Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default SAM EGGINGTON VS BILEL JKITOU 10/9/21 Channel 5

Sam Eggington will square off against Bilel Jkitou on Friday 10th September 2021 at Skydome in West Midlands.

The fight will take place over 12 rounds in the Middleweight division, which means the weight limit will be 160 pounds (11.4 stone or 72.6 KG).

The undercard is set to feature the clash of Pitters vs Daku.

Sam Eggington steps into the ring with a record of 30 wins, 7 loses and 0 draws, 18 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Bilel Jkitou will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 15 wins and 0 draws, with 6 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Eggington has advantage in power over Jkitou, with a 60% knock out percentage over Jkitou's 40%.

Sam Eggington is the older man by 27 years, at 27 years old.

Both Sam Eggington & Bilel Jkitou fight out of an orthodox stance.

Eggington is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 22 more fights, and made his debut in 2012, 2 years and 4 months earlier than Jkitou, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 129 more professional rounds, 211 to Jkitou's 82.

Sam Eggington goes into the fight ranked number 15 by the WBC at middleweight.

Eggington has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he won against Carlos Molina on 22nd May 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Skydome, West Midlands, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had won against Ashley Theophane on 11th December 2020 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Fly By Nite Rehearsal Studios, Worcestershire.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Ted Cheeseman on 1st August 2020 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Matchroom Fight Camp, Essex.

Before that, he had beat Orlando Fiordigiglio on 19th September 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Tuscany Hall, Toscana, Italy.

He had lost to Liam Smith on 30th March 2019 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom.

Eggington's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 37 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.4 rounds on average.

The fighters are expected to ring walk at around 10:00 PM BST at Skydome, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SAM EGGINGTON VS BILEL JKITOU 10/9/21 Channel 5

Sam Eggington sets out his terms for showdown with rival Chris Eubank Junior

Sam Eggington insists he won’t sell himself short to land a showdown with Chris Eubank Junior.

Eggington defends his WBC Silver middleweight title on Friday night against Bilel Jkitou in Coventry’s Skydome arena and he was offered the chance to face Eubank instead.

He rejected it because he felt the purse was too low and says he won’t undersell himself.

“The Eubank fight was offered to me, there just wasn’t enough money there,” he said.

“It was not long after my last fight. They offered us a purse, we asked for a bit more and they didn’t even come back, so they must have had someone else lined up who was cheaper.

“He’s a big middleweight, super-middle sometimes, and I just wanted the money to be worth the fight, but they didn’t come back to us.

“If they had offered fair money, would I have taken the fight? One hundred per cent. It just didn’t happen.

“I’m not going to undersell myself for anything. Boxing is hard enough as it is.

“I don’t see why the fight can’t happen. It’s not a fight I would turn down given the right offer, I’d take him on.”

Eggington, 27, is coming off the back of wins over Ashley Theophane and Carlos Molina and is keen to add the unbeaten Jkitou to his list of scalps and continue his push for a world title shot.

Jkitou is supported by Real Madrid star Karin Benzema after the pair became friends on social media, but Eggington is unimpressed.

“It means nothing to me,” said the Stourbridge fighter.

“He’s unbeaten at the moment, that’s dangerous enough for me. Who he’s fought, I don’t think he’s fought a crazy level of opponent, but we’ll find out. These are the sort of things I get up for.

“He could be solid or he might not be, we’ll find out.

“You just want the ‘w’. I do want to make a statement, this kid is unbeaten and I need to show people he wasn’t good enough.

“I’m on a bit of a wave at the minute, I’ve picked up a few good wins and I’m just hungry to keep that going.”

Eggington v Jkitou is live on Friday on Channel 5 from 10pm.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sam Eggington warns Bilel Jkitou that his Abel Xavier-inspired bleached blonde hair will not cut it in headline fight

SAM EGGINGTON has warned Bilel Jkitou that his Abel Xavier bleached barnet won’t cut it tonight.

Birmingham’s 27-year-old takes on the Frenchman with the tinted hair in Coventry, in a bid to edge his way closer to a WBC world title shot.

The Brit banger does not know much about the 15-0 visitor apart from he has a shocking resemblance to the former Everton, Liverpool and Middlesbrough defender.

“I honestly know very little about him,” the Egg said. “He’s unbeaten, works the body shots, he has got funny hair! That’s it.

“I seldom watch even my own fights back but I’ve good coaches who take care of that part. He’s certainly not fought anyone at the level I’ve operated at.

“The Skydome was a decent venue with just half a crowd in May. At full capacity, it’ll be some atmosphere.

“I need to win well, look comfortable to improve my ranking. Win, lose or draw, I never disappoint.”

Eggington turned down a middleweight bout with Chris Eubank Jr due to the money on offer to face Jkitou instead.

The heavy-handed Brummie is loved by fans for his all-action bravery, starring in wars with Bradley Skeete, Frankie Gavin, Paulie Malignaggi and Liam Smith.

But the veteran is now too wise to take unwinnable fights above his weight class, just for a payday, when he is edging toward a title shot.

“It’s a double-edged sword,” Eggington said. “The fans love that I’ll face anyone but now I have to get clever.

“I’ve never had a pathway before. My best chance of success would still probably be down at 154lbs because the biggest middleweights are seriously big lads.

“The Eubank fight was offered to me but there just wasn’t enough money there.

“They offered us a purse, we asked for a bit more and they didn’t even come back, so they must have had someone else lined up who was cheaper.

“He’s a big middleweight, super-middle sometimes, and I just wanted the money to be worth the fight, but they didn’t come back to us.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16096...-fight-boxing/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McKenna v Gary on now and they are having a wild war with McKenna landing the better shots. No way this is going the distance if they keep this pace up.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gary lost the first 3 rounds but did win the 4th as McKenna slowed down and got hit a lot.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McKenna gets the decision but he is wild and throws over 100 punches a round. Once he settles down on his punches he will be a better boxer.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stephen McKenna has challenged Conor Benn who he said is wild and missed a lot last week.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jkitou keeping a high guard and tight defence in the 1st round but Eggington landed the better volume of punches to win the round.

1 nil Eggington

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both standing toe to toe in the 2nd round and a close round which I give to Eggington because of the more eye catching punches.

2 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eggington moving and boxing in 3rd round to win it. Jkitou has a dangerous left hook to the body but is waiting too long to get his shots off.

3 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eggington wins an exciting 4th round but got hurt with a left hook. He needs to use his jab and move.

4 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eggington wins the 5th round even when he is on the ropes because he is throwing more and landing the better shots.

5 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sam is boxing and winning round 6 with ease.

6 nil commentators have it 4-2 to Sam.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sam Eggington eye is bruised up and tough round but wins it on higher work rate and volume.

7 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eggington hurt with a left hook at the start of the 8th round but he fights back aggressively like Gatti.

7-1

Thread Information