Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury vs Whyte is being pushed by WBC

Tyson Fury's promoter Bob Arum believes Dillian Whyte is behaving like 'a damn fool'

Dillian Whyte has been accused by Bob Arum of behaving like ‘a damn fool’ for demanding more money to promote his fight with Tyson Fury.

Fury’s UK-based promoter Frank Warren paid a record £30.6million to win the purse bid – £24.5million of which will go to the Gypsy King – for the fight.

Whyte, 34, will reportedly earn a career-best £6million plus another £4million if he somehow manages to beats Fury for the WBC heavyweight title, despite being a huge underdog.

But the Body Snatcher has so far refused to sign his contract as he wants a bigger slice of the pie that’s currently on offer.

However Arum, who co-promotes Fury with Warren, is apparently fed-up with the latest attempt to try to get more money out of him.

Arum told Warren’s Queensberry Promotions‘ YouTube channel: “He’s trying to get more money. Simple as that. He’s trying to hold us up.

“One thing when you win a purse bid, it says that the fighters will help in ways to promote.

“Well that’s sort of ambiguous. And most fighters, because they’re professional they will promote.

“Now he’s saying, ‘I want extra money to promote, because you’re stuck paying me what the purse bids said which is 7.3 million dollars and I want some more money from you to get out there and promote.'”

Arum continued: “And our position is, well we’re not going to give it to you. Now, if the fight does enormously well, yeah we’ll give you a taste at the backend where everybody has made money.

“But we’re not going to be put in a position where you’re threatening us, that you’re not going to participate in the promotion. If he doesn’t, he’s a damn fool.

“Because again, there’s always tomorrow and even if he loses the fight, which he figures to do, by participating in the promotion he builds his own image and his own career.

“And secondly and even more important, he really needs the exposure from this big fight and his threat is, that he’s not going to avail himself to that exposure.”

Arum also played down Whyte’s chances of beating Fury and becoming world champion but admitted he is a ‘dangerous’ opponent.

He added: “Yeah, it is a dangerous fight, you know that.

“Whyte is a good puncher, he’s very competitive, but I’ve said to everybody that Tyson Fury is the best heavyweight out there, by far and wide.

“That doesn’t mean that he can’t be beat, because any man can be beat, but I don’t think he’ll be beat.

“But is Whyte dangerous? Yeah, but again, so was Wilder. Very, very dangerous, and Fury three times did his business with Wilder.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TICK TOCK Tyson Fury says Dillian Whyte has just three days left to sign contract for world heavyweight title showdown

According to Tyson Fury, the window is closing for Dillian Whyte to sign the contract for their WBC heavyweight title fight.

Frank Warren won the purse bids for Queensbury Promotions a few weeks ago with a record bid of around $41 million.

Given the 80/20 split in favour of the champion, that means Whyte stands to make around $8million from the bout.

However, The Body Snatcher has remained quiet since Warren secured the fight and all that’s left to do is sign the contract.

Fury had a message for Whyte on social media on Wednesday morning and it seems as though time is running out.

“Good morning Morecambe Bay! Dillian Whyte, you little sucker. You’ve got three days left b****. Sign the contract p****!”

According to Whyte’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, there’s no reason to believe he won’t be taking this fight.

“Sure, he’s just training,” said Eddie Hearn to MMA Hour when asked if Dillian Whyte will take the fight with Tyson Fury.

“I think there’s a way to deal with Fury.

“I think sometimes going on the quiet side personally [is the way to go]. Do you really want to get into a slagging match with Tyson Fury and lose all that energy? Do your work, do your training and go and knock him out.

“This is a shot that he’s been working for a long time,” said Hearn about Whyte.

“There are no conversations going on between us right now. ‘Oh, should we go in another direction?’ There is no other direction. This is the fight.”

However, on the other side of the spectrum, Fury’s US promoter Bob Arum has suggested that Whyte is not participating in the promotion of the fight because he wants more money.

“He’s trying to get more money, simple as that,” the 90-year-old told the Queensberry Promotions YouTube channel. “He’s trying to hold us up.

“One thing when you win a purse bid, it says that the fighters will help in ways to promote.

“Well that’s sort of ambiguous. And most fighters, because they’re professional, they will promote.

“Now he’s saying, ‘I want extra money to promote, because you’re stuck paying me what the purse bids said which is $7.3million and I want some more money from you to go out there and promote’.

“And our position is, ‘well we’re not going to give it to you’. Now, if the fight does enormously well, yeah we’ll give you a taste at the back end where everybody’s made money.

“But we’re not going to be put in a position where you’re threatening us, to not participate in the promotion. If he doesn’t, he’s a damn fool.

“Because, again, there’s always tomorrow and even if he loses the fight, which he figures to do, by participating in the promotion he builds his own image and his own career.

“And secondly and even more important, he really needs the exposure from this big fight and his threat is that he’s not going to avail himself to that exposure.”

The target for Fury v Whyte is April 23 at Wembley Stadium, it just needs to be signed off.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-fight-boxing/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren has branded Eddie Hearn a "kid" as the pair's row over Tyson Fury's clash with Dillian Whyte continues.

Fury will defend his belt against Whyte on April 23 after Warren trumped Hearn's purse bid with a £31million offer to stage the clash.

A furious row has continued between the promoters with Hearn now claiming Fury could have issues with gaining a boxing licence in the UK.

Warren has now confirmed the fight will take place and has claimed the only issue will be Whyte not signing the contract.

"The fight is on; all this nonsense about Tyson and the license... what planet are we on here?," Warren told iFL TV.

"People need to pay less attention to the bull**** that is said, it is like some kid not getting his sweets or something or taking his toy from him. Come on please we know where we are with this one.

"The fight is on we are only waiting for one person that is holding up everything at the moment and that is Dillian. If he doesn't sign the contract we will move on.

"Why he keeps saying all this c***, I don't know why he just worries about a fight that he has control over which is AJ's rematch with Usyk. I don't know why he also keeps talking about

Warren and Hearn have been going back-and-forth over a step aside deal involving Anthony Joshua to allow Fury to face Usyk.

However talks collapsed which ensured purse bids to continue as planned for Fury's defence against Whyte.

Hearn heaped blame on Fury for the collapse of talks claiming that the 'Gypsy King' wanted to take an interim fight before any potential clash with Usyk.

But Fury responded by claiming that Joshua demanded more money than the original £15m offer so opted against pursuing the deal.

Do you think the fight between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte will be confirmed? Let us know in the comments section below

Whyte will now face Fury for the title providing he signs the contract before the deadline on Saturday.

The champion has issued a warning to Whyte regarding the deadline on social media as tension continues to rise over the challenger's silence.

However Hearn expects Whyte to sign the deal before the deadline and has confirmed he will only be involved with the promotion if called upon.

Warren has since revealed talks are going exclusively through Whyte's lawyer and continued to hit out at Hearn for his "talk" surrounding the heavyweight clash.

“He wouldn’t win the purse bid, we wouldn’t put any money in," Warren added. "He has no involvement unless we’re told otherwise.

“All the time he says lots of things and to be quite honest, he’s got nothing to do with this fight, it’s all irrelevant.

“The fight is a three-way thing: it’s Queensberry, Top Rank and Tyson Fury, that’s all we care about and that’s where it’s at."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...oxing-26254267

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't work out if Whyte's radio silence, and Fury's resulting daily Instagram videos are hysterical or pathetic. Then Big John got on the case

What is utterly pathetic is how boxing media outlets will lap up these 10 second video clips of Fury calling someone or another a dosser for the 10,000th time and regurgitate it as 'content'. Fucking shambles. I hate them all.

I hope Dillian signs. I hope he stays silent.

He'll be given no chance. I think he's got a better one than that.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dillian has finally signed. fight is set for april twenty third. easy knockout for tyson
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sign the contract you dosser!!!!

Dillian Whyte does nothing wrong, signs said contract within the allotted time.

You signed the contract. What a dosser!!!!

I'm amazed these Fury fan boy muppets still find this schtick entertaining.

Lets pretend that this actually means the fight will happen and there are no further issues. Fury the favourite obviously. But I'm not buying this God like narrative because he beat the same bloke three times. Great drama no doubt. Great comeback story too. But it was a good old fashioned spit and sawdust brawl with limited skill on display. They both looked like dogshit. Put my head on the block and I'd pick Fury. Whyte's a live dog though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think Fury can stop Whyte he does not have the one punch power to do it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No he doesn't have the one punch power to do it - we know this.

But he can wear him down as he did Wilder.

If he's on his game he wins this every time. Himself and complacency are the only possible doubts over him winning this one.

April seems a bit soon mind - unless they're already aware and in training prep somewhere.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be Fury hardest fight, Wlad was not at his best on the night for whatever reason it does not really matter, so hope he takes it seriously and does not get complacent.

Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts and was found out to be one dimensional with no plan B.

Fury does not have any other names that are better than Whyte on his record. Whyte will take it to Fury and will test his stamina and conditioning. This will be a good and huge fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is now doing a 'media blackout' Please respect his privacy whilst he trains for "another" (you'd think he's made dozens) title defence.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This will be Fury hardest fight, Wlad was not at his best on the night for whatever reason it does not really matter, so hope he takes it seriously and does not get complacent.

Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts and was found out to be one dimensional with no plan B.

Fury does not have any other names that are better than Whyte on his record. Whyte will take it to Fury and will test his stamina and conditioning. This will be a good and huge fight.
    Balance is one thing, but pure nailed on bias is another.
    1. Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts?? Undeserved in what way? Hey, nobody is less of a fan of Wilder on here, but Wilder was and had been for a long time, World Champion before the first (and second for that matter) fight.
    2. “ Fury does not have any other names that are better than Whyte on his record. ” uhm , what? Wlad ? Wilder ? You may think Whyte is better than Wilder, I might even think it, but Wilder has been a champion. Some people (wrongly) think he’s the biggest punching HW Ever!
    I had to read your post many times to make sure I wasn’t reading it wrong and making myself look silly.
    Keep it real Mate, for fucks sake.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dillian will get manhandled worse than deontay
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

1. Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts?? Undeserved in what way? Hey, nobody is less of a fan of Wilder on here, but Wilder was and had been for a long time, World Champion before the first (and second for that matter) fight.
    2. “ Fury does not have any other names that are better than Whyte on his record. ” uhm , what? Wlad ? Wilder ? You may think Whyte is better than Wilder, I might even think it, but Wilder has been a champion. Some people (wrongly) think he’s the biggest punching HW Ever!
    I had to read your post many times to make sure I wasn’t reading it wrong and making myself look silly.
    You did not read it long enough.

1. Wilder got out boxed 10 rounds to 2 in their first fight and it was a robbery that Fury lost. The 2nd fight was an annihilation and one way brutal beating that did not require a 3rd bout. The 3rd fight was Wilder's best performance and that was still awful he gassed after the first round.

Sure Wilder knocked down Fury but so has Pajkic and Cunningham. Tyson gets careless.

2. I wrote "other" names meaning other than Wilder and Wlad.

I am keeping it real.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren has said that scoring controversies are “killing the credibility of boxing” and that he does not want British judges for the fight between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte.

The promoter’s comments come in the wake of the Josh Taylor’s win over Jack Catterall, which was scored the champion’s way in a split decision after a fight that Catterall appeared to have the better of.

The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) are investigating the scoring of the fight, particularly that of judge Ian John-Lewis.

With Whyte and Fury due to face one another in a high-profile heavyweight clash at Wembley Stadium in April, it would be expected that an all-British encounter would be overseen by a home referee and panel of judges.

But The Times reports that Warren has written to the BBBoC to say he does not want British officials appointed, and urged the organisation to “downgrade” the “incompetent” judges.

“This has to stop, it was terrible for Jack [Catterall] and is killing the credibility of boxing,” Warren wrote.

“If they were football referees they would be downgraded but what happens – they move on to the next show without any accountability.

“I do not want British officials for Fury-Whyte.

“As our governing body, stop this chummy jobs for the boys and do something for the sake of our sport, the Jack Catteralls, and downgrade these incompetent officials.”

Whyte is not expected Tuesday’s press conference ahead of the 23 April fight.

The 33-year-old will challenge the unbeaten Fury for his WBC and The Ring heavyweight titles.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d=winp1taskbar

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

You did not read it long enough.

1. Wilder got out boxed 10 rounds to 2 in their first fight and it was a robbery that Fury lost. The 2nd fight was an annihilation and one way brutal beating that did not require a 3rd bout. The 3rd fight was Wilder's best performance and that was still awful he gassed after the first round.

Sure Wilder knocked down Fury but so has Pajkic and Cunningham. Tyson gets careless.

2. I wrote "other" names meaning other than Wilder and Wlad.

I am keeping it real.
    Yes I did.
    1. You said Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts. Your words , look back.
    2. It read as other than Whyte, because you used Whyte in the sentence.
    Be clearer. Must try harder. B-
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information