Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jake Paul v Silva

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Never in my life did I imagine we would see so much respect on the recent illustrious championship career of Chavez Jr. in order to legitimize a 50 year old Paul opponent . Literally bizzarro land with this manufactured sideshow Reality tv tbh. The thing is many young fighters went 6-0 7-0 that night. Actual Olympians fighting since they were kids and being tested. But flies attract to the highest and warmest pile. Eventually you have to call out the long con when you see it. Actual debates on Canelo vs Paul ffs
    i've seen worse opponents for their sixth fight by actual olympians. for where jake has come from & where he currently is, is at least on par with other what other prospects do. difference is, jake is making bank to learn on the job
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jake Paul has admitted that fears over Anderson Silva being knocked out in sparring caused pay-per-view sales for their fight to "tank".

YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul, 25, picked up his sixth professional win this past weekend by dropping Silva on the way to a points victory over the UFC legend. 'The Problem Child' had arguably his best outing yet against his toughest opponent, outboxing Silva over eight rounds with the judges scoring it 77-74, 78-73 and 78-73 in his favour.

The fight was in jeopardy just days before the event as Silva revealed he was "knocked out" twice in sparring during the lead-up, only for the Brazilian to state he misspoke and he was instead "knocked down". Paul said this halted all pre-buys for the event as the public thought the fight would be cancelled.

"The pre-buys were going crazy," he said on the Impaulsive podcast. "On Wednesday, when the news came out about Anderson saying he got knocked out [in sparring] or whatever, the fight was in jeopardy and all this press came out, the pre-buys tanked.

Jake Paul has admitted that fears over Anderson Silva being knocked out in sparring caused pay-per-view sales for their fight to "tank".

YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul, 25, picked up his sixth professional win this past weekend by dropping Silva on the way to a points victory over the UFC legend. 'The Problem Child' had arguably his best outing yet against his toughest opponent, outboxing Silva over eight rounds with the judges scoring it 77-74, 78-73 and 78-73 in his favour.

The fight was in jeopardy just days before the event as Silva revealed he was "knocked out" twice in sparring during the lead-up, only for the Brazilian to state he misspoke and he was instead "knocked down". Paul said this halted all pre-buys for the event as the public thought the fight would be cancelled.

"The pre-buys were going crazy," he said on the Impaulsive podcast. "On Wednesday, when the news came out about Anderson saying he got knocked out [in sparring] or whatever, the fight was in jeopardy and all this press came out, the pre-buys tanked.

"The general public sees that and thinks it's not happening. Tommy pulled out, Hasim pulled out. ' Jake Paul can't get an event together, this is done'. It killed ticket sales, we were still selling tickets but that day everything went to zero. It was so annoying."

Paul predicted that pay-per-view buys for his win over Silva will likely not tip over the 300,000 mark, which he described as "upsetting". With all of his previous fights, bar his pro debut, taking place during the Covid-19 outbreak, Paul thinks the timing of his fight with Silva wasn't ideal and he plans for all his future contests to take place in the summer when no other sports are on. "I think it will probably go around 200,000 - 300,000 which is kind of upsetting," Paul added.

"Halloween, World Series and Sunday football. This is the worst time of the year to fight but guess what, I had to fight. All of my fights from now on will be in the summer, there's no sports. There's like this perfect gap in July and early August when there is no sports. All my other fights were during Covid when no one had anything to do and anything to watch. NBA, NFL, nothing was on. I had to fight this year, I just had to get it f****ng done. I was tired of waiting around."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...3ff7b504058ca0
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So...

We're reduced to YouTubers doing boxing. Just like we now have a glut of "exhibition" fights with former boxers now on Medicare wanting to get back in the ring again.

Reminds me of when some NFL players decided to dip their toes into boxing.

Might as well bring back Toughman competitions and dress them up as real boxing.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hasim rahman jr lost a four round decision to greg hardy. jake will be laughing out loud
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

greg also knocked hasim jr down

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    hasim rahman jr lost a four round decision to greg hardy. jake will be laughing out loud
    Nah he's been laughing out loud ever since people started paying to watch.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So...

We're reduced to YouTubers doing boxing. Just like we now have a glut of "exhibition" fights with former boxers now on Medicare wanting to get back in the ring again.

Reminds me of when some NFL players decided to dip their toes into boxing.

Might as well bring back Toughman competitions and dress them up as real boxing.
    Crazy thing is some of those Art Dore Toughman comps and others were more legitimate in a way. There was a niche as some future pros went well forward later. Wasn't Haugen fighting grizzlies in dive bar parking lots at one point . Today they would go on the pro record. Now it's backwards with grifters starting "pro" on the max exposure. The highest pile draws the flies

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we don't need a new thread for jake paul stuff do we? jake paul v tommy fury set for february twenty sixth
    Last edited by TIC; 02-04-2023 at 08:29 PM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jake Paul

Edited thread for anything related to Jake Paul.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Edited thread for anything related to Jake Paul.

Surely this should be in the spam section?

My nine year old grandson clearly thinks Paul is brilliant but then gave us all a good belly laugh by telling us that birds are not real and only land on overhead powerlines to recharge . I had to remind him when he asked 'had we ever seen a baby pigeon' about the wood pigeon eggs that get laid in the trees in our garden every year, which we than watch grow from chicks into birds. That is the same kind of power to erase rational thinking and even real life lived experience Jake Paul manages to inspire in his followers.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was against both the Paul’s when they started boxing because I’m not into “influencers” and YouTube stars and such.

But he did expose the arrogance of MMA participants and fans. They thought they could box just because they train boxing. Now they know. I wanted to see him fight Masvidal too but I knew Dana would never let him take that beating. Now that MMA fans get it it’s time for boxing fans to learn or Jake to learn. But I don’t know how anyone can have a problem with a 6-0 fighter fighting an 8-0 fighter. And as I said in the Yarde fight thread, if he pivots and fights an MMA fight in PFL then the guy deserves respect. Anyone that fights professionals in their discipline deserves respect.

Still won’t like the guy though

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did anyone notice how Tyson Fury was all " Tommy will ko this bum"
    Now he said its the battle of the You tubers, he is covering his tracks as I don't think he is so confident Tommy will win this one now it has been made.
    Lets face it Tommy Fury is garbage, he is living off his family name.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Did anyone notice how Tyson Fury was all " Tommy will ko this bum"
    Now he said its the battle of the You tubers, he is covering his tracks as I don't think he is so confident Tommy will win this one now it has been made.
    Lets face it Tommy Fury is garbage, he is living off his family name.
    I think this is definitely the start of Tyson giving Tommy a leg up on the you tube side of things because they know it’s the only way Tommy is going to make a lot of dough.
    He knows he’s never going to be good enough to make a healthy living the conventional way through being a pro champion.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I was against both the Paul’s when they started boxing because I’m not into “influencers” and YouTube stars and such.

But he did expose the arrogance of MMA participants and fans. They thought they could box just because they train boxing. Now they know. I wanted to see him fight Masvidal too but I knew Dana would never let him take that beating. Now that MMA fans get it it’s time for boxing fans to learn or Jake to learn. But I don’t know how anyone can have a problem with a 6-0 fighter fighting an 8-0 fighter. And as I said in the Yarde fight thread, if he pivots and fights an MMA fight in PFL then the guy deserves respect. Anyone that fights professionals in their discipline deserves respect.

jake also seems to do right by the fighters he promotes & puts real fighters on his cards

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

jake also seems to do right by the fighters he promotes & puts real fighters on his cards

He's done right by Amanda Serrano, so that to me is a plus.

Jake as a "boxer" though... not so much.

Thread Information