Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

How can you not like this guy?

Plot his path into the 147 division and his next x3 opponents after his first defence in Scotland.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

Would really like to see Tank in with him.

I was on the fence until this year- his win over Ramirez was legit.
    All the other fights-except Prograis, he did what he was supposed to. Quite a few of his fights- guys were stopped while standing & coherent. Much like many of Calzaghe's early fights with dudes like Byron Mitchell - or fights stopped a bit too soon for me.

Nevertheless he has speed, nice footwork and flashy combos. Gives it upstairs & mixes it downstairs to the body.

Back to Ramirez -IMO he proved he is a thinking fighter as he clinched almost everytime Ramirez landing nice on him. Those middle rounds I had Ramirez winning until the 6th? That KD followed up with another one showed he could adapt & took control rounds 6-10.

The championship rounds I like how Ramirez stood his ground in the center of the ring -even finished the fight by pushing Josh back.

I think he does a fine job at this division, but he can't just clinch his way out of a scenario at 147. All those dudes can bang & think! I say he gets his ass whooped between 2023-2025 depending on how many big fights he can secure.

@147 would like to see him against Ennis, Ortiz Jr. or Ugas. Really cracking fights!

At this stage I think Pac, Spence, Crawford all of them can make him look ordinary. Because- he is only 18 fights old or 6 years pro. He can learn a lot -depending on who he gets in the next 2 years. Pick wrong and he will be an after thought by 2025.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 09-12-2021 at 06:19 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Best Scottish fighter ever, even better than Ken Buchanan, would love him to beat the loud mouth Teo Lopez or Tank to become a huge star then move up to welterweight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow even better than Buchannon in such a short time as a pro. Surely Scottish fighters have earned the right to say- not so fast. Not even McGowan? He can only hope he lasts as long as Burns. Great start off to his career thus far.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor: Scot 'belongs' in Terence Crawford super-fight, says Carl Froch

Josh Taylor "belongs" in a super-fight with Terence Crawford after dominating the light-welterweight division, says former world champion Carl Froch.

The Scot is eyeing a step up to face welterweight Crawford after a mandatory defence against Jack Catterall in Glasgow on 18 December.

Taylor's unanimous points win over Jose Ramirez in May made him the first British four-belt undisputed champion.

"Crawford is a special talent, a big puncher," said Froch.

"Josh certainly deserves to be in there with someone like Crawford, but that's a name that is right at the top of my pound-for-pound rankings.

"I don't want to say he beats him, but he belongs in there with him."

Both fighters boast a perfect record, with 33-year-old American Crawford a three-weight world champion and the current holder of the WBO welterweight title. Twenty eight of his 37 wins came via knockout.

"If I had to pick who would win that fight, I'd have to be honest and say Crawford," added Froch.

"But there's no reason Josh Taylor can't beat him. In boxing if you're not firing on all cylinders and don't put in 100% performance, anything can happen."

Having trained with Taylor towards the end of his own professional career, former super-middleweight Froch is not surprised by the 30-year-old's rise to dominance.

"I knew then he was a special talent," he said. "To go on and become undisputed king at his weight, what a fantastic career he's had so far and he still has lots to do. I think he'll dominate for quite a while.

"He still has work to do as there's some good fighters coming through and others in the division above him where he might be headed, but for now he's undisputed king and we need to appreciate him while he's there because it doesn't happen often."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/58505204

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he needs to rematch regis
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Why go back? He has some potentially big fights ahead of him and should be looking forward for new challenges.

Let Regis earn the rematch.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plenty of work to do at 140 and another case of all respect but slow the roll . I'd like Prograis rematch but really just as a Regis fan. But also what has Rougarou done in 2 years? The triller circus did him no favors in keeping pace with Taylor but hey I'd watch the rematch. It can't be ignored the Tank Davis is basically barging into Taylors huge new home and sleeping on his couch and putting his feet on the coffee table too. Taylor has the momentum, great shifter up close with both hands and has some scalps but 147 still has a boiling bloodline of potential live sharks just waiting for the blockage to pass. He runs with all top tier 140-147 but Crawford specifically would be size above and just might square him up badly as it would go imo. Josh whatever way we look at it does have all the options and well earned! It's going to be a fans pleasure watching them play out in that talent.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why go back? He has some potentially big fights ahead of him and should be looking forward for new challenges.

regis is not a going backwards fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, it’s not a backwards fight. But it’s a “Been there, done that, move on “ fight. And with the amount of possible opponents he’s got, he doesn’t need rematches.
    Prograis is a very good fighter, he needs to make his own path and if they meet each other down the line, fine. But he doesn’t NEED to fight Prograis.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

No, it’s not a backwards fight. But it’s a “Been there, done that, move on “ fight. And with the amount of possible opponents he’s got, he doesn’t need rematches.
    Prograis is a very good fighter, he needs to make his own path and if they meet each other down the line, fine. But he doesn’t NEED to fight Prograis.
    he needs to rematch regis. that would be the first fight i'd plot after jack

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be happy either way with this. It's not like it would be an immediate rematch. They would be separated by a couple of years and several fights.
    But a rematch pretty soon isn't such a bad idea. Who knows... this could turn out to be one of those famous trilogies.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prograis NEEDS Taylor. Taylor doesn’t NEED Prograis. If you were Josh Taylor, would you chase Prograis or Terence Crawford?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prograis NEEDS Taylor. Taylor doesn’t NEED Prograis. If you were Josh Taylor, would you chase Prograis or Terence Crawford?
    if i was josh i would rematch regis next in america

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if i was josh i would rematch regis next in america
    Why?

Thread Information