not trying to imitate, I’m not trying to be someone I’m not. When you do that, you’re going to get found out and you’re going to get hurt. You have to do what comes naturally to you.

“The things Roy is teaching me does come naturally to me, we have that same athletic ability and I’m implementing the things he’s telling me to do.

“I feel like everything he has showed me and taught me has been beneficial.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...ris-eubank-jr/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Roy Jones reinvented Eubank Jr?

Chris Eubank Jr has promised to show new skills taught by the legendary Roy Jones Jr as his pursuit of Gennadiy Golovkin gathers pace.

Eubank Jr returns to action against Anatoli Muratov at The SSE Arena, Wembley on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.

His ultimate aim is a world title fight and a clash with veteran puncher Golovkin, but Eubank Jr believes he has a deeper arsenal of weapons to display.

He said about his trainer Jones Jr, the all-time boxing great who he was put into contact with via his father: "Me and Roy work great together. I am learning every day, even at the age of 31.

"You saw a little taster of things to come in my fight with Marcus Morrison.

"But there is a lot more.

"As each fight comes you will see more improvements, more things that you haven't seen from me in the past.

"I didn't know what to expect when I first showed up at his farm. I thought I'd hit the bag for five rounds, shadow-box, skip, see you tomorrow!

"Someone like Roy, a legend, I didn't think he would give me his time.

"I was completely wrong. He was onto me 100 per cent from the moment I walked in. I was amazed.

"I knew after the first day: 'This is the guy I need to spend time with'.

"I've never had that. For most of my career I was left to my own devices. I am responsible and dedicated so I was able to make that work.

"Some guys need constant reminders. I never needed that, I would do it regardless.

"But having someone there to mesh everything together in the right way has been amazing.

"Everything has worked out way better than expected."

Eubank Jr courted criticism in his early career for never committing to a specific trainer, and preferring to be responsible for his own preparations with his father at close-quarters.

But the fight against Muratov will be his second with Jones Jr in his corner, a relationship which has now lasted 18 months.

The goal is to challenge Golovkin - the feted knockout puncher who holds the IBF title.

Eubank Jr said about Golovkin: "The fact that he is a world champion and, in the middleweight division, is the biggest name.

"That fight could have been made years back but didn't happen.

"We now have the opportunity to get the fight made.

"We will get it done within the next six months.

"Styles make fights, it couldn't be anything other than epic.

"I throw non-stop punches and he doesn't fight going backwards. Those styles clashing? What more do you want!

"You see guys in fights just trying to survive. Me and him would get straight into it."

He said about his return: "These are my last few years to make these fights happen.

"There are a lot of big names out there."

Watch Chris Eubank Jr vs Anatoli Muratov on Saturday, from 7pm on Sky Sports.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jr v Anatoli Muratov - 2nd October 2021

Muratov is ranked 7 by the WBA and has 2 loses out of about 22 fights (both by KO) and has an ok KO rate himself but he's mostly fought unknowns in Europe.

Does fuck all for me this fight if i'm honest and Eubank should be fighting way better opposition than Sven Elbir or Muratov baring in mind he claims he'll be fighting the likes of GGG/Canelo next.

The one to watch on this card is Avanesyan v Taylor for the European title which should be a belter!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When's Eubank actually going to do something ??

I feel like we're always waiting for his career to go somewhere and he seems to have been around years
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves' verdict: Is Eubank Jr world class?

The fearsome Gennadiy Golovkin is among Chris Eubank Jr's rivals, but the British contender is still capable of conquering a world champion, says George Groves.

Eubank Jr was defeated by Groves in their world title fight in 2018, but the 31-year-old contender can stay on course to challenge a middleweight champion if he overcomes Anatoli Muratov on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports.

Golovkin is an intimidating title holder in a fiercely-contested division, but Groves says Eubank Jr has the ideal trainer in Roy Jones Jr and the right qualities to succeed at the highest level.

"Eubank is going to campaign at middleweight, where you've got Jermall Charlo, Erislandy Lara, Demetrius Andrade, Ryota Murata and Gennadiy Golovkin," said the Sky Sports expert.

"On his day, he can give all of them a run for their money. Andrade is a very skilful fighter, but Eubank is physically strong and if gets the right tactics, he can impose himself.

"Golovkin is one of the best middleweights of all time, but Eubank might be catching him at the right time?

"Charlo is a class act, but still yet to become No 1 as such.

"I think there's an opportunity there for Eubank Jr, if he gets it right. He's got a lot of world class attributes, it's just getting them together and getting the game-plan right."

Groves hopes that Eubank Jr will display refined skills, along with his relentless aggression, after training with boxing legend Jones Jr.

"Eubank has got a world-class engine, fantastic stamina and endurance," Groves told Sky Sports.

"He's got good strength, good punch power, and good hand speed. Lots of great fundamentals to work with.

"He punches neat and correct, Eubank, but maybe could add a bit of variety. An improvement could be the set-up to an exchange. Working off the jab and being able to create angles and punch off it.

"When you go to a coach like Jones, he has the first-hand experience to say, 'This is how I dealt with this fighter, these are the shots that I would look to get off.'

"Everyone has got to respect Roy Jones for his achievements."

After claiming a world title at the fourth attempt, Groves says he never lost faith in his own ability, and believes Eubank Jr will have a similar mindset.

"Eubank Jr can definitely win a world title. He backs himself and he's got the desire.

"I don't think Eubank Jr will be satisfied, if he doesn't finish his career without one of the four major world titles and I definitely think he's got a chance.

"As long as you've got unwavering self-belief, which I think he might have as well, and some real tough resilience, then your time will come.

"I'm sure it won't take him four attempts like me. I wish him well."

George Groves joins Carl Froch on Sky Sports team as Chris Eubank Jr returns on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    When's Eubank actually going to do something ??

I feel like we're always waiting for his career to go somewhere and he seems to have been around years

He claims he has a "Massive Fight" pencilled in for December

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr will no longer headline at Wembley Arena on Saturday night after his fight with Anatoli Muratov was cancelled.

The fight was called off at the eleventh hour after the British Boxing Board of Control raised concerns about Muratov’s pre-fight medicals.

However, with a stacked undercard, talkSPORT will still bring you live commentary of the event, with David Avanesyan’s European welterweight title fight against Liam Taylor now topping the bill.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...anelo-alvarez/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Riakporhe wins his fight which was good for him as he has not fought in ages.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brown was the only one trying, Le Doux was just happy to go the distance.

Thread Information