Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How would you like the HWs to play out now?

So many scenarios out there...

Some say Fury should fight Usyk next. Some say Joshua and Wilder are done. No one knows what Fury will do next. Obviously, no more Wilder fights are necessary.
    So here's one take.

I agree with @mikeod that Fury vs Usyk would be a dreadfully awkward and not fan-friendly fight. I've seen enough of Fury in the past that this is certainly a distinct possibility. Should Joshua get a Usyk rematch next? Probably not. The consensus is he'd lose just as badly. A second loss to Usyk would certainly jeopardize Joshua's future as a boxing draw.

I don't claim to have the best answer... but somewhere in there I think the public would love to have a Wilder-Joshua fight. Yeah, they've both been beaten, taking the luster the fight would've had if it had taken place before the 1st Fury-Wilder fight. But why should either of them retire just yet? Wilder has only been beaten by one man. Joshua by two, but he avenged one of his losses.

The styles of Wilder and Joshua would make for a great fight. Sure, they're both damaged goods. But one could surmise that from that fight, the victor could look toward greater things, while the loser would surely be one step closer to retirement. Usyk of course, has earned his right to dance with the big boys. But his lack of size in this current age of behemoths doesn't bode well for him. Call me crazy (please)... but a well-focused, "head-on-straight" Wilder would very likely take out Usyk within the distance. People like to rag on Wilder's lack of boxing skill, because let's face it... first impressions are hard to erase. But Wilder HAS taken some steps in the right direction since his Atomic Windmill days. He IS trainable, IMHO.

Fury will probably retire at some point before the current crop of big, dangerous heavyweights get around to where they can challenge for the title. So what does that do for his legacy?

I'm sorry to say this... but other than his great trilogy with the dangerous Wilder (who nobody wanted to face)... his resume becomes pretty thin rather quickly. Wladimir? Please. That wasn't so much a boxing match as it was a psychological contest, which Fury won hands down. The worst heavyweight title fight in history.

But let's say Fury defeats Usyk... then Joshua fights Wilder and comes out victorious. Ahhhh.... THEN, Fury could face Joshua and have the chance to defeat another championship caliber fighter convincingly. That would certainly help Fury's legacy. Odds are it'll never happen, though.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

I want an undisputed heavyweight champion and the quickest and most seamless way that will be achieved is if Usyk/AJ winner faces Fury/Whyte.

Whyte has to beat Wallin.

I do not think Fury will retire but he does not strike me as someone who is interested in defending his title against mandatories.

Wilder in the meantime can face Ruiz or Parker/Chisora to finally learn some boxing and stay busy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury will want to get undisputed then maybe call it a day.

Usyk his only real challenge left but think that would be fairly easy night for him. Wilder was his danger man because of the punch. Usyk can't hurt him.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I've learned anything through watching Usyk and Fury rise to the cream of the crop it's do not dismiss them and pick against them. I cannot see Wilder walking through Usyk and actually think Usyk would be a more accurate sharp short-circuiting type punching threat than Fury in some ways v Wilder. To me aesthetics and styles aside Fury and Usyk have very much arrived at the point of needing to sort it out between them. Both Joshua and Wilder have some inner and outer things to sort out within themselves before anyone one else. Wilder is on a six month medical suspension and to me he needs to get back his power is all dominance tower by dispatching a couple of decent though beatable top 10 or 15 types when he before stepping right in to another glaring all eyes stage. He's confident yes but let's face it he's not reinventing himself at this age. So go forth fresh come next May and get a mini streak going, as much for the fans as his own grey matter. Chisora, Ruiz if he's up or even..don't laugh..a resurgent Helenius. Likewise with AJ but differently as I honestly cannot even say he still has the mentality to step into the fire as he'll need to do with Usyk rematch should it happen, let alone anyone else. He went to war with Wlad in a fight where Wlad brought the war too. But real talk he hasn't been eye opening impressive in 3 years. I think if he goes for Wilder right off it will set up the glairing need to one up Fury who basically holds three winds over him. They both have to reboot and shine up the push again. Do it for best chance of a successful tail end career run. There's also a rotund fella named Trevor Bryan calling himself a wba world champ out there so if AJ or Wilder want to do the fans a solid they can start by stamping him out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I keep forgetting about Ruiz.

Has he got anything scheduled.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joe Joyce smashes all but Fury and Usyk. Everyone else is avoiding him.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Seriously?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Seriously?
    Joyce would destroy Wilder, overwhelm Whyte, stop Ruiz, too big for Parker and Chisora is nothing to him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I keep forgetting about Ruiz.

Has he got anything scheduled.
    Just Dessert.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ can beat Usyk in 6 rounds if his stamina can last in a fight.

AJ has lost the fighting edge since Ruiz and he’s mentally fragile under fire.

It’s his last chance if he wants that undisputed fight with Fury post Whyte.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously?
    Joyce would destroy Wilder, overwhelm Whyte, stop Ruiz, too big for Parker and Chisora is nothing to him.

Haven't seen a full fight of Joyce, but I've seen enough. He's easy to hit with either hand... and doesn't exactly have blazing hand speed himself.

A fully recovered and focused Wilder crushes him. Fury would toy with him. The rest I'm not too sure about.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Seriously?

Haven't seen a full fight of Joyce, but I've seen enough. He's easy to hit with either hand... and doesn't exactly have blazing hand speed himself.

A fully recovered and focused Wilder crushes him. Fury would toy with him. The rest I'm not too sure about.
    Joyce chin is solid and Wilder will never recover from the losses to Fury. Cannot see Wilder keep Joyce off him but think Joyce will not get the chance to show how good he is. He is left in limbo at the moment.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously?
    I think a hell of a lot is being made of his win against a totally overrated Dubois. I have to admit, he was better than I thought. He must have serious power to cause the damage he did to Dubois just with pawing jabs. But it is a good jab, he does have good stamina, but there’s no getting away from the fact he is a plodder.
    He could beat Wilder, most could, I don’t see Ruiz as a top HW till he gets in some shape, Parker would probably beat him on points, and Chisora is not a top HW.
    But he could lose to any of Bakole, Ajagba, Sanchez, Wallin, Makhmudov or Gassiev. Maybe even Tony Yoka. Why not?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An undisputed match up is what we the fans deserve.

And that's exactly why boxing won't allow us to get it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury identifies Joe Joyce as big threat in heavyweight division

GettyImages-1346638884.jpg© Getty Images GettyImages-1346638884.jpg
    Tyson Fury has tipped Joe Joyce to be a future heavyweight world champion, according to promotor Frank Warren.

Joyce is undefeated in 13 fights and could be in line for a title shot as the WBO’s mandatory challenger. Champion Oleksandr Usyk is set to defend his belts in a rematch against Anthony Joshua early next year which would force Joyce to have to wait for his opportunity.

The 36-year-old is coming off a knockout win over the previously unbeaten British heavyweight Daniel Dubois and a stoppage of veteran Carlos Takam in July, and WBC champion Fury has identified the ‘Juggernaut’ as a future threat in the division.

“Tyson said that he’s the best one out there,” promoter Warren told Sky Sports. “That’s what Tyson’s opinion was.

“Can he go all the way? Yes he can. He’s got good ticker, a big heart. He’s strong, he walks forwards, he is the ‘Juggernaut’.

“Him and Usyk would be a great fight. He could hurt Usyk, he's a big man. Could he beat Usyk? Yes. He fancies it and I fancy it.”

Fury is yet to announce his next fight following his knockout victory over heavyweight rival Deontay Wilder last weekend.

The WBC champion could face challenger Dillian Whyte if the London fighter beats Otto Wallin later this month, but the ‘Gypsy King’ has hinted at retirement after questioning the “need” to fight following his title defence in Las Vegas.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Thread Information