Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How would you like the HWs to play out now?

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    dillian shouldn't have had a rematch clause with alexander. aj shouldn't have had a rematch clause with oleksandr. there wasn't a need for a third deontay tyson fight. i'd like to see unnecessary rematches stop
    I agree, like options became illegal so should rematch clauses which are normally inserted in by the A side fighter and only applies if they lose.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dillian shouldn't have had a rematch clause with alexander. aj shouldn't have had a rematch clause with oleksandr. there wasn't a need for a third deontay tyson fight. i'd like to see unnecessary rematches stop
    100% . There should only be a rematch if there was any doubt or controversy in the first fight. Everybody putting Fury at #1, and probably rightly so. But all he’s done is beat the same guy 3 times .
    If that guy is crap, it doesn’t prove a lot. What if Wilder were to start losing to everyone? Does that diminish Fury’s ranking?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I agree, like options became illegal so should rematch clauses which are normally inserted in by the A side fighter and only applies if they lose.

TBH, I don't mind rematch clauses... but like everything else they can be misused and abused. What you just mentioned about clauses that only apply if the A-side fighter loses... that one that should be thrown out the window. A B-side fighter that accepts something like that is out to lunch.

Personally, I'm glad we had Fury-Wilder III.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    100% . There should only be a rematch if there was any doubt or controversy in the first fight. Everybody putting Fury at #1, and probably rightly so. But all he’s done is beat the same guy 3 times .
    If that guy is crap, it doesn’t prove a lot. What if Wilder were to start losing to everyone? Does that diminish Fury’s ranking?

Yes it would. But I would bet that won't happen. A focused, more experienced Wilder... even having experienced two bad losses... would most likely not "start losing to everyone." Especially surveying what is the HW landscape today. Wilder would still take 90% of them out.

I see your point though, about Fury only having beaten the same guy 3 times. I've complained about this regarding Fury's resume. It's definitely not enough to warrant ATG talk.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

TBH, I don't mind rematch clauses... but like everything else they can be misused and abused. What you just mentioned about clauses that only apply if the A-side fighter loses... that one that should be thrown out the window. A B-side fighter that accepts something like that is out to lunch.

Personally, I'm glad we had Fury-Wilder III.

Yes it would. But I would bet that won't happen. A focused, more experienced Wilder... even having experienced two bad losses... would most likely not "start losing to everyone." Especially surveying what is the HW landscape today. Wilder would still take 90% of them out.

I see your point though, about Fury only having beaten the same guy 3 times. I've complained about this regarding Fury's resume. It's definitely not enough to warrant ATG talk.
    Fury has to beat AJ and possibly Whyte to be considered the best of this generation.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You serious ?

I think Fury has already proved it but there'll be demand for a Usyk fight after Joshua rematch - barring an unlikely AJ result reversal.

Don't really see Whyte fitting into the picture in proving the best himself the best of this era
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You serious ?

I think Fury has already proved it but there'll be demand for a Usyk fight after Joshua rematch - barring an unlikely AJ result reversal.

Don't really see Whyte fitting into the picture in proving the best himself the best of this era

I was assuming AJ wins the rematch. If he does not then Fury does not need AJ except for a final retiring money fight.

The biggest motivation for Fury is to become undisputed champion. The winner of AJ/Usyk will do that.

Wilder is not enough to count as the best of this generation. Wilder is a poor technical champion.

Whyte has fought and beaten the rest so a victory over him would count a lot more than the other fighters on Fury record outside of Wlad/Wilder.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winner of AJ Usyk - likely Usyk- then he doesn't need to do anything else for me.

Only one out there to beat him is himself.

Wilder was his danger.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

deontay has weak skills & a weak record. tyson won most of the rounds in the first fight. dominated deontay in the second fight. the third fight diminished tyson's ranking in my view. deontay had no defense & nothing left after a few rounds
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Ruiz Jr eyeing up Tyson Fury fight as he reveals plans for January ring return

Andy Ruiz Jr has set his sights on Tyson Fury and the rest of the world’s top heavyweights as he looks towards a return to the ring.

The Mexican is weighing up his options for a January fight, with his original target of Adam Kownacki now looking unlikely after back-to-back defeats for the Polish fighter.

Ruiz though has insisted he has plenty of options for his next bout, and is eyeing up some of the biggest names in the heavyweight division.

The 32-year-old name-checked Fury, Deontay Wilder, Oleksandr Usyk and Dillian Whyte when speaking about his options on the Last Stand Podcast, as well as suggesting a trilogy fight with Anthony Joshua.

"We're still looking but the door is open and there's so many opportunities right now," Ruiz said.

And following on from Fury's knockout of Wilder in Las Vegas, Ruiz is backing himself to come out on top against the Bronze Bomber.

On the possibility of fighting Wilder, Ruiz said: "Yes I do, and I think that would be an amazing fight, me against Deontay Wilder.

"We're both part of the same team, and it's just business.

"I wouldn't mind getting in the ring with him, I'm sure I could beat him."

Ruiz is unlikely to land a major heavyweight bout anytime soon, with the WBC set to order Fury to take on the mandatory challenge of Whyte, while Joshua and Usyk will face off in a rematch in the spring.

And having laboured to victory against Chris Arreola in May in his first fight since his defeat to Joshua at the end of 2019, Ruiz may well have to take on other opponents before getting another shot at a potential title fight.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsm...id=msedgntphdr

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it would be in Wilder's best interests to face an Andy Ruiz fresh off his KTFO defeat at the hands of Fury. Wilder needs a "get back into it" fight first.
    Ruiz right now would present a problem for anyone (save Fury), unless he shows up to a fight again approaching 300 pounds.

Thread Information