Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gervonta Davis vs Isaac Cruz 5/12/21 lightweight)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gervonta Davis vs Isaac Cruz 5/12/21 lightweight)

dec fifth. tank returns to lightweight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: tank's going to roll over rolly

Could be his last fight for a while if his court case in March 2022 goes tits up.

I don't know much about the US legal system but when your facing 14 separate charges, with eye witnesses and video evidence against you and your case will now be decided by a jury, it surely wont end well?

It'll be a massive loss if he does end up in Jail, Davis is without doubt one of the most entertaining fighters in boxing and i love watching him, plus there's some top fights for him out there that he'd could miss out on.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2021/...-in-baltimore/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis might be an entertaining fighter to watch... but he's a punk. In a sport becoming more and more littered with punks.
    Which is why the likes of Pacquiao will be missed.
    He always proved you don't have to be a punk to be great or entertaining.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Davis might be an entertaining fighter to watch... but he's a punk. In a sport becoming more and more littered with punks.
    In an era of accepting that acting like the loudest arsehole with high 'follower' counts passes for legit entertainment and boxing legacy cred. In fairness promotions shovel this image like it was on steroids fluff to new absurd lows now. Thing is some of the self anointed young bucks talking the loudest but just going through the minimal motions are a huge problem with big picture boxing now.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    check out rolly. i'm sure you'll get some satisfaction out of tank whooping him
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rolly getting #metoo'd. isaac pitbull cruz is supposed to be the replacement

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    lol... I seen Rolly. He has little to no chance of beating Tank. It will be a sorrowful beatdown by Tank. lol... Rolly actually thinks he can win, which makes for good entertainment. But Rolly looks braindead from the onset- what a dummy he is. A child.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    lol... I seen Rolly. He has little to no chance of beating Tank. It will be a sorrowful beatdown by Tank. lol... Rolly actually thinks he can win, which makes for good entertainment. But Rolly looks braindead from the onset- what a dummy he is. A child.
    rolly's out

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    rolly's out
    i see now.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So now it's Tank vs Pitbull.

I got Tank by KTFO within 8 rounds.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did Rolly pull out?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Why did Rolly pull out?
    accused of sexual assault, so he was removed from the fight

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TANK Gervonta Davis next fight: Floyd Mayweather’s protege set to return against new opponent Isaac Cruz

Gervonta Davis already has his sights set on extending his undefeated record again this year following his stunning win over Mario Barrios.

The WBA super-lightweight world champion, who also holds lesser WBA ‘regular’ belts in two other divisions, made headlines around the world by knocking out El Azteca back in June.

Davis jumped up from 130lbs to 140lbs and overcame early adversity to stop his American compatriot in dramatic fashion.

This win was shown on PPV in America and was staged by Floyd Mayweather’s Mayweather Promotions and Al Haymon’s PBC.

‘Money’ revealed afterwards that Davis is set to keep fighting ‘in-house’ opponents moving forwards, rather than cross-promotional bouts.

Mayweather said at the post-fight press conference when ‘Tank’ was asked about his next fight: “His team are gonna take care of that.

“Our thing is this, we work smarter, not harder. So we keep everything in-house. Mayweather Promotions/PBC, we’re all one family.

“We’re not gonna go away and make another company great.

“We’ve got plenty at 140lbs, 135lbs, 130lbs. We’re gonna continue to fight the fighters that we’ve got to fight.”

Davis will step back into the ring on December 5 to take on Isaac Cruz.

He was originally set to fight Rolando Romero before ‘Rolly’ was forced out of the bout amid several sexual assault allegations.

Davis’ new opponent Cruz (22-1-1, 15 KO), has not lost a fight since February 2016, which was an eight-round decision in just his sixth professional bout.

‘Pitbull’ has since bounced back to undergo an 18-fight unbeaten streak that includes his current 11 consecutive win record.

“I respect Isaac Cruz for stepping up and taking the fight, but everyone knows what I do,” Davis said in a press release.

“I come in looking for the knockout and that’s exactly what I’m going to do in this fight.

“I’m back in Los Angeles where the stars shine and I’m going to light it up against Isaac Cruz at Staples Center on Dec. 5.”

“First I want to thank Gervonta Davis and his team for this opportunity – an opportunity I won’t let get past me,” Cruz said.

“God willing I’ll be world champion on Dec. 5. This fight is a very big motivation for me as a professional and as a personal goal. I’m sure after Dec. 5 everyone in boxing will know the name Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...er-isaac-cruz/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GERVONTA DAVIS makes his return to the ring as he faces game lightweight contender Isaac Cruz in his next bout.

'Tank' hasn't been in action since his 11th-round stoppage win over Mario Barrios back in June when he announced himself to the super-lightweight division.

But now Davis is back at lightweight, where he holds the WBA 'Regular' title.

Originally scheduled to face Rolando Romero, Davis is now up against Cruz, who is one of the most ferocious 135lb fighters in the world.

Gervonta Davis' clash with Isaac Cruz will take place on Sunday, December 5.

You can expect ring-walks to get going from around 4am UK time on Monday, December 6 in the UK.

The bout will be held at Staples Centre in Los Angeles, California.

There will be a full capacity crowd in attendance at the clash.

Unfortunately, the fight hasn't yet been picked up by a broadcaster in the UK, though this is likely to change.

Davis' last fight with Barrios was shown on Fite TV for a price of £9.99, while his clash with Leo Santa Cruz last year was aired free on Channel 5.

Davis vs Cruz FULL CARD

Gervonta Davis vs Isaac Cruz (12 rounds - lightweight)
    Sebastian Fundora vs Sergio Garcia (12 rounds - super-welterweight)
    Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Carlos Adames (10 rounds - middleweight)

“I know Cruz is going to come to fight," Davis has said.

"The fans are going to be the winners in this fight, because we’re both coming in prepared to be at our best. I’m ready to put on a great show.

“It’s going to be fireworks for sure. It’s going to be something you can’t miss. Don’t go get your popcorn or anything like that during this fight. This is another tough task, but this is what I’m made for.”

But Cruz believes he has the beating of Davis.

“I’m ready to put on a show," he said. "There were a wide array of feelings when I knew I got this fight, but most of all, it made me really motivated to be ready for this opportunity.

“We are not overconfident in any way, but Gervonta has not fought anyone with my style and with my characteristics.

"We’re working really hard to make sure my style will work the best that it can."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16773...nel-undercard/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gervonta Davis vs Isaac Cruz 5/12/21 lightweight)

that was a tough fight for tank. i had him winning by two rounds but some rounds were close enough for isaac to feel it was closer. sergio garcia never had a chance on the cards. i had him winning. i couldn't give sebastian more than a draw in that fight. sergiy d fought another war. i had it a draw. carlos got the nod. the fight should have been twelve rounds instead of ten

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information