Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jake Paul v Hassim Rahman Jnr

Hashim jr is a pretty hefty guy isn't he, fighting around 220+ I think there's going to be a good amount of weight draining going on in this fight, Jake Paul is fighting around 190 I think so Rahman jr has a month to lose 30 lbs ? Don't think it will go well for jr.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Hashim jr is a pretty hefty guy isn't he, fighting around 220+ I think there's going to be a good amount of weight draining going on in this fight, Jake Paul is fighting around 190 I think so Rahman jr has a month to lose 30 lbs ? Don't think it will go well for jr.
    hasim jr will have to cut a bit, he has been as high as two sixtyish & his last fight was two twentyish. i guess he jumped at the opportunity coming of a loss
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh wow he was at 260 :S. Hashim Dr got up pretty high in weight at Times to, I think he was pushing 280 at times... I haven't seen junior fight but I thought he was fairly respected as a youngster, obviously he's not gone on to achieve a lot by the age of 30 but sounds like he's a proper boxer.. Who knows what he's walking around at.. O liked Hasim sr so I hope junior gives Paul a whipping but I have a. Bad feeling this is a set up.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Oh wow he was at 260 :S. Hashim Dr got up pretty high in weight at Times to, I think he was pushing 280 at times... I haven't seen junior fight but I thought he was fairly respected as a youngster, obviously he's not gone on to achieve a lot by the age of 30 but sounds like he's a proper boxer.. Who knows what he's walking around at.. O liked Hasim sr so I hope junior gives Paul a whipping but I have a. Bad feeling this is a set up.
    hasim jr is pretty poor but i think he had about one hundred amateur fights. in saying that jack was a guy making youtube videos & he has been fighting guys who have fought for vast periods of their lives. i also suspect jack's team have selected hasim jr carefully to showcase jack. i hate to admit this but jack comes in shape & is trying to learn the craft, i have seen other prospects face much softer opposition in their first five fights than jack
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jake Paul has included a 'private' weigh-in on the terms of his deal to fight Hasim Rahman Jr because of the disparity in weight between the pair.

YouTube star turned boxer Paul was scheduled to fight bitter rival Tommy Fury on August 6 at Madison Square Garden, but Rahman stepped in when the Brit was unable to produce proof that he could travel to the US after being turned away whist on route to a press conference for the fight.

Rahman, the son of a former heavyweight champion, is 12-1 as a professional with all of his fights taking place at heavyweight. The 31-year-old has weighed as much as 269lb during his career but last weighed-in at 224lb for his stoppage loss to James Morrison, who is the son of former heavyweight boxer Tommy Morrison.

Rahman will need to lose even more weight to make the cruiserweight limit to face Paul, with Fight Freaks Unite reporting that the pair will be contractually required to weigh no more than 214lbs at 12pm on the day of the fight.

Paul, who has weighed 190lb for most of professional bouts, has sparred Rahman twice before. 'The Problem Child' recently published footage of the pair having a row after one of their sessions, writing: "I’ve wanted this fight ever since Hasim ran his big mouth to me two years ago in the gym.

"My brother and manager didn’t want me to take this fight. They said it was too much risk. The New York State Athletic Commission didn’t want to approve this fight because they said Hasim had too much experience for me. He has over 100 amateur fights. 10x more than Tommy, but I'm built different."

Rahman has insisted that he isn't being paid to lose against Paul and he will become the first man to defeat the 25-year-old. Paul is undefeated in five professional fights and has beaten former UFC champion Tyron Woodley twice, Bellator champion Ben Askren, basketball star Nate Robinson and fellow YouTube star AnEsonGib thus far.

“ Jake Paul and I sparred two years ago and let’s just say I took it easy on the kid,” said Rahman Jr. “August 6 is not a sparring session. I am going to separate him from God’s conscience. My name is Hasim Rahman Jr., and I am going to knock out Jake Paul. Period.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...b6102d38ab1dd3
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

KSI and Jake Paul are going at each other once again on social media ahead of their individual fights next month against Hasim Rahman Jr (Jake Paul) and Alex Wassabi (KSI).

August is gearing up to be a huge month for boxing fans as not only do we have those two stars stepping foot in the ring once again, but we also have Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua 2.

All three events are going to be on pay-per-view, with the pricing already getting people talking, with KSI and Jake Paul having words on Twitter about the cost.

Paul is now taking on 12-1 professional boxer Hasim Rahman Jr after Tommy Fury pulled out of the fight due to restrictions preventing him from travelling to America.

Rahman Jr stepped in at short notice to ensure Paul has a fight on the night, keeping the event going ahead and giving us a huge fight to still soak in on August 6 at Madison Square Garden.

It’s certainly a good test to see where Paul is in his boxing career and ability, going up against a professional fighter who has only lost the one fight to date.

KSI is taking on fellow YouTuber Wassabi on August 27 at the O2 Arena in London, it may not be as big of a clash as Paul’s with no professional fights on the undercard either, but it’s surely going to be a sell-out given the size of the YouTubers.

For the three professional fights at MSG, Paul and his team are charging a huge $59.99 to watch the clash on pay-per-view, with KSI slamming his rival for the pricing, saying: “$60 PPV. I PROMISE you all that my PPV this August 27th will be less than that.”

In response, Paul wasn’t holding back how he felt, quoting KSI’s tweet and putting: “No s**t dummy. You have one ‘win.’ I have five. Coming off KO of the year. You’re fighting an influencer. I’m fighting a 12-1 legit boxer. We are not the same. You shouldn’t charge more than $10.”

In fairness to Paul, the difference in undercards and main event fights is huge in terms of actual boxing. If you’re wanting to watch high level fights with genuine fighters then there’s only one place to be.

This all adds to the hope that Paul and KSI will step in the ring against each other to finally settle their long standing feud.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...1b4d6fee0a9462

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this might be cancelled

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    this might be cancelled
    You tube boxers should step in with real boxers to see how good they really are.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    this might be cancelled
    You tube boxers should step in with real boxers to see how good they really are.
    how would you feel if you lost to the youtube kid though?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The complete crumbling and finger pointing over weight stipulations surrounding this patchworked match is really an indictment on the elites and stars treating their weight divisions as mere suggestions for years now. Just throw 20 percent at it or drop a strap and accept the weight to gain favor etc. Rahman jumped at millions and unrealistic clauses, Jake jumped at scrapping together a prior event that collapsed and stacking the deck fully. Feel bad for professionals on undercard who got the night off too. Showtime needs to rethink itself and what it wants to be about. Likewise, fans and what we'll fall for.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

& right on queue chris eubank jr pipes up

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    this might be cancelled
    how would you feel if you lost to the youtube kid though?
    The professional boxer should immediately retire in shame as Tommy Fury would have done.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i heard jake's promotional company is paying some of the undercard fighters on the cancelled card fifty percent of their purses. the others on the undercard are rescheduling their fights. i have to commend that

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i heard jake's promotional company is paying some of the undercard fighters on the cancelled card fifty percent of their purses. the others on the undercard are rescheduling their fights. i have to commend that
    Apparently he also offered KSI’s opponent money to drop out of his you tube fight out of petty bitchiness because KSI offered to stand in for Rahman and Jake Paul didn’t want it . He’s already beat the other Brother.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Apparently he also offered KSI’s opponent money to drop out of his you tube fight out of petty bitchiness because KSI offered to stand in for Rahman and Jake Paul didn’t want it . He’s already beat the other Brother.
    i also heard that jake paul offered to fight ksi on that card for free & ksi to keep all the revenue & jake paul was wanting ksi to send a contract, take that as you want, people can say what they want, it doesn't automatically make it true

Thread Information