Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hughie Fury v Christian Hammer - 16/10/21

Hughie Fury will hope to finally earn another world heavyweight title shot if he gets past Christian Hammer this weekend.

The 27-year-old, the cousin of WBC champion Tyson, saw his first crack at a major belt end with a controversial points loss to Joseph Parker in 2017.

But Fury proved he is almost ready to test himself among the division’s best again when he defeated Mariusz Wach on the undercard of Anthony Joshua’s win over Kubrat Pulev in December.

The ‘Fist of Fury’ returns against Hammer – who lost to Tyson in 2015 – on a packed bill in Newcastle.

The 10-round heavyweight bout will take place on Saturday, October 16. This clash will also be broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Arena from 7:30pm.

Chris Eubank Jr has been added to the card after his bout earlier this month was scrapped. Chris Eubank Jr. will also return to take on Wanik Awidjan.

MAIN EVENT: Hughie Fury v Christian Hammer
    Savannah Marshall v Lolita Muzeya – for WBO female middleweight title
    Chris Eubank Jr v Wanik Awdijan
    Lewis Ritson v Henry Lundy
    Bradley Rea v Jez Smith
    Michael Webster v Jone Volau
    Steve Robinson v Reece Barlow
    Mark Dickinson v Michal Gazdik

Hughie Fury: “This team will put me where I need to be.

“Before I couldn’t get the fights. Now I believe I can get them.

“Straight away with Hammer, I said: ‘These are the fights I want’.

“He is a game fighter. I love a fight, I’m not afraid of any challenge, I will jump in the ring with anyone.

“I could have had easier fights but I want someone who will fight back and give me a challenge.

“I believe I will be the champion of the world. It is my destiny to be at the top.

“To become a world champion is all that’s in my mind.

“Whoever has got a belt, I want those belts. I will get through this fight, get into a mandatory position, and whoever has got a belt at the time, I’ll take.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...all-newcastle/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie Fury v Christian Hammer - 16/10/21

He lacks power.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank Jr: Can rival back up social media trash talk?

Chris Eubank Jr has vowed to make new rival Wanik Awidjan answer for the “outlandish things” he has said since their fight was agreed.

Eubank Jr returns to action on Saturday in Newcastle, live on Sky Sports, finally able to release any pent-up frustration after two previous opponents withdrew from fighting him inside of a week.

Germany-based Awidjan has stepped up and has already made some bold claims that Eubank Jr tried to avoid facing him by trying to chase a different opponent.

Eubank Jr was previously set to face Anatoli Muratov who pulled out on the morning of their fight on medical grounds. Muratov had got the nod ahead of Awidjan, who now has his chance.

Eubank Jr said about Awidjan: "He couldn't make the weight. He wanted to come in at 12st. We found someone else.

"He took that as me being scared.

"He took to social media and said some outlandish things.

"He is in a position where he has to back up the things that he has said.

"I'm interested to see, when we are face to face at the press conference and when we get in the ring, if he will have the same energy as he had on social media."

Eubank Jr's trainer, the legendary Roy Jones Jr, said about the brewing animosity with Awidjan: "I love to have [Eubank Jr's] engine running. When it is running, great things happen. I'm happy that he talked junk!

"It's easy to adapt because I prepare him for whatever. If an opponent does A or B, he may come out and do C. My job is to get him ready.

"These are just hurdles. If you can't overcome these hurdles, how do you expect to overcome the hurdle of becoming world champ?"

Eubank Jr intends to tee up a major fight in December with a statement victory over Awidjan on a bill promoted by BOXXER that features Savannah Marshall and Hughie Fury.

Eubank Jr said about Awidjan: "I have a very good opponent - 28 wins, only one defeat, coming in from Germany.

"He's ready to go, I'm ready to go.

"Before a fight you study the opponent, look at his fights, look at his strengths and weaknesses, how you can exploit him, figure out the best tactics.

"That has changed three times now.

"But this is my life. I have sparred and fought every type of opponent. I won't see anything that I haven't already seen a million times before.

"I need to adapt my style and strategy.

"We know what we are going to do with him."

Sky Sports Boxing schedule

October 16 - Top Rank in San DiegoEmanuel Navarette vs Joet Gonzalez - WBO featherweight title

October 16 - BOXXER in NewcastleSavannah Marshall vs Lolita Muzeya - WBO middleweight titleHughie Fury vs Christian HammerChris Eubank Jr vs Wanik AwidjanLewis Ritson vs Hank Lundy

October 24 - Top Rank in AtlantaJamel Herring vs Shakur Stevenson - WBO super-featherweight title

October 31 - Top Rank in New YorkJose Zepeda vs Josue Vargas

November 6 - Top Rank in Las VegasMikaela Mayer vs Maiva Hamadouche - IBF and WBO super-featherweight titles

November 6 - BOXXER in Liverpool

November 20 - BOXXER in LondonRichard Riakporhe vs Olanrewaju DurodolaCaroline Dubois professional debut

November 20 - Top Rank in Las VegasTerence Crawford vs Shawn Porter - WBO welterweight title

December 11 - Top Rank in Las VegasVasiliy Lomachenko vs Richard Commey

December 18 - Top Rank in GlasgowJosh Taylor vs Jack Catterall - undisputed super-lightweight title

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hammer on Hughie: 'He's a Fury – but he's not Tyson!'

Hughie Fury responded provocatively to his opponent Christian Hammer who had unfavourably compared him to his cousin Tyson, saying: "It's a different ball game now."

Hughie will step into a heavyweight battle with Hammer on Saturday in Newcastle, live on Sky Sports, alongside Savannah Marshall's world title defence and Chis Eubank Jr's return.

His veteran rival from Germany, Hammer, has previously been stopped by Tyson Fury who now stands atop the division as the WBC champion.

Hammer has knocked out Britain's David Price and has also gone the distance with Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin and Tony Yoka.

Hammer said about facing Hughie: "He's from the Fury family but he's not Tyson. He's a young guy.

"I will try to break him.

"I hope he doesn't only run. I am here to fight.

"I want a fight, not a marathon."

Hughie hit back: "Let's put it this way - he's not here to fight David Price. I'm a fighting man.

"So we'll see.

"He's tough and durable. These are the fights I want.

"I have learned the hard way and that's the way I want it.

"If the knockout comes, it comes."

Hughie is still just 27 but is a veteran of 28 fights already - although he has lost to Joseph Parker, Kubrat Pulev and Povetkin he insists that he has matured.

"It's a different ball game now. It was a man against a boy before," Hughie said. "People are going to see."

His father and trainer Peter Fury said: "He's been ahead of his time. He fought for a world title aged 22.

"You can't put men against young men or boys. Now, he's arrived on the scene as a full-set man.

"They are in the fight business. They are brought up street-fighting. It's a no-surrender business, it's not play.

"He'll fight until every last drop of blood leaves his body. The only time he goes out is if he's out cold.

"This is a warrior sport."

Peter added about fighting Hammer: "He comes to win, he's a tough, tough man. We're not interested in walkovers where people take one shot then fall over. Hammer doesn't do that."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank retires Awidjan in the 5th round.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughie Fury targets Derek Chisora fight in quest to earn world title shot

Fury will target a return against Chisora next year, after the veteran faces Joseph Parker in December as Fury looks to continue his resurgent bid for a world title shot

Hughie Fury is targeting a domestic showdown with Derek Chisora next year as he continues his quest for a world title shot.

The Briton defeated German Christian Hammer after he was forced to retire in the fifth stanza with a bicep injury.

And the victory signalled his first appearance as part of BOXXER's new relationship with Sky Sports this weekend.

His new promoter Ben Shalom is now ready to help Fury on his quest to reach world level, and is planning a domestic showdown with Chisora next year.

"Hughie Fury can be a world champion," Shalom told Sky Sports. "Christian Hammer was no joke and I think we saw a Hughie that was landing cleaner shots, that was more confident in himself, more confident in his body, and had more power.

"With Hughie, we're going to look to try and make the Chisora fight early next year. That is what we feel is the next step-up for him. We offered Derek the fight, I think he knows how good Hughie Fury is - and how technical he is.

"I think he really wanted the Parker rematch. That was what he wanted. He didn't want to fight Hughie Fury, but let's see after December, it might be different then."

The fight may see Fury not return to action until March or April, with a big rematch for Chisora's career taking place in December against Parker.

The cousin of current heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has often fallen short against world-level operators in the past.

His three career defeats have come against the likes of Alexander Povetkin, Kubrat Pulev and Parker in his own match-up.

And a fight against Chisora would represent a real test of his credentials with the Londoner considered a gatekeeper to the highest level.

Fury has previously spoken of his own desire to challenge at world level, although has ruled out taking on his own cousin Tyson.

"I believe I will be the champion of the world. It is my destiny to be at the top. To become a world champion is all that's in my mind," Fury said in an interview with Sky Sports.

"To become a world champion is all that's in my mind, whoever has got a belt, I want those belts. I will get through this fight, get into a mandatory position, and whoever has got a belt at the time, I'll take."

His targeted opponent Chisora also plans a final assault on the world titles, and is confident of avenging his recent defeat to Parker.

And the Finchley-based fighter was named by Fury's cousin Tyson as part of his final wish-list of clashes before his career ends.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/

Thread Information