1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury vs Whyte is being pushed by WBC

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This will be Fury hardest fight, Wlad was not at his best on the night for whatever reason it does not really matter, so hope he takes it seriously and does not get complacent.

Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts and was found out to be one dimensional with no plan B.

Fury does not have any other names that are better than Whyte on his record. Whyte will take it to Fury and will test his stamina and conditioning. This will be a good and huge fight.
    Balance is one thing, but pure nailed on bias is another.
    1. Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts?? Undeserved in what way? Hey, nobody is less of a fan of Wilder on here, but Wilder was and had been for a long time, World Champion before the first (and second for that matter) fight.
    2. “ Fury does not have any other names that are better than Whyte on his record. ” uhm , what? Wlad ? Wilder ? You may think Whyte is better than Wilder, I might even think it, but Wilder has been a champion. Some people (wrongly) think he’s the biggest punching HW Ever!
    I had to read your post many times to make sure I wasn’t reading it wrong and making myself look silly.
    Keep it real Mate, for fucks sake.
    You did not read it long enough.

1. Wilder got out boxed 10 rounds to 2 in their first fight and it was a robbery that Fury lost. The 2nd fight was an annihilation and one way brutal beating that did not require a 3rd bout. The 3rd fight was Wilder's best performance and that was still awful he gassed after the first round.

Sure Wilder knocked down Fury but so has Pajkic and Cunningham. Tyson gets careless.

2. I wrote "other" names meaning other than Wilder and Wlad.

I am keeping it real.
    Yes I did.
    1. You said Wilder had 3 undeserved attempts. Your words , look back.
    2. It read as other than Whyte, because you used Whyte in the sentence.
    Be clearer. Must try harder. B-
    OK, 2 undeserved attempts.

I mentioned Wlad and Wilder above to highlight I meant other than them.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte 23rd April 2022

Tyson Fury says he will quit boxing after world title defence against Dillian Whyte

Tyson Fury revealed that his fight with Dillian Whyte would be his last as he accused his opponent of “showing a white flag” for failing to attend a news conference at Wembley Stadium in advance of their World Boxing Council heavyweight showdown on April 23.

Fury said: “This is the final fight of my career, I’m retiring after this. $150 million in the bank, healthy, young, I’m gonna buy a massive yacht abroad. I’m retiring, I’m out, this is my final fight, I’m done.”

Fury, who said he wanted to spend more time with his wife and six children, also reserved special praise for the three fellow heavyweight world champions, Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko, and Oleksandr Usyk, for joining the war effort in their native Ukraine.

Undefeated Fury’s defence of the WBC crown against mandatory challenger Whyte is being seen as the biggest all-British heavyweight spectacle since Lennox Lewis knocked out Frank Bruno in Cardiff 27 years ago, but it was a bizarre afternoon at the national football stadium as the champion took on all the promotional duties in Whyte’s absence. Frank Warren, Fury’s promoter, branded Whyte’s no-show as “disgraceful and not professional”.

He explained that Whyte’s team had requested extra payment “for promoting the fight” beyond the 80/20 split ordered by the WBC sanctioning body in favour of the champion after the British promoter won the purse bid a month ago with a record-breaking £31 million.

Fury will earn £25 million for the fight, while Whyte is set for the biggest payday of his career, £6 million. “Whyte will come to regret this. It’s a huge occasion and he is not here. But I’m not concerned. This is the Tyson Fury Roadshow. It is never about the opponent,” Fury said.

Fury added, nonetheless, that his mandatory challenger was being taken as seriously as any opponent he has faced in an unbeaten 32-fight career. “He’s a game guy, a tough fighter, and he ranks in the top 10 of the opponents I have faced. They always have a puncher’s chance [against me]. If I can’t look like Muhammad Ali boxing this guy then I’m in the wrong position and I’m not as good as I think I am. There’s a gulf in class. You’re going to see a boxing masterclass, the Ferrari racing the Vauxhall Corsa.”

Warren said: “We agreed the fight under the terms of the contract. Then he wanted to renegotiate. We offered Whyte a private jet to fly here, and the answer was still ‘no’. I have never heard of a fighter not turning up to publicise a fight. It’s a disgrace. It’s the biggest payday of his career. He is in Portugal and it is very disappointing.”

On the Klitschko brothers and Usyk, Fury said: “It’s fantastic. I’ll be the first one to join up if England get involved or America.”

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte is live on BT Sport Box Office on April 23

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I've said before I think this will be a good fight. Far from the foregone conclusion others see it as. Assuming they make it to the ring. Funny how often that caveat has to be included isn't it?

But the build up is going to be fucking torture. Every Tom Dick and Harry sticking a camera in John or Tommy Fury's face so they can sound off every five minutes. Tyson's 'media blackout' that lasted all of five seconds. Bob and Frank sitting in their ivory towers at every opportunity telling us all how terrible and unprofessional everyone else in boxing is. Not them though. As pure as the driven snow the pair of them.

The more I think about it the more I appreciate Dillian keeping his mouth shut and not turning up for the media. It's one less source of repetitive bullshit we have to live through. If he'd been smart though, he would have cited car trouble and a dead smart phone as reason for his no show. That is a perfectly valid reason for not attending a press conference as Tyson well knows. OK that's a load of bollocks. We all know he didn't show for the Wlad rematch presser because he already knew it was dead in the water. But still. Good for the goose and all that...
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talk Sport Radio have coverage of the fight and will promote it to the hilt.

No way is this Fury last fight either. He will do and say anything to fill out Wembley.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury causes a stir as drugs cheat Jarrell Miller joins camp for Dillian Whyte fight

World champion Tyson Fury has made the headlines after drafting in the help of disgraced heavyweight Jarrell Miller to help him prepare for his all-British bout against Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium. The WBC champion will put his belt on the line as he is set to participate in his first UK fight since 2018.

Fury last fought in a brutal grudge trilogy against Deontay Wilder, knocking the Bronze Bomber out in Las Vegas last October. It was an emphatic way to emerge triumphant from their feud - and he has a new sparring partner to help ready himself for his British return.

The 33-year-old was dealt a setback when training partner Jared Anderson, who was booked to fight on the undercard, picked up an injury and was forced to drop out of the event. Fury has announced a replacement though, with Miller coming in just three weeks from the clash with Whyte.

Given the American is currently banned from competing in the ring, Miller's selection is a controversial one. The 33-year-old failed three drugs tests ahead of his clash with Fury's rival Anthony Joshua in 2019 - with Andy Ruiz Jr brought in as a late replacement before securing a stunning upset win.

Miller escaped a more severe punishment as it emerged his boxing licence had expired, so the New York State Athletic Commission were unable to impose a ban. Having signed with Top Rank, Miller was set to fight Jerry Forrest a few months later but tested positive for banned substances cardarine and endurobol.

He was then handed a backdated two-year ban, which he has been serving since December 2020. Miller will soon be allowed to return to the professional arena - and could even face his new sparring partner Fury.

However, news of his arrival within Fury's camp was not particularly positive. Once TalkSport reporter Michael Benson revealed Fury had brought in Miller, several fans voiced their disappointment and frustration on social media.

Everything Boxing (@EverythingBoxi2) quote tweeted the news, and wrote: "That is a horrible look for boxing."

It appears Miller's drug ban remains a sour taste in many fans' mouths ahead of Fury's clash with Whyte at Wembley Stadium on April 23.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...4cdb36280a33a1

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Drug cheat, using a two time drug cheat, in preparation for a two time drug cheat. It all makes perfect sense. No need for any faux outrage. Boxing doesn't give a shit. Why should anyone else.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Drug cheat, using a two time drug cheat, in preparation for a two time drug cheat. It all makes perfect sense. No need for any faux outrage. Boxing doesn't give a shit. Why should anyone else.
    That is the sorry state of it. Mental really with Fury so deluded he probably even believes his own story. Whyte may well end up waking him up a bit which again would be quite funny and ironic given the stick Fury dishes out.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the maximum capacity has been extended to ninety four thousand?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The undercard looks like a right car crash. I don't think anyone will be surprised by that. He's probably got about 25 quid left in the budget to put on the remainder of the promotion. Lowe Ball (Ironic) is apparently for the WBC Silver trinket. Not sure if that was always the case or if it's been shoe horned in so Frank can be Frank and claim a second 'wuwled tidal' fight on the card.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really been paying much atte! ntion to this one but what's going on with the rumours that whyte might pull out. Also hearing ruiz has been put on stand by. Again maybe just rumours.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Eddie put out an April fools post saying Whyte will pull out and people being idiots took the bait and continued to peddle the 'story' long after it was funny. It was funny whilst it was in Eddies head and only funny to Eddie.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    the maximum capacity has been extended to ninety four thousand?
    Warren desperately trying to recoup the money he overspent on this fight. He has little money for the under card and Whyte is not even trying to sell the event as his payment is set.

Looks like Fury will have to try and save/sell the day.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury's US promoter Bob Arum vows to 'cut ties' with Daniel Kinahan companies

Tyson Fury's co-promoter has vowed to cut all ties with alleged crime boss Daniel Kinahan after the US government a $5 million bounty on the Irishman. Kinahan, who has previously been named by the High Court of Ireland as a senior figure in organised crime on a global scale, has long been associated with Fury and his team, and was a key figure in the initial negotiations for the Fury v Anthony Joshua bout that began in 2020.

That clash never went ahead after Deontay Wilder intervened, ultimately winning a court ruling that ordered Fury was duty bound to fight him next. Prior to that development though, 'The Gypsy King' had publicly thanked Kinahan for helping to broker the agreement, saying: "Big shout-out Dan, he got this done, literally over the line, two-fight deal, Tyson Fury versus Anthony Joshua next year."

This was depsite Kinahan claiming he had cut all ties with his company, MTK Global, in 2017. In the past, as well as Fury, he's acted as an advisor for Billy Joe Saunders. He was also photographed with the WBC champion recently in Dubai.

Now though, Irish police commissioner Drew Harris said anyone in boxing who deals with Kinahan are involving themselves with serious criminals: "What was implicit before, and what some individuals could choose to ignore, is absolutely explicit - if you deal with the individuals who are sanctioned as part of the Kinahan organised crime gang, you are dealing with criminals engaged in drug trafficking," he said via The Guardian.

"And, indeed, as we have seen here very tragically in Ireland and also in Spain, murderous feuds [and people] who will resort to vicious actions up to and including murder." And now Bob Arum, who promotes Fury alongside Frank Warren, has pledged to end all relations with Kinahan and his companies.

American sport reporter Lance Pugmire quoted him as saying: "We won't have anything to do with Probellum and we're looking to cut whatever ties we have with MTK." BT Sport, Sky, the BBC and TalkSport, all of whom have covered Fury's fights and other boxers associated with MTK, have also been warned by police.

The saga has overshadowed the build-up to Fury's next fight, his title defence against Dillian Whyte on April 23. On Tuesday, the Manchester man was accused of treating his opponent and fans "like s**t" by his brother, Dean Whyte.

'The Body Snatcher' is seemingly livid over what he considers an inadequate spilt purse. As a result, he refused to attend the press conference to promote the fight on March 1.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...e734b6ae630ffd

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob ethically agrees to not have anything to do with the drug guy the minute it would mean the FBI sanctioning his company, freezing his bank accounts and sending forensic accountants through every piece of paperwork going back to the statute of limitations.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte camp responds to possibility of replacement stepping in for Tyson Fury fight

Dillian Whyte’s brother Dean has insisted there is no need for a replacement fighter for next week’s bout against Tyson Fury.

Fury and Whyte are set to meet for the WBC heavyweight title at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 23 April after a bad-tempered build-up.

Representatives from both camps have been involved in a series of disputes over various contractual issues with Whyte refusing to appear at a press conference last month.

Fury’s promoter Frank Warren revealed last week they have an unnamed fighter ready to step in should Whyte pull out of the fight on late notice – although the Queensberry Promotions chief added there were no suggestions of that happening.

Whyte’s brother Dean insists however the Brixton heavyweight is ‘raring to go’.

‘It’s surprising that they’ve lined up a substitute, although maybe not that surprising if you consider the magnitude of the fight and how much money they have spent on it,’ Whyte told BoyleSports.

‘Maybe they feel discussions with the team aren’t going well and Dillian’s silence, maybe that’s giving them some reservations that Dillian might not turn up.

‘But he’s training very hard, he’s putting all of the work in in the gym. And all of the talking is going to be left to be done in the ring.

‘Dillian is mentally in great shape, physically he’s in great shape. He’s ready and raring. He’s all smiles but he’s serious underneath, he knows he’s got a task at hand.

‘We know our game plan and we’re going to go out there and impose what we need to impose.’

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...2e3107d0167969

Thread Information