Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte 23rd April 2022

Boxing fans in America must pay $70 to watch Tyson Fury take on Dillian Whyte

American fans will have to shell out $70 to watch next week's world heavyweight title fight between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte on pay-per-view.

The massive clash between Fury and Whyte will take place at Wembley Stadium, Fury's first fight back in the UK since his first meeting with Deontay Wilder in 2018.

But despite an early start-time that will likely see the main event take place in the late afternoon for most, the PPV will still cost more than twice what it will for UK viewers.

However, the $70 price point for the PPV event is a step down from what fans in America are used to paying for Fury events. His two rematches with Wilder cost $79.99, while their first meeting cost $75, meaning that it's slightly discounted from normal.

The event will cost £25 in the UK, which amounts to around $33. This major disparity is generally due to PPV boxing events being bought for viewing parties in America, with pals chipping in to get the cost down.

Fury has established himself as a major box office draw in America. His two vicious knockout wins over Wilder in their trilogy that also featured a draw accrued over 2 million buys collectively. But Whyte has yet to gather that same traction, likely leading to a reduced interest in this bout relative to the Wilder ones.

"We think it has a good chance to do maybe half-a-million buys," Arum told iFL TV in January when the purse bid was confirmed. "Because everybody will get behind it and that's what our projections are to half-a-million. We're a little bit bigger country than the UK."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...2e3107d0167969
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury vs Whyte is being pushed by WBC

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    dillian has finally signed. fight is set for april twenty third. easy knockout for tyson
    easy knockout for tyson
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad timing for the forum to be out of commission, as I imagine this thread would've been hopping yesterday.

I wasn't able to see the fight live, as I had technical issues myself after I thought I had ordered the PPV. But luckily caught 99% of the fight on a delayed replay someone aired.

First thought... Whyte looked like shet. Granted, I hadn't seen much of Whyte before. And who knows how much was Whyte looking like crap and how of it was Fury making him look that way. All I know is I've read on here how Deontay Wilder wouldn't have a chance against Whyte. B.S. The modern-day version of Wilder takes Whyte's head off. Wilder lost against the best heavyweight in the world today. No shame in that. But in no way does this mean he'd lose against everyone else. At least not against Whyte.

But I gotta give Fury his just dues. I was never a Fury fan, especially after that atrocious title fight against Wlad in 2015 (seemed like further back). I figured if all of Fury's subsequent fights were going to look like that, I was going to swear off heavyweight boxing. But Fury has come a long way since then. I'll always give him massive props for stepping in and mercifully ending the non-stop soap-operatic shenanigans between Wilder and Joshua by taking the fight with Wilder. It was like unplugging a pipe. All the water started flowing again.

Having said all that, Fury is a nightmare for any heavyweight. Fast on his feet... more skilled boxer than most heavyweights... wicked smart in the ring... knows how to use his size advantage... and has deceptive pop he doesn't always get credit for. He's saying he's retiring and it's not the first time he's said that. But maybe this time he means it. He beat the boogeyman in boxing, namely Wilder, with knockouts the last two times... and Usyk pretty much a Fury fight against Joshua unnecessary. At age 33, with as many fights without defeat, he certainly can retire and enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte breaks silence on Tyson Fury defeat and claims fight was 'close' despite KO

In the aftermath of his brutal knockout defeat to Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte insisted he was not outclassed and the fight was a close contest. 'The Body Snatcher' had been waiting for his world championship chance since 2017 and in the biggest match of his life he was unable to usurp Fury from the top of the heavyweight boxing mountain.

A devastating uppercut in the sixth round sent Whyte tumbling to the mat, and despite making it back to his feet, his wobbly legs couldn't keep him upright and the fight was stopped by the official. He wasted no time leaving the ring and did not give a post-fight interview, but he gave a rather surprising assessment of the bout to BBC Radio 5 Live.

"There wasn't a lot in it - it was a close fight and I didn't feel like I was outclassed in there," Whyte said. "My game plan was to press him and start moving forward. I was trying to attack but one slip and I got caught with the shot.

"He's a big awkward guy - I was expecting that. It was always going to be an awkward fight, but I was trying to set up and be patient and land what I could early and from round three onwards start to press. It was a good learning experience."

Whyte developed a cut over his right eye and required stitches after the bout, but did not have to visit hospital. Fury meanwhile, was delighted with the victory and labbled his opponent a future world champion.

"Dillian is a warrior and I believe he will be a world champion," he shared. "One of the greatest and, unfortunately, he had to fight me tonight.

"You are not messing with a mediocre heavyweight, you are messing with the best man on the planet." Boos rang around the stadium as referee Mark Lyson spoke at length with the two boxers in an attempt to stop the bout becoming a mess in round four.

Fury was angered by Whyte during a clash of heads and after they were separated, the Body Snatcher landed a punch that left his opponent bad-tempered. The Mancunian composed himself and carried on his game plan of using his jab and long reach to keep a considerable distance between himself and Whyte.

He was happy to stay on the back foot and shrug off any offence thrown his way and waited for the opportune time to strike, doing so with aplomb. Fury claims he now wants to retire and wife Paris Fury thinks he would only compete again under one condition. "I would like him to come home now, he has nothing more to prove," she told BT Sport Box Office.

"If he had anything left to do I would say 'yeah Tyson you do it', he has nothing to prove, unless he really wants to box on. If he's just doing it for money or fame, he doesn't need that. We're very blessed and lucky to not need any more money, I'm happy with what we are and what we've got. I know in my heart I think the only reason that Tyson would come back is for a unification fight."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...1020ba1b01b41b

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte judge labelled 'grotesque' for dubious fight scorecard

Mexican judge Juan Carlos Pelayo is facing heavy criticism for his scorecard at the time of Tyson Fury's brutal sixth-round stoppage of Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium. Heading into the bout, the Gypsy King had personally requested that no British judges would be ringside for the contest due to a series of controversial and iffy results in recent months, including Josh Taylor's super-lightweight triumph against Jack Catterall in late February.

His wish was fulfilled but despite the victory, the WBC and Ring Magazine heavyweight champion is still likely to feel aggrieved with Pelayo's take on proceedings.

That's because he gave Whyte two of the five rounds before the ref called the contest to a halt, awarding the Body Snatcher Rounds 2 and 3.

Although it now seems irrelevant, it meant Fury was just one up at the time of the stoppage, something boxing journalist Dan Rafael has labelled "grotesque."

He wrote on Twitter: "Grotesque that Pelayo gave Whyte rounds 2-3. The only round he could possibly have won was the 1st."

Rafael was not alone in thinking the scorecard was dubious, to say the least...

One fan responded on Twitter: "He had landed 14 punches through 3 rounds. Ridiculous to have had him winning the fight at that point."

Another wrote: "Pelayo needs help, the other two cards are good."

Italy's Guido Cavalleri had Fury 4-1 up with Whyte awarded Round 1 - which surprisingly, he boxed southpaw.

Meanwhile, Canada's Robert Tapper had Fury winning all five rounds, which was the general feeling from those in attendance covering the fight.

Fury was in control from the get-go and he too also changed stance from orthodox to southpaw in the second round, in a bid to confuse Whyte.

The Gypsy King briefly had Whyte hurt in the fifth before the challenger recovered and briefly cleared his head.

But what would await him in the sixth was a peach of an uppercut that saw him fall on his back.

Whyte would beat the count but stumbled into the ropes, prompting Mark Lyson to correctly wave it off.

Fury praised the man in the middle during his post-fight press conference, claiming he did not want to inflict further punishment on Whyte when he was clearly still badly hurt.

"I've thrown some good punches in my career but it was definitely a Wembley showstopper, wasn't it? A big right uppercut. I was very happy with Mark Lyson, he did a fantastic job," Fury said.

"If he had allowed it to continue and me to storm into him and hit him with two or three more then he may have been in some serious trouble.

"So big shout out to the ref. He made the right call there. I would have had to pile on to him again and hurt him, and I didn't really want to do that."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury to receive £26.2m from Whyte victory with 82/18 split

Tyson Fury is to receive £26.2million after he retained his WBC heavyweight world championship over Dillian Whyte.

The Gypsy King landed a huge uppercut in the sixth round with the Body Snatcher unable to continue with referee Mark Lyson rightly waving it off.

Fury's victory was fought in front of 94,000 people at Wembley Stadium, in what could be the final fight of his career.

There had been doubts over whether the fight would even take place after the two camps had struggled to come to terms over a deal.

In the end it was Fury's UK promoter Frank Warren who won the purse bid to stage the fight, with an 80/20 split in the Gypsy King's favour.

Following his defeat on Saturday night, Whyte is set to receive even less of a share from the purse split.

Fury was already set to receive £23million as his base purse for the fight, and after taking victory, he is set to earn an extra £3.2million as a winner's bonus.

In comparison, Whyte will receive just £5.8million from one of the biggest fights in British boxing history.

It also means the split will now fall to 82/18 in favour of the WBC world heavyweight champion.

This comes after Whyte admitted that he was unhappy with the original split in an interview with talkSport.

When asked last week if he would pursue a higher split, he said: 'No, no, it’s impossible.

'How am I gonna get it? The fight’s Saturday, that can’t change now, that can’t change now.

'They were never gonna change the split. The split just got manipulated and got forced upon me.'

He added: 'As WBC interim champion by rights I should be getting 45 per cent or 40 per cent minimum.'

After his dominant display at Wembley, Fury confirmed that it could be his 'final curtain' to his boxing career.

He said in the ring after his fight: 'I promised my lovely wife, Paris, of 14 years, after the (Deontay) Wilder 3 fight that would be it and I meant it.

'I had a war, it was a great trilogy and I meant that but I got offered to fight at Wembley at home and I believed that I owed it to the fans, I owed it to every person in the United Kingdom to come here and fight at Wembley.

'Now it's all done, I have to be a man of my word and I think this is it, this might be the final curtain for the Gypsy King and what a way to go out.'

Doubts have been raised over his retirement plans though after wife Paris was seen mouthing 'no chance' when Fury was talking about quitting the sport.

She later said that the only way he would return to the ring is if he were to have a unification bout.

This would likely either mean a fight with Oleksandr Usyk or Anthony Joshua, who are expected to have their rematch in the summer.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was glancing blow at best. Chances are it was the push that hurt Whyte the most. Tyson Fury did what he does. But the belief that his size makes him near unbeatable is absurd. Size isn't everything (oo-er missus!). On a side note - Hopefully Frank Warren has set a precedent with this fight and will carry on not installing a rematch clause for mandatories. Eddie Hearn installing rematch clauses for mandatory challengers is just outrageous,

That's what's holding the heavyweights division up,...... these godamm rematches !!!!!!!

Considering these fighters only fight twice year, many fighters wait years to get a shot.

As to the fight. Honestly ? Whyte is an high level plodder. No bounce. No twitch. He has a style that doesn't age well and is not good at being pressure fighter. His cardio was sh*t and he was gassing after 2 rounds. But it's Fury's time
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-25-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree rematch clauses should be outlawed and are unfair to the challenger.

The reason why there was not a rematch clause in the contract was because the fight went to purse bids.

The winner should have the right to fight whoever he wants.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't find a round to give Whyte and got the impression he was only half committed and just happy to be there. When he came out southpaw it was obvious to even the partially conscious he had no game plan. But Fury was brilliant, moving well and picking his spots and when to close the gaps. Did what he wanted when he wanted to do it and closed the show impressively. But let's talk the 800lb gorillia in the room...the instant GOAT and era talk is just whack. It was Dillian Whyte. Until he meets and dusts off Usyk or AJ put the brakes on that stuff . Especially when the only thing he could go on about was "fighting" the mma fella and giving him ring center. And the Top rank media acted like Usyk and AJ don't even exist. Tyson says he's retired but it's more of a watch and wait for him. Before knowing how it all unfolds it's only fair to see IF and what comes of their rematch too. Fury will come ambling back around more so a Joshua *cough* win. They put 94k butts in seats at Wembley ffs and it's all the more case why even considering Dubai is asinine. Running on...Fury looked very impressive

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I couldn't find a round to give Whyte and got the impression he was only half committed and just happy to be there. When he came out southpaw it was obvious to even the partially conscious he had no game plan. But Fury was brilliant, moving well and picking his spots and when to close the gaps. Did what he wanted when he wanted to do it and closed the show impressively. But let's talk the 800lb gorillia in the room...the instant GOAT and era talk is just whack. It was Dillian Whyte. Until he meets and dusts off Usyk or AJ put the brakes on that stuff . Especially when the only thing he could go on about was "fighting" the mma fella and giving him ring center. And the Top rank media acted like Usyk and AJ don't even exist. Tyson says he's retired but it's more of a watch and wait for him. Before knowing how it all unfolds it's only fair to see IF and what comes of their rematch too. Fury will come ambling back around more so a Joshua *cough* win. They put 94k butts in seats at Wembley ffs and it's all the more case why even considering Dubai is asinine. Running on...Fury looked very impressive

Yeah, I previously said Usyk had rendered a Fury-Joshua fight unnecessary. I've reconsidered, especially if Fury is going to be included in future ATG conversations. Yes, Joshua is damaged goods. But he's still someone the boxing world would love to face Fury. Tyson vs Usyk I'm not so sure about. This isn't a good matchup for Usyk, and the size would be too much of a hill to climb. Styles make fights, and I just don't think Fury-Usyk would be a crowd pleasing fight to the extent Fury-Joshua would.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In fact, I think AJ should face both Fury and Wilder before it's all over.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou expects a crossover fight with Tyson Fury to happen next year.

Ngannou, 35, joined Fury in the ring for a post-fight interview following his stunning sixth-round knockout of Dillian Whyte at Wembley on Saturday.

"We both want this fight, that's clear, and we respect each other," Ngannou said on the MMA Hour on Monday.

Fury, 33, has hinted at retirement from professional boxing but did not rule out competing under a different format.

Cameroon's Ngannou added: "Probably next year it will happen.

"I think it's going to happen, it's just a matter of our promotions, but we will sort this out at some point."

Ngannou is currently recovering from knee surgery and unlikely to be able to compete until at least December.

That is the same time his deal with the UFC ends, which would leave Ngannou in a position to agree a Fury fight without contract restrictions.

He says he is open to re-signing with the UFC, but only if a contest with Fury is implemented into a new contract.

"The Tyson Fury fight has to be part of the discussion [with the UFC] - there is no other option," said Ngannou.

"The UFC is a great promotion and I want to keep fighting. The Tyson Fury fight is not my last fight, there's still a lot of fights out there.

"There's Jon Jones, there's the Stipe Miocic trilogy, there's big fights I can do in the UFC and I'd really like that to happen."

Ngannou says the potential bout with Fury would feature a combination of boxing and MMA rules.

"Make it a hybrid fight, something that makes it a little uncomfortable for him as a boxer," he added.

"Ideas like MMA gloves or fighting barefoot. I don't know, we still have to figure this out.

"I would say there's a 70% chance [my next opponent] is Tyson Fury. On his side I would say 90% against me."

Meanwhile, Whyte has accused British rival Fury of using "dirty" tactics to retain his WBC heavyweight title.

Fury ended the fight with a devastating uppercut, but Whyte, 34, believes a push following the punch should have been penalised by the referee.

"I was buzzed, but obviously I was trying to regather my senses and he proper pushed me and I fell over and hit my head on the canvas, which is illegal," Whyte told Sky Sports.

"I got caught, no doubt about it. I got caught by a good shot. I was hurt, I was trying to get my senses together and he full on, two-handed pushed me. It wasn't like a one-armed thing.

"This isn't wrestling, this is boxing. I should have been allowed extra time to recover and then carried on fighting."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/61224057

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn believes Dillian Whyte showed too much respect to world champion Tyson Fury ahead of their WBC title clash at Wembley Stadium on Saturday night. Hearn, who is both Whyte and Anthony Joshua's promoter, suggested the Brixton Body Snatcher will 'kick himself' for not being more aggressive on the night he finally earned himself a world title shot.

Fury dominated the scrappy bout and then struck a powerful right uppercut to the chin of Whyte to secure the sixth-round stoppage in front of a sold-out Wembley Stadium on Saturday night. The challenger admirably attempted to continue after originally getting to his feet, but the referee intervened after the 34-year-old stumbled and fell into the ropes.

After securing the win, Fury remains unbeaten in 33 fights and suggested he will likely retire as he declared he has 'fulfilled everything' he ever wanted to fulfil. The 33-year-old added it was his 'final curtain' as he promised wife Paris he would retire form boxing.

Hearn - who was not involved in the bout after Frank Warren won the purse bid - believes the WBC title holder will return to the ring, labelling the Gypsy King a 'fluff merchant'. While he dismissed Fury's post-fight actions, Hearn has also focused on Whyte - and believes he paid too much respect to the champion heading into the anticipated bout.

"I thought it was a bit disappointing. Obviously I was disappointed on Dillian's behalf," Hearn told iFL TVLink.

"I think he'll kick himself a little bit that he didn't do more in the fight. But it's very easy sometimes against a very good heavyweight like [Oleksandr] Usyk and like Fury to say, 'you should have done this and you should have been more aggressive, you should have cut the ring off and you should have done this'.

"Fury's very, very good. He's very awkward and he boxed a very smart fight; he didn't want to engage, he held a lot, he was very clever, he made it scrappy and boring and everything he needed to do, and then he produced a fantastic uppercut and a show-reel knockout.

"So I have to give him a lot of credit and respect, as I did when he FaceTimed me on Sunday several times. Gutted for Dillian, he'll come again. I think he was a little bit too respectful in the build-up, especially fight week. Well only fight week, because that was the build-up!

"I think he let Tyson just friend him a little bit before the fight and I think he'll kick himself that he wasn't more aggressive in the fight. But he lost to an excellent heavyweight and congratulations to Tyson Fury."

Prior to the contest, Hearn suggested Fury was not a one-punch knockout artist - which the Gypsy King clearly overcame in front of 94,000 fans last weekend. Hearn admitted Fury was gaining his respect after defeating the likes of Wladimir Klitschko, Deontay Wilder, and Whyte in recent years.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...ce4c75e4456033

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson has just said from the heart he is honestly retired on piers morgan show.

I'm now wondering if he means it....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Whyte recovers quickly from his banged head, he was clearly winning the fight until that point. He got hit with a glancing blow at best and was fine.
    Good luck Dillian in the future all real fans know you are the real champ.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information