Hughie Fury will hope to finally earn another world heavyweight title shot if he gets past Christian Hammer this weekend.

The 27-year-old, the cousin of WBC champion Tyson, saw his first crack at a major belt end with a controversial points loss to Joseph Parker in 2017.

But Fury proved he is almost ready to test himself among the division’s best again when he defeated Mariusz Wach on the undercard of Anthony Joshua’s win over Kubrat Pulev in December.

The ‘Fist of Fury’ returns against Hammer – who lost to Tyson in 2015 – on a packed bill in Newcastle.

The 10-round heavyweight bout will take place on Saturday, October 16. This clash will also be broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Arena from 7:30pm.

Chris Eubank Jr has been added to the card after his bout earlier this month was scrapped. Chris Eubank Jr. will also return to take on Wanik Awidjan.

MAIN EVENT: Hughie Fury v Christian Hammer
Savannah Marshall v Lolita Muzeya – for WBO female middleweight title
Chris Eubank Jr v Wanik Awdijan
Lewis Ritson v Henry Lundy
Bradley Rea v Jez Smith
Michael Webster v Jone Volau
Steve Robinson v Reece Barlow
Mark Dickinson v Michal Gazdik

Hughie Fury: “This team will put me where I need to be.

“Before I couldn’t get the fights. Now I believe I can get them.

“Straight away with Hammer, I said: ‘These are the fights I want’.

“He is a game fighter. I love a fight, I’m not afraid of any challenge, I will jump in the ring with anyone.

“I could have had easier fights but I want someone who will fight back and give me a challenge.

“I believe I will be the champion of the world. It is my destiny to be at the top.

“To become a world champion is all that’s in my mind.

“Whoever has got a belt, I want those belts. I will get through this fight, get into a mandatory position, and whoever has got a belt at the time, I’ll take.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...all-newcastle/