Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte 23rd April 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Tyson has just said from the heart he is honestly retired on piers morgan show.

I'm now wondering if he means it....
    He means it now but as his dad said Fury will get bored taking the bins out and once he gets the motivation back when he sees the hype from AJ v Usyk.

The money and becoming undisputed champion will be too much lure for Tyson to stay retired.

He will be back and he will wipe out anyone in his way.

After that he will face Chisora and retire in a farewell fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Tyson has just said from the heart he is honestly retired on piers morgan show.

I'm now wondering if he means it....
    He means it now but as his dad said Fury will get bored taking the bins out and once he gets the motivation back when he sees the hype from AJ v Usyk.

The money and becoming undisputed champion will be too much lure for Tyson to stay retired.

He will be back and he will wipe out anyone in his way.

After that he will face Chisora and retire in a farewell fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I hope Whyte recovers quickly from his banged head, he was clearly winning the fight until that point. He got hit with a glancing blow at best and was fine.
    Good luck Dillian in the future all real fans know you are the real champ.
    Is this Saddo Boxing or Pravda?

Fury Whyte was not a competitive bout, it was over-hyped fan robbing rubbish that was more about parading 'celebrities' than satisfying fans, the undercard says it all. Dillian can now retire in comfort with his 5.8m purse.

AJ got a boxing lesson from Usyck, I wonder how they think they can change the result next time? Glue his feet to the floor?

Master and his media pals insist on over hyping some of our heavyweights, which doesn't actually do them any favours at all, it wouldn't happen in football would it?

Sorry to sit on the fence

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury aint gonna last long living in a house with 6 kids and a moaning missus. He'll wanna get back to training camp overseas asap!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Presumably the WBC title is now vacant? No? Thought not
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the oleksandr v joshua rematch will help tyson decide. if oleksandr wins again i doubt he gets tyson
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury to confirm plans? WBC seek decision this week

Tyson Fury's future could become clearer this week as the WBC seek a decision on whether the two-time world heavyweight champion will follow through with plans to retire from the sport.

The 33-year-old has repeatedly insisted he will be walking away from boxing after defending his world titles with a sixth-round stoppage victory over Dillian Whyte in front of 94,000 people at Wembley Stadium last month.

Fury displayed little interest in a potential unification bout against the winner of Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk's summer rematch, instead turning his attention to a WWE return later this year followed by a possible 'hybrid' clash with UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou in 2023.

Tyson Fury's greatness amplified by Wembley masterclass'I'm done!' - Fury reiterates retirement vowCould Wilder replace Fury as champion? 'I'm sure he'll be back!'

"The WBC will be communicating with Tyson Fury and his promoters about his future plans in the coming week," WBC president Mauricio Sulaimán told Sky Sports.

"We are ready to support him on whatever he decides. If he decides to retire the WBC will fully support him.

"It is our dream to see fighters retire with such greatness. Undefeated champion, financially protected with a loving family and a great future outside the ring .

"I am very happy and satisfied if this is his final decision and will fully support him and will be close to him for the rest of his life."

Fury's promoter Frank Warren told Sky Sports: "We look forward to hearing from them [The WBC]."

Deontay Wilder is currently No 1 in the WBC rankings and could fight for the vacant belt if Fury confirms his retirement.

Sulaimán recently told Sky Sports that he was "sure" Wilder would return to the ring this year in what would mark his first fight since losing to Fury in the third and final meeting of their thrilling trilogy last October.

The No 2-ranked Joe Joyce and No 3-ranked Joseph Parker are meanwhile expected to face off at Wembley Arena on July 2.

Appearing as a guest on Piers Morgan Uncensored last Wednesday, Fury had reiterated that he was "done" with boxing and is keen to spend more time with his family.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d06b0a0c15c83e

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder could be set for a stunning return to challenge for the WBC world heavyweight title, according to Mauricio Sulaiman.

The American has not been in the public eye since his October defeat to Tyson Fury - his second successive loss to Fury following on from 2020.

Planet Sport have been informed to expect some news next month about whether Wilder will continue boxing or not.

Should the 'Bronze Bomber' decide to continue fighting, then he may be in with a chance of challenging for the WBC title - a belt he defended 10 times.
    Mauricio Sulaiman spoke to Planet Sport and revealed they will need to know sooner rather than later about Fury's future in the sport.

The WBC president spoke about the fighters in line to challenge for the green-and-gold title should Fury call it quits. "Wilder is the number one contender and you have Joe Joyce at number two, three is Joseph Parker," Sulaiman told Planet Sport. "I believe [Joyce and Parker] are going to have a fight for the WBO interim championship - we've had no confirmation but we will just wait and see what happens. There are some variables playing around there."

Planet Sport also caught up with former heavyweight world champion Bermane Stiverne and he believes there is only one fight out there for Wilder. "I think the only fight that's left for him to do moneywise would be Joshua," said Stiverne.
    "Other than that, I don't think there's any other fight that would be relevant for him. Also that depends on how Joshua comes back, if he comes back and beats Usyk then it's worth it then if not then it's not worth it.

"I take that back, it would be worth it cause both men are coming from a loss so it would be worth it to watch it.
    "Other than that I don't see anyone. In my book, Wilder doesn't have anything to prove to anybody. Ever since he got the title from me, he did a great job holding onto the belt for five or six years and today is Tyson Fury's turn."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...b5738e8ad33929

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WBC president Mauricioo Sulaiman has insisted that the governing body will not ‘hurry’ Tyson Fury to confirm his plans for the future.

Fury knocked out Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium in April to retain the WBC heavyweight title and remain unbeaten, and the “Gypsy King” said before and after the fight that he expected it to be his last.

If Fury, 33, is to confirm his retirement, he will be forced to relinquish the belt – or the WBC will strip him of the gold.

However, Sulaiman has said the WBC will not put pressure the Briton for an answer any time soon.

“Tyson Fury confirmed how great he is inside the ring, and outside the ring he is also a hero,” Sulaiman told Planet Sport.

“We’re going to give him the time he needs to reflect, to relax. He just did the mandatory of the division. There’s no hurry to pressure him or his team into making any decisions. We will be in communications, he’s having holiday with his family.

“I’m not saying we will get him three months, [but] there’s no time limit right now. I’m respecting the level of Tyson Fury, his private time with his family, but we will talk in the near future certainly.

“We need to address the situation if he is retiring, but at this time we are just giving him the much deserved time to enjoy his holidays.”

Many fans wish to see Fury take on the winner of Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Oleksandr Usyk, with the pair expected to clash again this summer.

Usyk outpointed Joshua in London last September to take the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight belts, and the unbeaten Ukrainian is now set to defend them against the Briton.

If Fury decides to fight again, he could face the victor of that rematch in a contest to crown an undisputed heavyweight champion.

“We have been consistent in being flexible and proactive to promote the best fights the fans want to see,” Sulaiman said, “so we are open to support any request from any champion we have in the WBC.”

If Fury were to elect not to compete again, however, a fight for the vacant WBC title would need to be arranged.

“[Deontay] Wilder is the No 1 contender, and you have Joe Joyce at No 2, No 3 is Joseph Parker,” Sulaiman said.

“I believe [Joyce and Parker] are going to have a fight for the WBO interim championship. We’ve had no confirmation, but we will just wait and see what happens. There are some variables playing around there.”

Fury fought Wilder to a controversial split draw in 2018 before stopping the American in 2020 to claim the WBC title.

He then knocked out Wilder last October in the pair’s trilogy bout, retaining the belt in the process.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...105ee900b4e75b

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad made 14 defences.
    Tyson made 10 title defences and unified the division in a 3 year period. He also never re-matched anyone during his first reign as champ.
    Lennox made two defences then lost to McCall. Then in his second reign as champ re-matched McCall and beat him n then went on to make 11 title defences and unified the division

Yet Fury who has only had five world titles fight (and 3 of them against the same guy) and only two world title defences thinks he's done enough and wants to retire ?

Cmon
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 05-16-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Thread Information