Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,842
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1798
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    …but the ‘Gypsy King’ has hinted at retirement after questioning the “need” to fight following his title defence in Las Vegas.

    Of course he has. I said as much before the Tyson-Wilder fight... and I wouldn't expect anything different.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Who's more likely to fight Whyte after a win... Fury or Wilder?

    I'd say Wilder. Fury's too unstable with his actions and his career. He's liable to just retire and go into either acting or wrestling. You also never know about his emotional state. For that alone, I think a Wilder victory would be better for the division, short-term. It would keep things moving.... titles being united... etc.

    Either way... I'm looking forward to Saturday night.
    Of course he's got no "need."

    He can retire any time he wants.

    But if he truly wants to be considered an ATG... I'm afraid he's going to need more than a trilogy with Wilder and a sh*tty victory over "Timid Wlad" on his resume.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,331
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Fury does play the retirement card too much. He does need to beat more than Wlad and Wilder to be considered the best of this generation. I think he will do it and become the undisputed champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,331
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury may not be for undisputed - even with Oleksandr Usyk rematch win

    The winner of Joshua's rematch with Usyk looks set to face Fury late next year, but may be forced to vacate the WBA strap with Robert Helenius looking to enforce his status as mandatory challenger for the 'super' belt.

    Any potential showdown next year between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua may be a belt down with the WBA set to call Robert Helenius as mandatory challenger.

    For the pair to meet Joshua must first progress beyond an uphill task against Oleksandr Usyk in their rematch early next year.

    And Fury could be subject to a mandatory challenge from Dillian Whyte with the WBC set to rule on his interim champion status.

    But any potential all-British fight between Fury and Joshua could be hindered further with Helenius next in the queue to receive his mandatory shot.

    The Finnish heavyweight plans to act on his status according to his promoter Markus Sundman after he earned his title in an eliminator victory.

    Sundman told Sky Sports : "Right now we are focused on the WBA mandatory position. Usyk should really be Robert's next bout.

    "Robert fought a WBA elimination bout in March 2020 against Adam Kownacki, and he placed a stamp on that victory in the rematch on October 9.

    "In the end, of course we have respect for [president] Gilberto [Mendoza] and the WBA, and we think that ultimately they will do the correct thing and formally order Robert as the next mandatory.

    "We will do what is necessary to assure Robert's rightful position as Usyk's next WBA mandatory. The WBA mandatory is due next, and that must be Robert."

    Joshua will need a much improved performance to stand a chance against Usyk who was oozing with class in a punch-perfect display last month.

    Although the Briton currently faces a search for a new trainer in America and has drawn up a three-trainer shortlist for the resounding task.

    Joshua has been backed by Lawrence Okolie to employ Fury's style during his rematch with Wilder to try and regain his unified world titles next year.

    "He was in there with a world class fighter, a generational talent," Okolie told the Daily Mail. "It’s not just a case of you doing this and that happens.

    "There’s another person in there trying to prevent that and knock you out. There’s stuff AJ can do to try and change the way the fight looks and feels, and I think he will.

    "But in terms of his performance, he tried his best and it wasn’t good enough on the day. You have to just say Usyk was great that night and AJ has to work on certain things to beat that style.

    "As you saw with Fury and Wilder, Wilder is an exceptional fighter, an exceptional puncher. But Fury decided, you know what, I’m 277-pounds and I’m going to let you know it. He pushed him back, he rallied through the hard rounds, ground him down and got the stoppage. I believe AJ can do something similar."

    Fury is fresh off the back of an astonishing victory over Deontay Wilder and climbed off the canvas twice in a historic trilogy battle.

    But he has hinted at retirement despite facing the prospect of a domestic return against Joshua's Matchroom stablemate Whyte.

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-fury-25269084
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,678
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    can dillian go straight to tyson now? i see tyson retiring before having to fight oleksandr
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,331
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    can dillian go straight to tyson now? i see tyson retiring before having to fight oleksandr
    Whyte does not have to face Wallin so is free to face Fury as his mandatory. Smart move.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,678
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    can dillian go straight to tyson now? i see tyson retiring before having to fight oleksandr
    Whyte does not have to face Wallin so is free to face Fury as his mandatory. Smart move.
    quack quack
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,822
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    551
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    So are we saying Dillian Whyte can pull out of a fight, and then fight for a World title instead? Fucks sake.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,331
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So are we saying Dillian Whyte can pull out of a fight, and then fight for a World title instead? Fucks sake.
    Whyte has earned the title shot and his top spot by taking on tough hard fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,822
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    551
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So are we saying Dillian Whyte can pull out of a fight, and then fight for a World title instead? Fucks sake.
    Whyte has earned the title shot and his top spot by taking on tough hard fights.
    Yeah , and he had a chance of a shot against AJ and turned it down because the money wasn’t right. Can’t have it both ways.
    He signed a contract to fight Wallin, HE pulled out with an injury. Therefore Wallin should fight for the title , and Whyte fight the winner next fight when he’s fit.
    Why should Wallin be penalised for Whyte getting injured? Oh yeah, cos 1. He ain’t British & 2. He ain’t a big name.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,331
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So are we saying Dillian Whyte can pull out of a fight, and then fight for a World title instead? Fucks sake.
    Whyte has earned the title shot and his top spot by taking on tough hard fights.
    Yeah , and he had a chance of a shot against AJ and turned it down because the money wasn’t right. Can’t have it both ways.
    He signed a contract to fight Wallin, HE pulled out with an injury. Therefore Wallin should fight for the title , and Whyte fight the winner next fight when he’s fit.
    Why should Wallin be penalised for Whyte getting injured? Oh yeah, cos 1. He ain’t British & 2. He ain’t a big name. :rolleyes:
    So Wallin should get a title shot off the back of Whytes hard work? That makes no sense at all.


    When Wallin beats top ranked opponents then he can have a case for being hard done by but until then get busy. He was offered an opponent to take the place of Whyte and he turned it down.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,822
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    551
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So are we saying Dillian Whyte can pull out of a fight, and then fight for a World title instead? Fucks sake.
    Whyte has earned the title shot and his top spot by taking on tough hard fights.
    Yeah , and he had a chance of a shot against AJ and turned it down because the money wasn’t right. Can’t have it both ways.
    He signed a contract to fight Wallin, HE pulled out with an injury. Therefore Wallin should fight for the title , and Whyte fight the winner next fight when he’s fit.
    Why should Wallin be penalised for Whyte getting injured? Oh yeah, cos 1. He ain’t British & 2. He ain’t a big name.
    So Wallin should get a title shot off the back of Whytes hard work? That makes no sense at all.


    When Wallin beats top ranked opponents then he can have a case for being hard done by but until then get busy. He was offered an opponent to take the place of Whyte and he turned it down.
    Wallin got his shot at Whyte because of his hard work. It’s not his fault that Whyte is injured. So now the whole division has to wait for Whyte to get fit do they ? Now that don’t make sense!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,331
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So are we saying Dillian Whyte can pull out of a fight, and then fight for a World title instead? Fucks sake.
    Whyte has earned the title shot and his top spot by taking on tough hard fights.
    Yeah , and he had a chance of a shot against AJ and turned it down because the money wasn’t right. Can’t have it both ways.
    He signed a contract to fight Wallin, HE pulled out with an injury. Therefore Wallin should fight for the title , and Whyte fight the winner next fight when he’s fit.
    Why should Wallin be penalised for Whyte getting injured? Oh yeah, cos 1. He ain’t British & 2. He ain’t a big name.
    So Wallin should get a title shot off the back of Whytes hard work? That makes no sense at all.


    When Wallin beats top ranked opponents then he can have a case for being hard done by but until then get busy. He was offered an opponent to take the place of Whyte and he turned it down.
    Wallin got his shot at Whyte because of his hard work. It’s not his fault that Whyte is injured. So now the whole division has to wait for Whyte to get fit do they ? Now that don’t make sense!
    No life moves on and no one has to wait. Whyte is still the mandatory for Fury and he was taking this fight to stay busy and relevant. He does not have to face Wallin to get to Fury.

    Wallin should move on.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,842
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1798
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Wait... what?... Wallin?... title shot?

    Is he ranked? By anybody?

    The only reason I know of Wallin is because Tyson Fury dredged him up in that awful stretch of nondescript opponents in between Wilder fights.

    Wallin "deserves" a title shot because... he was scheduled to fight Dillian Whyte and Whyte pulled out due to injury... so now Wallin gets a title shot??

    What about the dozen-plus actually ranked fighters waiting in line hoping for a title shot?

    TBH, I don't recognize any of the 20 fighters on Wallin's resume before he fought Fury.

    Not an expert on who should get a shot at whom and when. But I'm pretty sure Wallin isn't the first name that comes to mind when I think heavyweight title fights at this point in time.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,678
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    dillian shouldn't have had a rematch clause with alexander. aj shouldn't have had a rematch clause with oleksandr. there wasn't a need for a third deontay tyson fight. i'd like to see unnecessary rematches stop
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,331
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    dillian shouldn't have had a rematch clause with alexander. aj shouldn't have had a rematch clause with oleksandr. there wasn't a need for a third deontay tyson fight. i'd like to see unnecessary rematches stop
    I agree, like options became illegal so should rematch clauses which are normally inserted in by the A side fighter and only applies if they lose.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Fun way to play with the dog.
    By Ghost in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 08:04 PM
  2. Maybe They Should Have Just Let Him Play It
    By Trainer Monkey in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 12:59 AM
  3. CFFC 5: Kimbo Slice vs. Ray Mercer live play-by-play coverage
    By Chris Nagel in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 04:20 AM
  5. Margarito wins by circumstance... (short play by play)
    By ArawakWarria in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 07:38 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing