This fight card seems to have gone under the radar with Fury v Wilder this weekend.

The ‘Battle of Liverpool’ is almost upon us as Liam Smith takes on Anthony Fowler this weekend.

The pair are set for civil war on Saturday, with bragging rights in the city on offer as former world champion Smith faces the relatively inexperienced Fowler.

Here’s everything you need to know ahead of the mouth-watering bout this weekend…

When is it?

Smith takes on Fowler on Saturday, October 9 at the M&S Bank Arena.

What time will it start?

The evening gets underway with the undercard from 7pm. The ring walks for the main event are expected to take place at around 10pm.

The super-welterweight clash is set for 12 three-minute rounds.

How can I watch it?

Smith vs Fowler will be available live for UK viewers on DAZN. The service costs £7.99 per month for subscribers.

Who’s on the undercard?

There’s a packed undercard to sink your teeth into before the main event of Smith vs Fowler.

Ted Cheeseman is among some of the eye-catching bouts on offer as he returns to action against unbeaten Troy Williamson, where he’ll be looking to defend his British super-welterweight title.

Meanwhile, Shannon Courtenay defends here WBA bantamweight title against Jamie Mitchell, having won the belt by beating Ebanie Bridges back in April.

Full undercard

Ted Cheeseman vs Troy Williamson (British super-welterweight title)

Shannon Courtenay vs Jamie Mitchell (WBA bantamweight title)

Pete McGrail vs TBA (bantamweight)

Kieron Conway vs JJ Metcalf (super-welterweight)

Luke Willis vs Rylan Charlton (super-lightweight)

Natasha Jonas vs TBA (lightweight)

Solomon Dacres vs Kamil Sokolowski (heavyweight)

Rhiannon Dixon vs Anaelle Angerville (lightweight)

Blane Hyland vs Santiago San Eusebio (super-flyweight)

Smith is in confident mood ahead of the fight: “I’ve never lost to a domestic fighter as a pro. I’ll beat Anthony Fowler; I’ll never lose to a domestic fighter. That’s a good little record to have.

“I turned pro and I’ve had 30-odd fights and I’ve never lost to a Brit. If I beat Fowler, I’m not going to fight another domestic fighter again, unless it’s a [Chris] Eubank or someone like that.

“I’m confident that I beat Anthony Fowler every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If I turn up at 100% then I beat Anthony Fowler.

“The way I see the fight going, it’ll be competitive early doors and then experience, cuteness and everything else will come on. I’ll stop him down the straight.”

Promoter Eddie Hearn: “This is the biggest night of boxing we’ve ever put on in Liverpool. The biggest Saturday night fight card we’ve put on since I’ve promoted boxing.

“This fight is a fight that quite frankly I hadn’t even thought of a couple of months ago. Liam Smith went to Russia and was robbed in a fight which should have taken him on to challenge for a world title.

“Anthony Fowler has improved and improved under the tutelage of Shane McGuigan and wants all the big challenges.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...id=msedgntphdr