Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Usyk vs Fury?

Usyk was fantastic tonight.

If Usyk beats AJ in the rematch..how does he beat Fury?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Usyk vs Fury?

Fury could slip up against Wilder but think Usyk will beat AJ in the rematch.

Fury should beat Usyk everyday of the week with his size and reach.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury all wrong for Usyk
    A Fit Ruiz wrong for Usyk

Plenty of other Heavweights with less mobility for Usyk to contest.

Joshuas pride will invoke a rematch clause, but he'd have to go back to doing something hes afraid to do..... go all out, fight like the bigger man, stick it to Usyk in the chest all night

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Uysk in this one.

The problem I see with Fury winning this handily is that he is NOT a volume puncher. According to CompuBox, Fury last fight against the southpaw Wallin- landed 179 of 651 total punches (27%) while Wallin connected with 127 of 334 total punches (38%) -IMO that is because the style of fight Wallin brought. He forced dude. His southpaw stance I think was responsible for their 2nd head clash. Cutting Fury.

Fury 12 rounds with Wilder: 84 landed vs 71
    Fury 12 round with Wladmir: 86 landed vs 52

The skilled guys or supposedly skilled play into Fury's hands with low punch output.
    That is NOT the case with Usyk.

When guys like Chisora fought Fury- IMO that was a great stylistic matchup for Fury- allowed him to appear as a volume puncher because Chisora sqaures up. Stands in front of his man with a rockem sockem robot style of fight!

Usyk IMO earned himself accoloades against Chisora because IMO Derek leaned on him- mauled him on the inside- showed him what's needed to bite down. Man UP!

I thought Usyk has a decent footwork. Not great. IMO as I am watching the AJ fight now...that makes him look like he has great footwork, whereas with Chisora at one point he did get on his bike LOL! I'm ok with that. If a fighter trys a plan B and it works damn how good it looks. let it work.

Fury will NOT have an immobile boxer in Usyk.
    Fury will NOT have a gassed out fighter in Usyk.
    Fury will HAVE a mobile southpaw that proved tonight? he can also take a punch. So I can't see Fury KOing this guy.

IMO Usyk is all wrong for Fury.
    Fury vs Usyk never comes off. Tyson knows how good this guy is. He doesnt want to chance his last fight or 2 against a former Cruiser.
    I waiger this fight never happens...
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I like Uysk in this one.

The problem I see with Fury winning this handily is that he is NOT a volume puncher. According to CompuBox, Fury last fight against the southpaw Wallin- landed 179 of 651 total punches (27%) while Wallin connected with 127 of 334 total punches (38%) -IMO that is because the style of fight Wallin brought. He forced dude. His southpaw stance I think was responsible for their 2nd head clash. Cutting Fury.

The skilled guys or supposedly skilled play into Fury's hands with low punch output.

When guys like Chisora fought Fury- IMO that was a great stylistic matchup for Fury- allowed him to appear as a volume puncher because Chisora sqaures up. Stands in front of his man with a rockem sockem robot style of fight!

Usyk IMO earned himself accoloades against Chisora because IMO Derek leaned on him- mauled him on the inside- showed him what's needed to bite down. Man UP!

I thought Usyk has a decent footwork. Not great. IMO as I am watching the AJ fight now...that makes him look like he has great footwork, whereas with Chisora at one point he did get on his bike LOL! I'm ok with that. If a fighter trys a plan B and it works damn how good it looks. let it work.

Fury will HAVE a mobile southpaw that proved tonight? he can also take a punch. So I can't see Fury KOing this guy.

Fury vs Usyk never comes off. Tyson knows how good this guy is. He doesnt want to chance his last fight or 2 against a former Cruiser.
    Fury is massive though and he uses his height and size well, he's very good at roughing guys up, something which Joshua didn't seem to bothered to try, he only clinched and leaned a few times... I thibk fury will definently drain usyk a lot more than Joshua managed, usyk looked great here and he's clearly pretty tough and smart so you could be right but i'd favour fury to win via size.... Just like I favoured Joshua

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I like Uysk in this one.

Fury is massive though and he uses his height and size well, he's very good at roughing guys up, something which Joshua didn't seem to bothered to try, he only clinched and leaned a few times... I thibk fury will definently drain usyk a lot more than Joshua managed, usyk looked great here and he's clearly pretty tough and smart so you could be right but i'd favour fury to win via size.... Just like I favoured Joshua
    If Chisora leaning on Usyk drained him- caused a 2nd gameplan, then you caught me with a nice counter!! Yeah, Fury would FOR SURE lean on him, wear him out.

IF Usyk isn't using lateral movement. Again that is why I brought up Chisora...I think he learned what that shit felt like!

Since he isn't a mauler, I see Usyk having to play into that as opposed to Fury forcing it on him. Usyk is too smart or he would not have won UD over AJ.
    Plus I think nothing Fury lands will hurt him- since he got caught flush by AJ, quite a few times and stood tall- shook it off!

I do agree if anyone can use their size- would be Fury. He is the one. But Again -I don't think he would chance it. Hope I am wrong and we get to see it. 31 fights over 31 years IMO is not the record of a guy who loves to fight.
    19 fights over 8 years unifying cruiser & 1st step HW fight & snatched 4 belts?! Whew!
    I think Usyk is a giant sized Lomachenko & vice versa. Both have A grades across the board... No A+ so given the right style- they both can be beaten.

Usyk does everything well, not great. Fury does one thing great- illusive for a big guy.
    VERY!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Correction- Fury can land and hurt him, But wont stop him.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk beats Fury, way too busy for him. Fury looks like he’s a good mover against the big guys, but Usyk will make him look like a plodder.
    If Fury’s punch output isn’t as good as it was in the 2nd Wilder fight, then it won’t be enough.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Uysk in this one.

If Chisora leaning on Usyk drained him- caused a 2nd gameplan, then you caught me with a nice counter!! Yeah, Fury would FOR SURE lean on him, wear him out.

IF Usyk isn't using lateral movement. Again that is why I brought up Chisora...I think he learned what that shit felt like!

Since he isn't a mauler, I see Usyk having to play into that as opposed to Fury forcing it on him. Usyk is too smart or he would not have won UD over AJ.
    Plus I think nothing Fury lands will hurt him- since he got caught flush by AJ, quite a few times and stood tall- shook it off!

I do agree if anyone can use their size- would be Fury. He is the one. But Again -I don't think he would chance it. Hope I am wrong and we get to see it. 31 fights over 31 years IMO is not the record of a guy who loves to fight.
    19 fights over 8 years unifying cruiser & 1st step HW fight & snatched 4 belts?! Whew!
    I think Usyk is a giant sized Lomachenko & vice versa. Both have A grades across the board... No A+ so given the right style- they both can be beaten.

Usyk does everything well, not great. Fury does one thing great- illusive for a big guy.
    VERY!
    Yes you make a good point with chisora, there aren't many bigger or rougher than him so usyk could well have silenced his doubters(aka me) right there... That git fights like a mad man and punches anything and everything, leans and clinches and at the 255.5(+/- 1lb) usyk won't face many bigger... But I think if I Remeber right fury weighed in v wilder last time out at 273... So 17.5 heavier than when usyk fought chisora and also 50+ what usyk weighed v Joshua... I just think fury is just better than chisora in terms of boxing skills, he also has more range than chisora or even Joshua(who picked the wrong tactics for sure) and that's a massive amount of height and weight to give up, there's surely going to be a point where it is too much for usyk. He didn't have it easy v Joshua and had to perform brilliantly but when if he comes up against fury he's going in v a taller guy and a guy who will weigh potentially a lot more than Joshua and who also just saw what usyk did to Joshua so won't choose to try to out box him........ Anyway I'm crap at writing posts so to sum up, chisora very difficult big man who roughs you up, usyk proved him self but fury is even bigger and has the benefit of seeing what the others did v usyk...

I'd love it if usyk won though, but I agree with you that I'm skeptical it will happen.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Uysk in this one.

VERY!
    Yes you make a good point with chisora, there aren't many bigger or rougher than him so usyk could well have silenced his doubters(aka me) right there... That git fights like a mad man and punches anything and everything, leans and clinches and at the 255.5(+/- 1lb) usyk won't face many bigger... But I think if I Remeber right fury weighed in v wilder last time out at 273... So 17.5 heavier than when usyk fought chisora and also 50+ what usyk weighed v Joshua... I just think fury is just better than chisora in terms of boxing skills, he also has more range than chisora or even Joshua(who picked the wrong tactics for sure) and that's a massive amount of height and weight to give up, there's surely going to be a point where it is too much for usyk. He didn't have it easy v Joshua and had to perform brilliantly but when if he comes up against fury he's going in v a taller guy and a guy who will weigh potentially a lot more than Joshua and who also just saw what usyk did to Joshua so won't choose to try to out box him........ Anyway I'm crap at writing posts so to sum up, chisora very difficult big man who roughs you up, usyk proved him self but fury is even bigger and has the benefit of seeing what the others did v usyk...

I'd love it if usyk won though, but I agree with you that I'm skeptical it will happen.

Man...I hope this fight comes about! I'll see you in the posting forum when does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has a much better boxing brain than AJ and if he's fully focussed would not make mistakes.

He'd use his strengths to the full and to hit him, Usyk would have to get close which would play into Tyson's hands. Usyk is a smarter fighter yes but there's not much in it and Fury's physical advantages should tell down the stretch.

I think what has hit home more is just how easy Fury would dismantle AJ in the ring. It's a fight we still might see I guess if Wilder KOs him next week - which would not surprise me.

I've been watching clips of Usyk in interviews this morning, from the weekend and before. I'm really liking this guy.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

I've been watching clips of Usyk in interviews this morning, from the weekend and before. I'm really liking this guy.
    1:30 into this clip was when I knew I couldn't dislike him!!!!!~!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is obvious that Usyk took some shots, but around 3:30into clip he slightly turns allowing us to see how bruised, swelled up he was. AJ got to him. But this dude is Tough As Nails.

Can't overlook that. AJ was doing damage. But one guy was just way tougher than the other.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1:30 into this clip was when I knew I couldn't dislike him!!!!!~!
    yep saw that one earlier - Tony couldn't help but laugh

him and Fury would be great build up
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has a much better boxing brain than AJ and if he's fully focussed would not make mistakes.

He'd use his strengths to the full and to hit him, Usyk would have to get close which would play into Tyson's hands. Usyk is a smarter fighter yes but there's not much in it and Fury's physical advantages should tell down the stretch.

I think what has hit home more is just how easy Fury would dismantle AJ in the ring. It's a fight we still might see I guess if Wilder KOs him next week - which would not surprise me.

But here’s the thing, if Wilder did KO Fury next week, would you still think he dismantles AJ ?
    What I’m trying to say is that a loss naturally exposes things and makes us think differently, and it wouldn’t be any different if Fury got KO’d next week.
    To be honest, if Fury loses next week, I don’t even want to see the fight happen.
    Because you would have 2 losers (I don’t mean that disparagingly, just that they lost) fighting for the biggest money fight in the whole sport.
    It kind of takes the gloss off Usyk’s (and possibly Wilder’s if he wins) achievements.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 09-27-2021 at 09:49 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information