Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Valdez vs Robson Conceicao

After I'm not sure how many rounds it was 119 punches landed by the Brazilian to 65 by Valdez. Valdez getting quite marked up, cut under his left eye.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valdez lands a significant rabbit runch in the eleventh and the ref wags a finger. No point deduction there. If this was in Brazil he'd lose on the cards.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everything about this fight oozes favoritism including prior to the opening bell. Conceicao looked like a sharp top operator for first half but Valdez even a step behind stronger down the stretch. Not a pretty scrap

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valdez gets a UD. By a couple of rounds on two cards and wider on the third. Cheaters sometimes prosper eh.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Valdez gets a UD. By a couple of rounds on two cards and wider on the third. Cheaters sometimes prosper eh.
    Bit bizarro world listening to these Top rank fluffers run on about Oscars 'hurdles and obstacles he had to overcome'

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Bit bizarro world listening to these Top rank fluffers run on about Oscars 'hurdles and obstacles he had to overcome'

And Valdez crying about all the stuff he had to go through this week. Herbal tea motherfucker.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the herbal tea did no favors. robson robbed
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the WBC have basically OK'd every fighter who fights for one of their titles to take a performance enhancing drug throughout their training camp. Jesus.

And this is the same team that train Alvarez and had the meat problem right? Unreal. Hopefully the fucker gets splattered tonight.

Yep.... and y-y-y-yep.

MMA is looking better and better to me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at least he has been honest. He needs to be suspended, put on some training course and slowly brought back into the game again once he has shown his competency.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Well at least he has been honest. He needs to be suspended, put on some training course and slowly brought back into the game again once he has shown his competency.

They can't start doing that with boxing judges. Once you start where do you stop? There are worse cards handed in by judges every single week than that one.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

They can't start doing that with boxing judges. Once you start where do you stop? There are worse cards handed in by judges every single week than that one.
    Yes I agree I was being facetious.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WORLD BOXING COUNCIL JUDGE PREFERS TV SCORING TO RINGSIDE AFTER BAD CARD

Blea cited many factors in his view, pointing all of his worries out in a lengthy open letter.

It comes after Blea scored the Oscar Valdez vs. Robson Conceicao clash 117-110 to the champion.

He began: “My name is Stephen Blea, and this is an open letter that I have decided to write regarding my scoring from last Friday night in the Valdez vs. Conceicao fight in Tucson, Arizona, on 10 Sept. 21.

“I have been involved in boxing as a ring official both in the amateur and professional fields for more than 30 years. And I have officiated over 60 championship title fights as a judge and referee in several countries of the world. They include Japan, Thailand, Korea, China, Russia, Mexico, and the USA.

Also, I have Judged over 200 fights and Refereed over 500 Pro fights, with no controversy.

“I have watched the fight and thoroughly analyzed it. The 117-110 score is not accurate. It does not represent the actions in the ring, and I feel I have let down my federation, the NABF, my organization, The WBC, and most importantly, our sport and the fighters inside the ring.

“I want to share my thoughts publicly on the specific conclusions I have reached on important topics regarding judging in boxing:

“Close rounds – There were a few very close rounds in this fight. I made two mistakes, 1) not to score 10-10 in 2 rounds, I felt there was not a clear winner, 2) scoring those to the champion, and the benefit in the close actions.

“Crowd noise influence – It was a loud crowd in favor of Valdez. During the first rounds of the fight, some actions took place in a corner where I had limited view. I couldn’t see some punches land by Conceicao. There was no crowd reaction, contrary to when Valdez landed.

“I was also dealing with photographers and camera operators all cramped up. This was due to the location of the Champion Valdez in the red corner to the left of me. (I was between the photographers on the left of me and the camera crew to the right, who sometimes bumped me. They blocked and even stepped on my hands while going across the ring apron towards the Champs corner ).

“Considering these distractions, I honestly thought I would be able to do my Job 100%, no excuses.

“Getting Stuck on one fighter – I awarded three out of the first four rounds to Valdez. This is a combination of the above points I have outlined.

“I have scored the bout on tv and have a 115-112 or even a 114-113 score in favor of Valdez.

“I have decided to reach out to my NABF / WBC ring officials committee to undergo a thorough training and review program. But I will not accept any championship assignments until I complete this process.

“I am an honorable man with profound love, knowledge, and respect for the sport. I’m sorry for having a bad night and having brought unnecessary controversy to such a sensational fight.

– Stephen Blea.

Furthermore, Blea’s narrative fits that of the World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman, who has been called for noise-canceling headphones for some time now.

Sulaiman is also a champion of scoring bouts outside of the venue to gain a clearer perspective.

Could this become the future?

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2021...ge-tv-scoring/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. This guy (Blea) went all out. If only other refs owned up to their shitty decisions and even suggested more training and/or changes to the way judges are located... the sport would be a bit better off than it is now. It takes gumption to come out and say all the things Blea said.

Just like I'm not a fan of watching live fights at ringside... it doesn't seem that's the best location for judges, either. You're looking up into the ring... and your vision can be impaired by any number of factors. Blea explained it very well. Some may think he's making excuses... but he clearly blames himself for a job badly done. He's just naming some factors that could be changed in the future to make for better judging. Heaven knows boxing needs better judging like.... YESTERDAY.

I don't like the Sulaiman Mafia, nor do I believe any of the alphabet orgs are as blatantly bad as the WBC. But if Sulaiman is on board with improving the vantage points of boxing refs... that's a point in his favor.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit weird seeing a judge throw himself on the sword when all the initial uproar was about the WbC sanctioning and allowing it to happen in the first place after Valdez popped. It's like the soft landing Bradley mentioned. Not going all tin-foil hat but there have been a Stateside run of these type of cards..two close scores and one some absurd 117-111 or 118-110. It becomes almost the 'hey quick look over there' card and focus. Put the judges in sound proof slightly elevated chambers, hey it worked for the Dating game and circus dunk-tanks.

Thread Information