Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kid Galahad v Kiko Martinez - 13/11/21

Kid Galahad breaks his silence after sickening KO defeat by Kiko Martinez

Kid Galahad has vowed to win back his world title from Kiko Martinez after surrendering in his first defence.

Galahad was in control of his featherweight clash with Martinez until he was dropped by a right hand at the end of the fifth round.

And the same shot in the opening seconds of the sixth session knocked the Brit out cold and signalled the start of Martinez's second reign as a world champion.

Galahad will likely be given the chance to win his belt back in a rematch, and said: "Firstly congratulations to Kiko Martinez and his team on his victory last night.

"Thank you to everyone who turned out, tuned in and for the many messages and well-wishes I've received. It means more to me than you'll ever know.

"I am gutted about the loss but I have lost no desire to reach the levels and goals I've set in this crazy game called boxing.

Thank you to my team, Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing. I've been grinding all my life and we aren't done yet... We will run it back and we keep moving forward!"

Galahad appeared to be cruising towards victory as he dominated 35-year-old Martinez.

But he failed to recover from a heavy knockdown and required medical attention when he was knocked out.

Martinez, who won his first world title 13 years ago, had lost on each of his previous five visits to the UK.

But he said: ""It may be a surprise for everyone else but not me. For the lat three years I've lived like a monk; no holidays, no time off and no time with my family.

"I've been prepared for this and worked really hard for three years. I'm in better shape than I've ever been , better than when I was 20 years of age."

Galahad's defeat was the second upset in Sheffield after fellow world champion Terri Harper was stopped by Alycia Baumgardner.

Harper had struggled from the opening bell and was knocked out on her feet in the fourth round before referee Mark Lyson stepped in.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kid Galahad v Kiko Martinez - 13/11/21

It seems like the worst thing that can happen to a British fighter is winning a title.

Carl Frampton's two wins over a prime-Kiko look pretty good right now. I'm actually very glad for KIKO. Very dedicated to the sport and took his chance when he got it. He's gone into someone's back yard and overturned the odds.

He's the kind of fighter that deserves respect. He'll go anywhere and fight anyone. He knew he probably had to get the KO to win the title and he did.

Hearn in a bit of trouble now. He's has been hiding behind daddy’s money and brand sky now he’s on his own and stupidly embarking on a journey with a uneconomic vehicle that he cannot drive and does not have the fuel the to power it.

Will Connor Benn carry him forward ? Well he’s given him a 37 yr old with a padded record out of the Di Bella school of non New York punchers to keep the smoke and mirrors going for a bit longer.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 11-15-2021 at 09:17 PM.

Thread Information