What should he do?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No one wants Haney..

Haney got hurt at the end of his last fight against Linares so is vulnerable. Is he really that good and being avoided?

Don't see it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Master. I don’t know that he scares too many fighters, I feel like he just doesn’t create the excitement so most are looking elsewhere. He has solid skills but can be beaten. His biggest issue is that Loma, Teo, Tank, and even Garcia generate more excitement in their fights and have more charisma so he gets lost in the shuffle.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Haney got hurt at the end of his last fight against Linares so is vulnerable. Is he really that good and being avoided?

Don't see it.
    How about the other 9 rounds?!

Regardless of what we think of him getting stunned in a boxing match..he is still struggling to get fights.

It’s ridiculous.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I agree with Master. I don’t know that he scares too many fighters, I feel like he just doesn’t create the excitement so most are looking elsewhere. He has solid skills but can be beaten. His biggest issue is that Loma, Teo, Tank, and even Garcia generate more excitement in their fights and have more charisma so he gets lost in the shuffle.

I agree... same thing for Andrade and Gary Russell who fight once a year... No matter how they're calling it.. no ones lining up to fight them because they cant draw flies to crap on a summer day... casuals don't care about them and most fans got tired of waiting for them to showcase.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Figure a guy has to actually bring something to the table that ensures the buzz the arses in seats and the shined up trinkets to make him fully relevant and honestly not sure a self anointed E mail champ in Haney is that guy just yet. Good skills but looks like a case of his bark is bigger than his bite coming off his last two fights.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jojo told him to send a contract. regis said if he wants to fight at super light in december he'll be ready
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one wants Haney.

How can a WBC champion struggle to get fights?

No one wants to be champion anymore?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LIGHTWEIGHT rivals Teofimo Lopez and Devin Haney clashed and then agreed to a massive lightweight unification next year.

The two were both in Fresno, California to watch as former four-division champion Mikey Garcia was stunned by Spanish outsider Sandor Martin.

But the night's headlines were shared when unbeaten pair Haney, 22, and Lopez, 24, were captured in a row.

Their dads, who both train their sons, were also present and involved in the heated back-and-forth.

Lopez stunned Vasiliy Lomachenko, 33, last October to win the WBA, IBF and WBO lightweight titles as well as the WBC 'Franchise' belt.

Meanwhile Haney is the current WBC champion, and argues Lopez cannot be considered undisputed.

Lopez is set to face mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr, 28, on November 27 after months of delay with the fight moving from Triller to DAZN.

And Haney is looking to return in December and Jojo Diaz - who is without an opponent after Ryan Garcia withdrew with injury - has been sent an offer.

It would see the two fight in December - before a grudge match between former sparring partners Haney and Lopez can commence.

The pair agreed, if they both prevail in their next fights, they will then face each other next year with all the lightweight titles on the line.

Before Lopez's withdrew from his initial August fight with Kambosos after testing positive for coronavirus, he vowed to push Haney out of the spotlight.

He told SunSport: "I do not believe this guy belongs in the sport, he's a fraud, he's a fake. I can't respect someone like that.

"And the whole thing is just trying to take him out, he's done what he has done but this guy's been fed his whole life on a silver spoon.

"Only those that know him, know him and understand what I mean. I just want the guy out, I need him out.

"But these guys are scared, they really are running away and I wish that people could really see that part, but they're not going to show that.

"There's so many fakes in this world too, so when they fake it, they make it, and they're all fake."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16447...t-unification/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Haney, he seems like a good guy with aot of potential but no one's dodging him, especially after his fight v Linares, who is a very good fighter but also pretty old and Haney was more than just hurt in that fight he was very close to being out of there.. I hope he does well and he gets the fights v Diaz and teofimo Lopez. Diaz would be a great match up for him, that git seems to have new lease of life recently and I've always though he was pretty good, that'll be a great test for Haney and if he wins then he's at the level to take on Lopez although after seeing Lopez v lomachenko I think Lopez wins that quite easily...

I like Haney though, he's my favourite of the prospects/young champions of that weight class and I hope he does well and beats them all.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jojo wants some
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even this thread doesn't want Haney.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    jojo wants some
    Doesn’t look like it now.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    jojo wants some
    Doesn’t look like it now.
    jojo wants some

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i heard the hold up was because devon was insisting on a rematch clause

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information