5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte 23rd April 2022

Could it really happen this time, or kicked into the long grass by Fury

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16591...yson-fury-wbc/

DILLIAN WHYTE is set to be officially ordered to fight Tyson Fury after the WBC received 'medical certification' of his shoulder injury.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury vs Whyte is being pushed by WBC

Whyte has never been the mandatory which is why Wilder was never forced to face him.

Whyte chose harder and more riskier opponents because he was Sky PPV. Whyte chose money and glory over politics of being made mandatory.

The fight between Fury v Whyte should happen next. AJ lost to Usyk so they are tied up for the early part of 2022.

Fury needs a big fight and this is a good domestic match-up that should motivate him to get back in the ring.

If the WBC had anyone else available they would try, as Whyte has not always followed what they have mandated but there is no one else worthy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Whyte has never been the mandatory which is why Wilder was never forced to face him.

Whyte chose harder and more riskier opponents because he was Sky PPV. Whyte chose money and glory over politics of being made mandatory.

The fight between Fury v Whyte should happen next. AJ lost to Usyk so they are tied up for the early part of 2022.

Fury needs a big fight and this is a good domestic match-up that should motivate him to get back in the ring.

If the WBC had anyone else available they would try, as Whyte has not always followed what they have mandated but there is no one else worthy.
    Think your right, sad but true... Fury Vs Usyck is the only championship fight out there worth watching, thats why we probably wont see it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's only ooonnneeee...Tyson Fureeeeeeee!!!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Fury explains why he’s the reason Dillian Whyte withdrew from Otto Wallin fight and tells ‘Bodysnatcher’ to ‘be nice’ to son Tyson

John Fury believes Dillian Whyte pulled out of his fight with Otto Wallin after taking his sage advice.

‘The Bodysnatcher’ was set to headline a stacked card at the 02 Arena on October 30 against the Swedish heavyweight contender, yet pulled out with a shoulder injury.

It leaves Whyte, still with the WBC interim heavyweight championship, in pole position to challenge Fury’s son Tyson for his full heavyweight crown.

The ‘Gypsy King’ knocked out Deontay Wilder in October to retain his position as the best heavyweight on the planet, with Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua locked in for a 2022 rematch.

One of the hardest nights of Fury’s career thus far came against Wallin, when he was left requiring 47 stitches surrounding a cut by his left eye.

Although Fury Sr was not present in Las Vegas to witness that tough test in September 2019, he believes his son struggled for a reason and that Wallin would have presented real danger.

“Dillian Whyte has pulled out from Otto Wallin. You know why? He listened to what I said,” he told BT Sport.

“He’s thought ‘hang on a minute. John knows his stuff, I’m not fighting Wallin. I’m going to get turned over probably, I won’t get my title shot then.’

“It takes them to listen to my videos, it’s all on, and then he hears me talking about Wallin – because Wallin is a danger to anybody. You know, and he thought ‘I’m not having that smoke, I’ll wait, I’ll wait.’ Let’s just see what he’s waiting for.”

Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn have both told talkSPORT they expect Whyte vs Fury to be made, but John Fury suggested the Brixton-native should try a different approach to calling out the heavyweight champ if he wants to be next.

“Tyson is in a different league to these heavyweights,” he added. “Different. But if you want to get a payday, be nice to him.

“Say nice things about him and he might just give you a payday. But if you keen being horrible to him, and trying to big yourself up to be this that and the other to make a fight, Tyson will go the other way and give someone else the opportunity.

“Dillian Whyte, be nice to Tyson, start blowing smoke up his you know what and you might get a shot, kid.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...lin-son-tyson/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury could face Joe Joyce in an alternative heavyweight clash if he cannot agree a bout with WBC interim champion Dillian Whyte.

The 'Gypsy King' is currently pondering his next challenge after dismissing Deontay Wilder in a historic clash to end their trilogy.

And he was set to be ordered to face WBC mandatory challenger Whyte at the organisation's convention, but there will now be a delay with the 'Body Snatcher's' legal dispute with the sanctioning body rumbling on.

But Fury could have an alternative opponent within reach after domestic rival Joyce was declared as the No.2 heavyweight in the WBC rankings.

He was ranked below Fury's three-time rival Wilder and Whyte who is the leading contender as interim champion.

The 'Juggernaut' is currently the mandatory challenger for the WBO belt held by Oleksandr Usyk after cementing his status as a top contender with a stoppage victory over Carlos Takam.

And he rose to world-level with a shock victory over Queensberry Promotions stablemate Daniel Dubois to put a dent in his meteoric rise.

Joyce has frequently spoken about his relationship with Fury having sparred the 'Gypsy King' during various points in his career.

And lineal champion Fury is certainly a fan of Joyce's heavyweight credential, viewing him as his biggest domestic rival ahead of Anthony Joshua, according to his co-promoter Frank Warren.

"Tyson said that he’s [Joyce] the best one out there," Warren told Sky Sports. "That’s what Tyson’s opinion was. Can he go all the way? Yes he can. He’s got a good ticker, a big heart. He’s strong, he walks forwards, he is the ‘Juggernaut.'

"Whoever he’s in there with, you know they will have a problem getting rid of him. He’s a tough guy. He can fight a bit. He can punch."

Fury is uncertain of his next foe after hinting at the possibility of hanging up his gloves with his glistening career reaching its pinnacle last month.

But he had previously agreed to meet domestic rival Joshua before he was forced to arrange his trilogy bout with Wilder, collapsing a deal worth more than £100million.

However that will not be his next task with Joshua set to fight for redemption in a rematch after losing his unified titles to pound-for-pound contender Usyk in September.

And Fury's promoter Bob Arum has admitted that the 'Gypsy King' is more interested in facing the Ukrainian in an undisputed tilt, than he is defending his undefeated status against Whyte.

Arum told Sky Sports : "The alternative is that if Joshua decides not to exercise his rematch against Usyk and decides to step aside, the fight we would like to make is between Usyk and Fury.

"That is a fight to unify the titles once and for all. Then Joshua can fight the winner of the undisputed fight. Whyte can stand in line and fight the winner ultimately.

"That's what Tyson would like. And I represent Tyson. That is his preference. If they want to fight each other, which I believe they do? I would facilitate it."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ative-25481214

Thread Information