Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dillian Whyte v Otto Wallin - 30/10/21 - London O2 Arena - DAZN

Like this fight, Wallin should be a tough test for Whyte

He's beaten Kauffman (ko in 5) and Breazeale soundly since giving Fury a hard fight a few years ago, big fella at 6ft 5 so i expect him to seriously test Dillian.

Potential banana skin for Whyte?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Otto Wallin - 30/10/21 - London O2 Arena - DAZN

I wouldn't be surprised if Whyte comes a cropper here. I won't knock what Dillian has done whilst he waits in line but all those good solid fights are going to take a toll if they haven't already.

Interesting bit of news. Hot on the heels of being up in arms over the Holyfield Triller nonsense. Eddie, the voice of reason. You know one of the 'proper' people in boxing who would never be involved in something like that. Has dragged Lucas fucking Browne out of moth balls to get smashed to bits by Alen Babic. Browne last fought in April. He got stopped in a round by a 40 year old rugby player. It might not be as strong, but it's the same fucking bitter taste as the Triller crap.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Whyte comes a cropper here. I won't knock what Dillian has done whilst he waits in line but all those good solid fights are going to take a toll if they haven't already.

Interesting bit of news. Hot on the heels of being up in arms over the Holyfield Triller nonsense. Eddie, the voice of reason. You know one of the 'proper' people in boxing who would never be involved in something like that. Has dragged Lucas fucking Browne out of moth balls to get smashed to bits by Alen Babic. Browne last fought in April. He got stopped in a round by a 40 year old rugby player. It might not be as strong, but it's the same fucking bitter taste as the Triller crap.

Read this last night, Browne will be banged out and face down in the first round.
    Hearn should have stuck Babic in with Dave Allen.
    This'll be over in round 2 at the latest.

Hearn is starting to serve up some seriously dogshit undercards on these big shows.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree Wallin gives Whyte murders and my reaction to Babic-Browne was - that's some sick shit. I wonder what Brownes purse is? £25-50k to get spanked in a round?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

won't be easy
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte urged to skip "tough" Otto Wallin fight to face Tyson Fury next

Frank Warren has called for Dillian Whyte to skip his upcoming fight with Otto Wallin to secure a shot at Tyson Fury.

The 'Body Snatcher' has been declared as the mandatory challenger for Fury who retained his heavyweight world title with victory over Deontay Wilder.

But Whyte must first negotiate a difficult test against rugged Swede Otto Wallin later this month on home soil.

And Fury's promoter Warren has told the 33-year-old to avoid the challenge, and prepare to meet the 'Gypsy King' instead.

Well, that’s a tough fight,” Warren said. “I mean, if I was him, I wouldn’t do the fight. But anyway, the fact is he’s gotta beat Wallin and then we’ll see what the WBC says.

“Oh, it’s a massive fight (Fury vs Whyte), yeah, absolutely, but any fight for [Fury] now is a massive fight now. You know, he’s shown what he’s made of. I mean, he’s a true, true warrior.

“I’d like him to come back to the UK and fight, but you know obviously we’ll sit down and work it out. It’s too soon to say. Of course the British fans would love him to be back there.”

Whyte's long-awaited world title shot has been allusive, since earning the silver strap against Robert Helenius back in 2017.

But he must now face another dangerous test against an opponent, who caused Fury problems opening up a nasty cut on his eye in their meeting in September 2019.

And if Whyte was to lose the contest at the end of the month, we could see a second showdown between Wallin and Fury.

But the 33-year-old himself has admitted he is struggling to relish an opportunity against Fury, and demands the WBC take further enforcement action.

"Fury has the belt. Wilder had the chance to fight me for three years but didn't," Whyte told Sky Sports News. "Hopefully now the WBC forces my position and Fury has no choice. It's a massive British fight, a major fight for Britain.

Who wins- Dillian Whyte or Otto Wallin? Let us know your fight prediction in the comments section below.

"Fury is an unpredictable man who might say: 'I am done!' "I hope we can make a fight when I get past Wallin. But Fury is a difficult guy to plan. I haven't heard a word from him about making a fight.

"Wallin is a dangerous operator - he pushed Fury all the way. I am looking to fight Fury next if everything goes according to plan.

"I'm always up against it, I'm always in hard fights. I'm used to it. I could pull out of the Wallin fight just to fight Fury but that isn't my mindset. I can't wait around for what Fury is doing.

"My mindset is that I've got nothing to lose. I'm not scared to take risks. They see danger in fighting me. I will risk it all, if need be."

For now, Fury will have some relaxation time with his family in the UK, after partying in Las Vegas to celebrate a historic victory.

And the 'Gypsy King' took a remarkable 240-mile taxi journey home to his beloved Morecambe, where he will reside in his new beachside home.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte set to pull out of Otto Wallin fight after suffering shoulder injury

Dillian Whyte’s heavyweight bout against Otto Wallin is set to be called off at late notice after the Briton reportedly suffered a shoulder injury during his training camp.

Whyte, the mandatory challenger to face Tyson Fury next, had been due to face Wallin on 30 October in London and was set to fly to the capital from Portugal this week.

However, a report in The Sun claimed that Whyte has not travelled and is unable to train due to the injury. It remains to be seen whether the fight will be rescheduled or cancelled outright.

As it stands, Whyte, as the WBC’s interim challenger, could be ordered to face Fury in the first half of 2022 and defeat against Wallin, a valid contender in the division, would throw those plans into disarray.

Whyte has already experienced that fate once before when waiting for a world title shot, having been knocked out by Alexander Povetkin in a stunning upset in 2020 before avenging the defeat in March earlier this year.

Dillian Whyte’s heavyweight bout against Otto Wallin is set to be called off at late notice after the Briton reportedly suffered a shoulder injury during his training camp.

Whyte, the mandatory challenger to face Tyson Fury next, had been due to face Wallin on 30 October in London and was set to fly to the capital from Portugal this week.

However, a report in The Sun claimed that Whyte has not travelled and is unable to train due to the injury. It remains to be seen whether the fight will be rescheduled or cancelled outright.

As it stands, Whyte, as the WBC’s interim challenger, could be ordered to face Fury in the first half of 2022 and defeat against Wallin, a valid contender in the division, would throw those plans into disarray.

Whyte has already experienced that fate once before when waiting for a world title shot, having been knocked out by Alexander Povetkin in a stunning upset in 2020 before avenging the defeat in March earlier this year.

Wallin faced Fury in 2019 and very nearly inflicted a first defeat on the WBC champion, opening a huge cut above Fury’s eye that almost caused the fight to be stopped.

The Swede’s promoter, Dmitriy Salita, told Sky Sports: “It’s very disappointing. If it is an injury, then he should heal, and they should reschedule this event. That would be the fair thing to do.

“It would not be fair to the sport of boxing for Dillian Whyte to have an injury, whatever it is, and as a result of that, to be able to be mandated to fight Fury.

“Otto is ready to go to the UK today. He had a complete training camp and this fight guarantees a lot of attention and it was truly the right eliminator for the fight with Fury.

“The fight has to be rescheduled for a later date and the winner of that fight should fight Tyson Fury. Anything else would be unfair to the sport of boxing, and unfair to Otto Wallin.

“We’re definitely going to petition the WBC to make a decision. That’s what should be decided - the winner of Whyte-Wallin fights Tyson Fury. The WBC will pass what I feel is an important decision, which should set things right.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WAILING WALL Otto Wallin breaks silence on abandoned Dillian Whyte fight as promoter confirms plans to launch WBC petition

OTTO WALLIN and his team will push the WBC to reschedule the Dillian Whyte fight - with the hope of getting a rematch against WBC champ Tyson Fury.

The Swedish boxer has been left devastated after Whyte picked up an injury in training and the WBC interim title fight on October 30 was called off.

That means Whyte is still the mandatory challenger for Fury's iconic green belt that he successfully defended with an 11th-round KO of Deontay Wilder in their trilogy.

But Wallin's promoter Dmitriy Salita wants the fight rescheduled as soon as possible - and will take his case to the WBC if necessary.

Wallin, 30, gave Fury some hairy moments when they fought in 2019. A huge cut opened up on Fury's forehead that required 47 stitches.

But the Gypsy King managed to secure a unanimous points victory in a messy scrap.

Speaking about the Whyte fight cancellation, Salita told Sky Sports: It's very disappointing.

"If it is an injury, then he should heal, and they should reschedule this event. That would be the fair thing to do.

"It would not be fair to the sport of boxing for Dillian Whyte to have an injury, whatever it is, and as a result of that, to be able to be mandated to fight Fury.

"Otto is ready to go to the UK today. He had a complete training camp and this fight guarantees a lot of attention and it was truly the right eliminator for the fight with Fury.

"The fight has to be rescheduled for a later date and the winner of that fight should fight Tyson Fury. Anything else would be unfair to the sport of boxing, and unfair to Otto Wallin.

"We're definitely going to petition the WBC to make a decision.

"That's what should be decided - the winner of Whyte-Wallin fights Tyson Fury.

"The WBC will pass what I feel is an important decision, which should set things right."

SunSports understands Whyte has suffered a shoulder injury in training and is unable to compete.

DAZN and Matchroom are pushing ahead with the rest of the card, with Alen Babic and Eric Molina the new headline attraction.

SunSport understands Babic, 30, offered to step in and fight Wallin but the Swede's camp refused.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16483...tponed-boxing/

Thread Information