Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshuas career is over

You don't just go from the very top of the world to non existent overnight. We're talking about a sport that recycles more high profile stars for future events than Hollywood. I'm beginning to think we'll see fractured titles off this though. Mandatories read off and who the hell knows what shakes out during and after Fury v Wilder. Opportunities will be there and I am wondering once the dust settles if Hearn and AJ will be so eager to rush right back into an immediate rematch. Not so sure that's best for him. I think physically AJ remains intact and capable. His legs have always bothered me and he was crossed multiple times early Saturday. But bigger and more of a determining factor is real speak..his mental make up! It's just odd. The entire approach of taking off weight and then proceeding to be the larger man honestly approaching things as if he were the smaller man . Out boxing and looking slick v Andy Ruiz is one thing but they made no adjustment to mix in some genuine hostility and to actually use that imo overrated size advantage v a ring master in Usyk. Two rounds in it was clear he was just going to need to bite down on his piece and punch with Usyk, counter punches be damned. You fight a boxer. Make it grimy, foot step here, clinch walk back there, just use your mass to center him ffs. But he watched it play out at times like he was a paying spectator just enjoying the view. AJs problems to me is clearly between his ears. Not his heart as I don't do the whole 'no heart' thing from the comfort of a keyboard. But his mental resignation late and post fight was rather eye opening.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 09-28-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

depends what is meant by over. aj could still make big fights & big money. i just don't see him at the top of the mountain
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You don't just go from the very top of the world to non existent overnight. We're talking about a sport that recycles more high profile stars for future events than Hollywood. I'm beginning to think we'll see fractured titles off this though. Mandatories read off and who the hell knows what shakes out during and after Fury v Wilder. Opportunities will be there and I am wondering once the dust settles if Hearn and AJ will be so eager to rush right back into an immediate rematch. Not so sure that's best for him. I think physically AJ remains intact and capable. His legs have always bothered me and he was crossed multiple times early Saturday. But bigger and more of a determining factor is real speak..his mental make up! It's just odd. The entire approach of taking off weight and then proceeding to be the larger man honestly approaching things as if he were the smaller man . Out boxing and looking slick v Andy Ruiz is one thing but they made no adjustment to mix in some genuine hostility and to actually use that imo overrated size advantage v a ring master in Usyk. Two rounds in it was clear he was just going to need to bite down on his piece and punch with Usyk, counter punches be damned. You fight a boxer. Make it grimy, foot step here, clinch walk back there, just use your mass to center him ffs. But he watched it play out at times like he was a paying spectator just enjoying the view. AJs problems to me is clearly between his ears. Not his heart as I don't do the whole 'no heart' thing from the comfort of a keyboard. But his mental resignation late and post fight was rather eye opening.
    Well said. I think Chisora was far tougher in that Usyk got on his bike in that fight. With AJ he kept center of ring only circling proving he had no fear and AJ didnt feel obliged to MAKE Usyk respect him.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    To my UK friends here. It looks like you got another Audley Harrison on your hands.
    That's a joke right?
    Not really. Both won gold turn pro and got there ass handed to them. Both are done.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never thought Joshua was as great as he was made out to be but no way can you compare him to Audley. No way
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    It's all over for him, no way he beats Usyk in a rematch, he's simply not good enough.
    Fury will destroy Wilder again then hunt down the remaining belts.
    AJ has two choices....
    Lose again to Usyk or get back in line and fight at Whyte/Chisora level.
    Meanwhile Joe Joyce will slip in and leapfrog him.

AJ is done it's over.

Ironic that both his loses were equally embarrassing and both to the white man

For me and many of my friends AJ lost all respect after his racist comments.

And let's have it right... All AJs done since losing to Ruiz is run away from Ruiz in the rematch, beat an old man in Pulev and get totally schooled by a Cruiserweight.

This quote below is exactly why our resident racist Master had AJ winning 7 rounds against Usyk
    Fact ������

Joshua attended a Black Lives Matter protest in Watford on Saturday 6 June, in which he read a letter from a "friend" that called for black people to avoid using white-owned businesses.

“Show them (white people) where it hurts. Abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses.”
    Uh Ruiz isn't white
    Andy Ruiz became white man when he beat AJ, when he lost he was not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information