Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jr v Liam Williams

what was up with liams punch resistance? if it wasn't for the knockdowns he could have won
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders has slammed his old rival Chris Eubank Jr for having 'the boxing ability of a newly born baby giraffe'.

Eubank Jr convincingly beat Jordan Williams at the weekend on the scorecards in enemy territory to move himself towards another world title fight.

But Saunders was far from impressed by Eubank Jr, who he beat by split decision back in 2014, and said he's still beat him if he was 'half dead'.

He told iFL TV: 'When Eubank can outbox somebody, that's when you know you've had a bad night. His boxing ability is like a baby giraffe just been born come out.

It doesn't matter if I do the weight comfortably or not. I could do the weight half dead and still beat him. So that wouldn't be the issue. He hasn't got what it takes to beat me. He'll box when I'm ready.

'He hasn't really done anything in the game apart from his dad's name where you can let someone call the shots.

'I've tried to deal with them before under Frank Warren, and they're very difficult people to deal with. If they want to talk about it, let them get on the phone and we'll see what they're offering.

'Anybody with any brain knows it'll be Saunders-Eubank. If Kalle wants to get involved, no problem.

'Put an offer forward with the date, place, venue and we'll get the ball rolling. It's not a problem. It's good sitting down, but then you get bored with it.

'I wouldn't be coming back for a fight that's not high-profile, that the thing. It's got to be one of those types of fights that gets you up.'

Saunders has not stepped into the rings since losing against Canelo Alvarez last May, suffering a fractured skull in the defeat.

He has suggested he might retire but the lure of a payday against Eubank Jr could tempt him if a concrete offer is made.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over one million viewers tuned in to see Chris Eubank Jr's victory over Liam Williams in what was the first fight in a blockbuster month of boxing on Sky Sports.

Eubank Jr knocked down Liam Williams four times before going on to secure a unanimous points win in their grudge middleweight contest at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff at the weekend.

Saturday's Fight Night - the first in partnership with BOXXER in 2022 - also saw Claressa Shields successfully defend her IBF, WBA and WBC middleweight titles with a unanimous points win over Ema Kozin.

When is boxing live on Sky Sports?Booking info: Khan vs Brook on Box Office
    The average audience of 585,000 surpassed both Anthony Joshua's 2015 bout with Gary Cornish as well as the fight between Amir Khan and Samuel Vargas in 2018 with a peak audience of 1.05 million on the night.

Sky Sports Head of Boxing Development, Adam Smith, said: "Over one million people watched our big Sky Sports Fight Night in Cardiff - with more big fights to come this month.

"Our audience is growing, and we couldn't be more excited for what's to come "

BOXXER promoter, Ben Shalom, added: "BOXXER and Sky are committed to growing the sport and making boxing accessible.

"We believe in the potential of the sport to grow further. We're working hard with Sky Sports to produce Fight Nights that give huge value to our core boxing audience whilst attracting new audiences."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a travesty that a domestic level dust up like that was Pay Per View.

Can't blame the fighters for going the route of maximum income, but its short-sighted of the promoters to keep running down the PPV rabbit hole. It was free tv that made Eubanks dad a household name so he could fight for millions later on, after he had engaged casual fans. Same with Benn, Watson and the like. Ditto Mike Tyson and so many others.

How is a young up and comer going to impinge on the wider public consciousness, build a fanbase and help to grow and nurture the sport?

In terms of the fight itself, Eubank did what he liked in there, whenever he wanted to. I dont think Chris Jnr is a world beater especially at 33 ..... but Williams was really disappointing. He seemed to lose his head completely and forgot all his boxing. He was just jumping in and leading with his face. He was one paced and so predictable that Eubank just timed him all night.

Leagues below, of course, but it was a bit like Hatton losing all form and turning into a ragged and frantic mess against Pacquiaio.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    It's a travesty that a domestic level dust up like that was Pay Per View.

Can't blame the fighters for going the route of maximum income, but its short-sighted of the promoters to keep running down the PPV rabbit hole. It was free tv that made Eubanks dad a household name so he could fight for millions later on, after he had engaged casual fans. Same with Benn, Watson and the like. Ditto Mike Tyson and so many others.

How is a young up and comer going to impinge on the wider public consciousness, build a fanbase and help to grow and nurture the sport?

In terms of the fight itself, Eubank did what he liked in there, whenever he wanted to. I dont think Chris Jnr is a world beater especially at 33 ..... but Williams was really disappointing. He seemed to lose his head completely and forgot all his boxing. He was just jumping in and leading with his face. He was one paced and so predictable that Eubank just timed him all night.

Leagues below, of course, but it was a bit like Hatton losing all form and turning into a ragged and frantic mess against Pacquiaio.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr v Liam Williams was not PPV it was on the normal subscription channel.

Khan v Brook is PPV.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops, what a schoolboy error. Fucking idiot that I am ......

I am not a Sky sports subscriber, and clearly hadn't bothered to check my facts or engage any critical reasoning before spouting my nonsensical opinion on here.

But how do you KNOW it was on the normal subscription channel, I am not interested in your belief only facts

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr says his team have reached out to the fan who claimed to have bet his 'life savings' on him stopping Liam Williams in Cardiff last weekend.

Eubank Jr got the better of Williams at the Motorpoint Arena on Saturday night, decking his bitter rival four times on the way to a comfortable points win.

However, his unanimous-decision victory came as bad news for one ambitious punter who messaged him on Instagram the day before the fight.

The 32-year-old shared a screenshot of the exchange on his story, in which the fan said: 'Chris I've just unloaded my life savings onto you to win by stoppage don't let me down'.

Eubank Jr captioned the story by writing: 'Now that's some belief right there'.

Unfortunately for the punter, a hand injury prevented his man from capitalising on three early knockdowns to force the stoppage, with Williams instead recovering and going on to hear the final bell.

Speaking about the bet in an interview with The Mirror, Eubank Jr admitted: 'He is probably not in a great place right now and pretty upset.

'I think actually my team may have reached out to him, there is something they may be doing in terms of inviting him to an event or something like that or putting that in place.

'It is unfortunate for him that I hurt my hand and was unable to put weight behind my shots, which is why I boxed a lot more and was more defensive.

'That affected me not getting the finish but it's boxing and you have to deal with it. Good luck to the guy, I'm sure he will be okay.'

While he was disappointed himself not to stop Williams inside the distance, Eubank Jr was fully satisfied with his display as a record 1.05 million viewers tuned in to watch it unfold on Sky Sports.

'Great, the job was done to perfection and it's always an amazing feeling after a fight knowing you did everything right,' he added.

'It has set up all the big fights by making a statement, it was a convincing and dominant performance and it is great to now sit back and relax.

'It's a great achievement to know that I broke a record in terms of viewing figures on free-view TV and it shows how much interest is behind my career.

'People really do love to watch me fight and it is awesome to know. Something like that is going to make them push me harder and set up these big fights.'

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CHRIS EUBANK JR will have to cheer enemy Kell Brook on to beat Amir Khan if he wants the chance to punish him for stealing his dream fight.

In 2016 British ring legend father Chris Sr was in talks with promoter Eddie Hearn for his middleweight son to land a big-money UK fight against world champ Gennady Golovkin.

Talks broke down - with both sides offering up very different versions of events - allowing welterweight Brook to leap up and bank millions with a brave loss.

And 32-year-old Jr - who thoroughly outpointed Liam Williams on Saturday - has kept up the grudge, meaning Brook is high on his hit-list while he waits for his mandatory shot at the WBA title.

But that means he will need the 35-year-old Sheffield veteran - a close ally of his other nemesis Billy Joe Saunders - to triumph in his retirement battle with Khan, 35, on February 19.

“Me and Kell have never been cool,” Eubank Jr told SunSport when asked why that fight appeals. “He is the reason I never fought Golovkin and I have always held that against him. I don’t like the guy.

“On top of that he is best friends with my worst enemy in Billy Joe Saunders, so he is an enemy of mine.

“I actually just don’t like him as a person, the things he says and does and conducts himself as a person, he annoys me, he is annoying to listen to and be around.

“I would like to teach him a lesson for sure and, if that means hoping he wins his next fight, then so be it.”

Moments after the unanimous Cardiff win, welterweight Conor Benn, 25, teased a catchweight clash between the two and confirmed his genuine interest on Wednesday.

But - while Nigel’s 20-0 son fancies a bout at the 11st super-welter middleground - Eubank insists he will not risk his world title bid by boiling down below his regular 11st 6lbs limit and Benn would have to leap up a stone.

The former super-middleweight said: “I will never turn down a fight but I would never cut down to a crazy weight, he would have to come up, absolutely.

“I have served my time in the game, he hasn’t, so it would have to be all on my terms.

“Going down is just not something I need to do at this stage of my career, there are too many good fights at middleweight for me.”

Saunders, who beat Eubank on points in 2014, also reacted to his old rival’s weekend win by demanding £5million to come back from his May Canelo loss for a bitter grudge rematch.

The Brighton ace could have dismissed the trash-talking 32-year-old’s comeback offer but he reckons it’s a fair price as long as he banks even more.

“I am the A-side so, whatever he gets, I will be getting more,” Eubank Jr said.

“But it is a pay-per-view fight, a Wembley stadium fight, so £5m for him is a realistic number because of how much money it would generate.”

It turns out being British boxing’s most hated man is a very lucrative business that Eubank Jr is happy to cash-in on.

“The amazing thing about the position I am in is that there are lots of great fights that are not even world title fights,” he said.

“Kell Brook says he wants to punch my head in, Conor Benn says he wants to beat me up and Saunders wants £5m to fight me.

“They are not world title fights but they are probably bigger than the world title fights that are out there.

“So we are going to get lots of sexy fights very soon, for sure.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17613...ir-khan-fight/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Methinks Chris Jnr was very lucky indeed that the bout with Golovkin fell through.

Kell was a cagey talent and very slippery. Eubank is brave but not especially elusive and that is a bad combination against Golovkin.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Methinks Chris Jnr was very lucky indeed that the bout with Golovkin fell through.

Kell was a cagey talent and very slippery. Eubank is brave but not especially elusive and that is a bad combination against Golovkin.
    Eubank stands a better chance now against an older Golovkin but think he will lose.

I suspect Junior is going to stick to domestic fights and take on BJS, Brook and Benn whilst talking about world level challenges.

Thread Information