Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Valdez vs Robson Conceicao

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Bit weird seeing a judge throw himself on the sword when all the initial uproar was about the WbC sanctioning and allowing it to happen in the first place after Valdez popped. It's like the soft landing Bradley mentioned. Not going all tin-foil hat but there have been a Stateside run of these type of cards..two close scores and one some absurd 117-111 or 118-110. It becomes almost the 'hey quick look over there' card and focus. Put the judges in sound proof slightly elevated chambers, hey it worked for the Dating game and circus dunk-tanks.

Why... you devious, sneaky dog... you.

Hadn't thought about that particular spin... good job.

Yeah, sort of a "diversion tactic", if you will. Take the attention off the real issue, in a brilliantly arranged sequence of events.

(By the way, I'm not being facetious here. I honestly think you've made a very good, feasible point. How else to explain the odd Harakiri performed by the judge.)

Whatever the case might be, I wouldn't put anything past the WBC.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Bit weird seeing a judge throw himself on the sword when all the initial uproar was about the WbC sanctioning and allowing it to happen in the first place after Valdez popped. It's like the soft landing Bradley mentioned. Not going all tin-foil hat but there have been a Stateside run of these type of cards..two close scores and one some absurd 117-111 or 118-110. It becomes almost the 'hey quick look over there' card and focus. Put the judges in sound proof slightly elevated chambers, hey it worked for the Dating game and circus dunk-tanks.

Yeah, sort of a "diversion tactic", if you will. Take the attention off the real issue, in a brilliantly arranged sequence of events.

(By the way, I'm not being facetious here. I honestly think you've made a very good, feasible point. How else to explain the odd Harakiri performed by the judge.)

Guess sport can be rife with cynicism when it comes to transparency and the sanctioning bodies. The W.e B.e C.omplicit talks from both side of it's mouth. So he stands tall and goes after the Promoter and the seating arrangements . But only after the fact. Maybe -key- officials should visit the arena similar to camps and fighters to see the layout prior to the bell. Or maybe once there speak up before judging through blind angles and 'obscured corners'. Hey I'm saying he's not sincere and respect the fact that he asks for retraining and no more assignments until such time but it just smells a bit. And to say he watched it on TV and commentary and then had it much closer..huh?! Every time I hear someone rescore a 'controversial' fight what's the first thing they say..I watched it muted as to not be influenced. Certainly wonder what Sulaiman has to say about his appointed official being in a compromised situation, but not a peep. Served his purpose and saves the chatter that the wbc and El Heffe approved and allowed a twice positive for banned substance star to compete and fill their pockets.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Guess sport can be rife with cynicism when it comes to transparency and the sanctioning bodies. The W.e B.e C.omplicit talks from both side of it's mouth. So he stands tall and goes after the Promoter and the seating arrangements . But only after the fact. Maybe -key- officials should visit the arena similar to camps and fighters to see the layout prior to the bell. Or maybe once there speak up before judging through blind angles and 'obscured corners'. Hey I'm saying he's not sincere and respect the fact that he asks for retraining and no more assignments until such time but it just smells a bit. And to say he watched it on TV and commentary and then had it much closer..huh?! Every time I hear someone rescore a 'controversial' fight what's the first thing they say..I watched it muted as to not be influenced. Certainly wonder what Sulaiman has to say about his appointed official being in a compromised situation, but not a peep. Served his purpose and saves the chatter that the wbc and El Heffe approved and allowed a twice positive for banned substance star to compete and fill their pockets.

Our cynical minds, sharpened by too many shenanigans around boxing orgs, could easily see the judge as a sacrificial lamb for the "greater good." A behind-the-scenes "attaboy" pat on the back... and Mission Accomplished. Attention diverted.
    It's too bad the sport we love so much is wrapped up in so much lack of credibility. Hence my long-standing opinion that we're just a bunch of masochists.

Thread Information