Chris Eubank Jr: Billy Joe Saunders knows the fans want the rematch

Chris Eubank Jr wants to face Liam Williams or Billy Joe Saunders after he made a triumphant return to the ring last weekend.

The 32-year-old has endured heartbreak away from the ring after the tragic death of his brother Sebastian, and the former IBO super-middleweight champion produced a solid performance to defeat Wanik Awdijan on Saturday night.

Eubank Jr, who has previously shared the ring with Saunders, stopped the little-known Awdijan in the fifth round after the short-notice replacement retired with a broken rib.

And now he is prepared to give the people what they want - namely, a rematch with Saunders.

Speaking after the fight, he said: “Anybody with a world title, anything the fans want to see me fight…

“A guy that keeps popping up is Liam Williams. Everyone seems to want that fight for me, so that’s an option. You’ve got that rat [Billy Joe] Saunders running around. He wants to fight me for five mil [£5million]."

A fight against Saunders, who lost his WBO super-middleweight crown to Canelo Alvarez earlier this year, seems likely but it remains to be seen if both parties will be able to reach an agreement.

Eubank, 32, wants to fight again in 'December' and added: “The options are endless. All I know, from December, big names, it’s gonna [sic] be a hell of a 12 months.”

Sky Sports pundit Carl Froch said Eubank needs a 'big name' fight and urged his former sparring partner to 'get a move on' with his career after a period of stagnation.

"The Liam Williams fight is a good fight, but he definitely, 100 per cent needs to now get a move on," Froch told Sky Sports.

"We need to see him in there with a big name, or a bigger name. Maybe the Billy Joe Saunders rematch. I quite like that fight.

"When people start pricing themselves out of the fight, that's when you realise that maybe they don't want the fight.

"We need to see Chris Eubank Jr in with a big name and we need to see a performance, because the time is nigh, it really is."

Eubank (31-2, 23 KOs) has won five of his past six contests, highlighted by a second-round knockout of Matt Korobov and a super-middleweight title victory over James DeGale.

Johnny Nelson added: "That's probably wound Billy Joe up, saying he doesn't want the fight, but you never know, it stirs the pot.

"Either Liam Williams or Billy Joe, they are fan fights. They are fights that the fans can really get excited about.

"Then of course, he's got to make sure he nails down a world title fight, whoever the champion is, within the next 12 months."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp