Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jake Paul

So I’ve never been a fan of Jake Paul and these YouTube fighters. I don’t think it does the sport and those who compete in it any good.
    But now he’s fighting a professional Boxer , so it deserves a thread on the Boxing forum.
    I happen to think Fury has sold his soul to the devil and basically admitted he ain’t getting to the top of the sport. But if he loses, there is now way back. Thoughts?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jake Paul v Tommy Fury December 18th.it’s Offical

Is Tommy fury much more of a pro boxer than Jake paul is? This fury looks to have fought similar competition to Jake paul, and his best opponent was an old mma wrestler guy :S... Fair enough he's taking on someone who's being training boxing for a while, I'm slightly interested to see how it goes. I don't mind the paul gits scamming people with their boxing endeavors, they're putting the work in so fair enough... I just don't think they should call out guys they know they'll never fight (Logan Paul calling out alvarez and anyone)... Good luck to them all, I'm not paying for any of it though.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Fury ends the Logan brothers you tube freak show once and for all. The only issue is Fury will get paid so much he may not have the passion to work his way up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t get it at all. I hate to be “that guy” but the influencer aspect of this generation really makes me wonder- people are rich/famous not for being particularly gifted at anything other than having an opinion and being a jack ass. This “fight” is a great example- how many true fighters out there are better and more deserving of a main event PPV fight? Marvin Hagler is rolling over in his grave….

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I don’t get it at all. I hate to be “that guy” but the influencer aspect of this generation really makes me wonder- people are rich/famous not for being particularly gifted at anything other than having an opinion and being a jack ass. This “fight” is a great example- how many true fighters out there are better and more deserving of a main event PPV fight? Marvin Hagler is rolling over in his grave….
    Don’t worry about being “that guy”, you’re spot on. This is the thing that bugs Me. Jake Paul isn’t a terrible Boxer, but he’s earning out of Boxing what World Champions earn.
    It’s never fucking right, and anyone who says “it puts Boxing in the spotlight” is wrong. Are we saying Jake Paul is bigger than Boxing?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury ‘terrorising’ Jake Paul with social media messages before Tommy Fury fight

Tyson Fury has said he has been “terrorising” Jake Paul with social media messages ahead of the YouTube star’s boxing match against the heavyweight champion’s younger brother Tommy.

Paul, who is 4-0 as a professional boxer, will take on Tommy Fury (7-0) in Florida on 18 December, and the latter’s half-brother Tyson is helping to train his sibling for the fight.

“I’ve been terrorising Jake on his inboxes,” Fury told iFL TV.

“They think they’re little talkers, [Jake and brother Logan], but welcome to my world.

“I rule the talking world, me. Not pretend videos and stuff, actually like rule it.”

Fury and his father John accompanied Tommy during Wednesday’s pre-fight press conference, which Paul attended via video call.

Insults were exchanged throughout the chaotic event, but Fury is confident that Tommy will be composed on fight night.

“I know how good Tommy is,” the 33-year-old said. “I’ve seen him knock people spark out in the gym every day. He’s a real banger.

“And when gets one shot on Paul, he’ll be kissing the canvas. Goodnight Vienna. Bye, bye.

“I want a big, old, dirty knockout like Tommy keeps talking about.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tommy Fury pulls out of Jake Paul boxing match which is sad as I wanted to end the you tube boxers.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know it's off now, but I've no idea why this has been billed or touted as Jake Paul finally against a 'proper' boxer. They're both novices with a handful of fights. Fury has a handful of amateur fights under his belt but nothing worth writing home about. If you like Fury is a proper boxer, but on paper only.

I know it leaves a sour taste in the mouth Jake Paul gatecrashing boxing and bringing a non boxing fan base with him. No one had a problem when a football crowd followed Ricky Hatton into the boxing ring. If you put bums on seats whether that be at home (of course they're all at home, live streaming themselves watching a live stream of Paul) or in venue, you get paid accordingly.

That said someone needs to give both the Pauls a hiding. Just to set the record straight. I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on Tommy Fury flying the flag for boxing mind you. It's just as likely to be a complete embarrassment.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jake Paul is fighting?? Where??

Is it PPV? No matter what the cost, I'll save up money to pay for it.

Hell... better yet. I'll fly over and watch it in person.

Geez... I hope it doesn't sell out before I can get tickets!!

Wow... Jake Paul.

Doncha just looove boxing??!!??

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn bluntly tells Jake Paul to his face that he won't be world champion

Eddie Hearn has explained to Jake Paul that he "doesn't think" he can become world champion despite praising him for his boxing career to date.

The pair are currently co-promoting the historic undisputed female clash between Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano and will be in the UK together to attend press events related to the fight.

Hearn promoted Paul's opening professional bout in the ring and the YouTube star has continued his career moving to an undefeated record with five victories.

Paul has explained his desire to become world champion during an appearance on talkSPORT Breakfast : "I was ready to fight a professional boxer, I had a poster up in my gym from Eddie that says 'when are you going to fight a real boxer?' that I look at before I enter the gym.

"It's only been two years since my debut and I have continued to increase my level of opposition. I have a long way to go because I spar against world champions and I have a giant chip on both shoulders to prove everyone wrong and I am going to just for fun."

Hearn was then asked while sat with Paul if he thought his co-promoter could become world champion, to which he responded: "I don't think so, but he likes proving people wrong not gonna lie.

"But there are so many great fighters out there and the problem is with Jake is that he has a wrestling background so he has spent time in combat.

'But he doesn't have a boxing background and it is no disrespect to Jake you can't just turn to boxing and become world champion, but he will of course try to prove us wrong."

Paul then replied: "I think boxers are easier to fight than MMA fighters because they are more predictable and they don't hit as hard. And the can't take as big of a punch."

Hearn and Paul have a great working relationship and have continued to get on well during the early stages of promotion for their historic female fight.

The pair engaged in a comical 'face-off' after the US press conference to promote the clash and were seen chatting afterwards.

Paul has frequently spoken of his desire to become world champion in the sport and believes he is taking the sport more "serious" than his brother Logan.

The YouTube star is yet to face a boxer with a natural background in the sport, despite having planned to meet Tommy Fury before the Briton withdrew with a broken rib injury,

Last year he defeated Ben Askren before beating former UFC champion Tyron Woodley twice while generating an estimated worth of $40 million from his exploits.

He has spoken of his desire to compete with pound-for-pound king Canelo Alvarez and believes the pair could realistically meet within the next three years.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tommy Fury is set to appoint Shane McGuigan as his trainer for the upcoming grudge match against Jake Paul. The pair have been rivals for some time and were originally scheduled to meet in December of last year only for Fury to pull out due to a broken rib and a chest infection.

They will meet on August 6 at Madison Square Garden in New York and Fury has made the decision to pick McGuigan as his cornerman.

John Fury - father of heavyweight champion Tyson Fury as well as Tommy - is unable to attend the fight in America due to visa issues.

It means Tommy has been on the search for a replacement and it is expected to be McGuigan who takes over. The trainer - son of legend Barry McGuigan - has made his own name in the sport as a coach and is regarded as one of the world's best.

He has previously guided Carl Frampton to world glory in two divisions, unified the light welterweight division with Josh Taylor and more recently Lawrence Okolie to the WBO cruiserweight title.

Fury - currently 8-0 as a professional - confirmed the fight last week in a social media post.

"After weeks and weeks of waiting for Jake Paul to sign up to the drugs testing - and potentially putting the fight at risk - he's finally signed up to the drug testing," Fury said.

"We've agreed a contract that we're happy with, so the fight is going ahead and I'll see you August 6." Fury was responding to a post by Paul 24 hours before, accusing him of ducking a potential fight with him.

He said: "Tommy Fury, you pulled out last year. Then you agree to fight me now but your dad is trying to pull you out again?

"We've given you everything you asked for. $2million purse. VADA testing. Tampons. You have 24 hours to clear this up or I will never give you this opportunity." Paul, meanwhile, will be trained by former cruiserweight contender BJ Flores and currently has a record of 5-0, including two wins over former UFC world champion Tyron Woodley.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d9e40d94e41c86

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jake Paul v Tommy Fury

Tyson Fury and Jake Paul have agreed to a $1million bet on the latter’s fight with Tommy Fury this August.

YouTube star Paul has gone 5-0 since beginning his professional boxing career, knocking out each man he has faced – including former UFC champion Tyron Woodley in December.

Woodley was stepping in for Tommy Fury – half-brother of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson – after the Briton withdrew due to illness and injury.

Now American Paul, 25, and Fury, 23, are scheduled to clash at last, with a bout scheduled for 6 August at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Tyson Fury said in a recent interview that he would bet “100 grand” on his younger brother to beat anybody, and Paul called out the “Gypsy King” shortly thereafter.

“Tyson Fury, who made $40m last year, is willing to bet $100,000 on his brother. Oh, my god, we’re shaking,” Paul said in a video on Twitter.

“Hey, Tyson, you f*****g p***y, you made $40m. I know it wasn’t as much as me, but let’s up the ante. Let’s bet $1m on it, Tyson. $2m, $3m. However much you want to f*****g bet, let’s do it. Are you down? Make a deal.

“I can tell when someone’s not confident because these p***y motherf*****s are on Twitter. They’re scared, I can tell when they’re scared. But me, I’m a cold motherf*****, I’ll bet anyone – any time, any place. So, f*** your $100k. Let’s make this a better bet and make it worth a couple million. Are you down?”

Tyson Fury did not take long to respond, accepting Paul’s proposal.

“Hey, Jakey boy, I hear you want to bet a bigger bet than $100,000,” Fury said in a video on his social media channels. “If you want a bigger bet, you want a million dollars, let’s do it. Holler at your boy. You want a million? You got it.

“Hey, Jakey. I want to see this $1m in escrow, sucker, because I don’t think you’ve got a million dollars.

“I’m not talking about crypto, I’m talking about real US green bags motherf*****.”

Tommy Fury is 8-0 as a professional boxer but first became known for his assocation to Tyson and his appearances on the British reality television show Love Island.

He last fought in April, outpointing Daniel Bocianski on the undercard of Tyson’s knockout win against Dillian Whyte at London’s Wembley Stadium.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...514e7059906af9

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“I’ll cut you up and chop you to bits, just like I did to Bocianski),” Fury said. “That lad in there would kill Jake Paul on the spot. He’d slap Jake Paul. Jake Paul, I will end your career. You’re a bum and you’re no good. Let’s get this fight done.”

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jake v hasim rahman jr is a much better challenge. hasim jr fought as an amateur & has sparred good fighters. can we change the thread title?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information