5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte 23rd April 2022

Could it really happen this time, or kicked into the long grass by Fury

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16591...yson-fury-wbc/

DILLIAN WHYTE is set to be officially ordered to fight Tyson Fury after the WBC received 'medical certification' of his shoulder injury.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury vs Whyte is being pushed by WBC

Whyte has never been the mandatory which is why Wilder was never forced to face him.

Whyte chose harder and more riskier opponents because he was Sky PPV. Whyte chose money and glory over politics of being made mandatory.

The fight between Fury v Whyte should happen next. AJ lost to Usyk so they are tied up for the early part of 2022.

Fury needs a big fight and this is a good domestic match-up that should motivate him to get back in the ring.

If the WBC had anyone else available they would try, as Whyte has not always followed what they have mandated but there is no one else worthy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Whyte has never been the mandatory which is why Wilder was never forced to face him.

Whyte chose harder and more riskier opponents because he was Sky PPV. Whyte chose money and glory over politics of being made mandatory.

The fight between Fury v Whyte should happen next. AJ lost to Usyk so they are tied up for the early part of 2022.

Fury needs a big fight and this is a good domestic match-up that should motivate him to get back in the ring.

If the WBC had anyone else available they would try, as Whyte has not always followed what they have mandated but there is no one else worthy.
    Think your right, sad but true... Fury Vs Usyck is the only championship fight out there worth watching, thats why we probably wont see it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's only ooonnneeee...Tyson Fureeeeeeee!!!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Fury explains why he’s the reason Dillian Whyte withdrew from Otto Wallin fight and tells ‘Bodysnatcher’ to ‘be nice’ to son Tyson

John Fury believes Dillian Whyte pulled out of his fight with Otto Wallin after taking his sage advice.

‘The Bodysnatcher’ was set to headline a stacked card at the 02 Arena on October 30 against the Swedish heavyweight contender, yet pulled out with a shoulder injury.

It leaves Whyte, still with the WBC interim heavyweight championship, in pole position to challenge Fury’s son Tyson for his full heavyweight crown.

The ‘Gypsy King’ knocked out Deontay Wilder in October to retain his position as the best heavyweight on the planet, with Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua locked in for a 2022 rematch.

One of the hardest nights of Fury’s career thus far came against Wallin, when he was left requiring 47 stitches surrounding a cut by his left eye.

Although Fury Sr was not present in Las Vegas to witness that tough test in September 2019, he believes his son struggled for a reason and that Wallin would have presented real danger.

“Dillian Whyte has pulled out from Otto Wallin. You know why? He listened to what I said,” he told BT Sport.

“He’s thought ‘hang on a minute. John knows his stuff, I’m not fighting Wallin. I’m going to get turned over probably, I won’t get my title shot then.’

“It takes them to listen to my videos, it’s all on, and then he hears me talking about Wallin – because Wallin is a danger to anybody. You know, and he thought ‘I’m not having that smoke, I’ll wait, I’ll wait.’ Let’s just see what he’s waiting for.”

Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn have both told talkSPORT they expect Whyte vs Fury to be made, but John Fury suggested the Brixton-native should try a different approach to calling out the heavyweight champ if he wants to be next.

“Tyson is in a different league to these heavyweights,” he added. “Different. But if you want to get a payday, be nice to him.

“Say nice things about him and he might just give you a payday. But if you keen being horrible to him, and trying to big yourself up to be this that and the other to make a fight, Tyson will go the other way and give someone else the opportunity.

“Dillian Whyte, be nice to Tyson, start blowing smoke up his you know what and you might get a shot, kid.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...lin-son-tyson/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury could face Joe Joyce in an alternative heavyweight clash if he cannot agree a bout with WBC interim champion Dillian Whyte.

The 'Gypsy King' is currently pondering his next challenge after dismissing Deontay Wilder in a historic clash to end their trilogy.

And he was set to be ordered to face WBC mandatory challenger Whyte at the organisation's convention, but there will now be a delay with the 'Body Snatcher's' legal dispute with the sanctioning body rumbling on.

But Fury could have an alternative opponent within reach after domestic rival Joyce was declared as the No.2 heavyweight in the WBC rankings.

He was ranked below Fury's three-time rival Wilder and Whyte who is the leading contender as interim champion.

The 'Juggernaut' is currently the mandatory challenger for the WBO belt held by Oleksandr Usyk after cementing his status as a top contender with a stoppage victory over Carlos Takam.

And he rose to world-level with a shock victory over Queensberry Promotions stablemate Daniel Dubois to put a dent in his meteoric rise.

Joyce has frequently spoken about his relationship with Fury having sparred the 'Gypsy King' during various points in his career.

And lineal champion Fury is certainly a fan of Joyce's heavyweight credential, viewing him as his biggest domestic rival ahead of Anthony Joshua, according to his co-promoter Frank Warren.

"Tyson said that he’s [Joyce] the best one out there," Warren told Sky Sports. "That’s what Tyson’s opinion was. Can he go all the way? Yes he can. He’s got a good ticker, a big heart. He’s strong, he walks forwards, he is the ‘Juggernaut.'

"Whoever he’s in there with, you know they will have a problem getting rid of him. He’s a tough guy. He can fight a bit. He can punch."

Fury is uncertain of his next foe after hinting at the possibility of hanging up his gloves with his glistening career reaching its pinnacle last month.

But he had previously agreed to meet domestic rival Joshua before he was forced to arrange his trilogy bout with Wilder, collapsing a deal worth more than £100million.

However that will not be his next task with Joshua set to fight for redemption in a rematch after losing his unified titles to pound-for-pound contender Usyk in September.

And Fury's promoter Bob Arum has admitted that the 'Gypsy King' is more interested in facing the Ukrainian in an undisputed tilt, than he is defending his undefeated status against Whyte.

Arum told Sky Sports : "The alternative is that if Joshua decides not to exercise his rematch against Usyk and decides to step aside, the fight we would like to make is between Usyk and Fury.

"That is a fight to unify the titles once and for all. Then Joshua can fight the winner of the undisputed fight. Whyte can stand in line and fight the winner ultimately.

"That's what Tyson would like. And I represent Tyson. That is his preference. If they want to fight each other, which I believe they do? I would facilitate it."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ative-25481214

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury confirms date for next fight and sends message to Dillian Whyte

Tyson Fury insists his next fight will take place within the next five months and doesn’t “give a damn” who he faces.

The most obvious challenger to WBC Heavyweight champion Fury is Dillian Whyte, and the fight should be mandatory, but the WBC has so far delayed its decision to order the fight and the case is currently under arbitration.

That legal process could potentially cause a significant delay and the Gypsy King has no interest in waiting around if Whyte’s situation cannot be resolved post-haste.

“I thought I was going to be fighting Dillian Whyte. I don’t know what he’s doing with his own private life with the WBC,” Fury told iFL TV.

“He’s got a court case going on, which can be s**** really because I know how long arbitrations go on for. It took 18 months to get mine sorted with Deontay Wilder, so I hope he doesn’t get caught in the long grass, and I hope I don’t have to fight somebody else like a voluntary.

“I’m not interested in waiting for people. I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do. I’ll be fighting in February [or] early March at the latest. I’ll be defending my WBC championship, and that’s it.”

The 33-year-old added that his preference would be to fight Ukrainian southpaw Oleksandr Usyk, who defeated Anthony Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in September after first moving up the ranks to the heavyweight division in 2019.

“I’ll take the little cruiserweight guy [Usyk] and show how to give a small man a good hiding,” Fury said. “I’ll run him over. He’s too small. I am definitely fighting in February or early March, 1 million percent. There are no ifs, buts, or maybes about it, or I will sack my full promotional outfit, and I’ll promote myself. Gypsy King Promotions.”

Joshua activated a re-match clause in his contract with Usyk in October which means those two are set to face-off again in early 2022, preventing Fury from fighting Usyk unless Joshua willingly steps aside. Fury is desperate to fight, no matter the opponent.

“Who it is, I just don’t give a damn because the outcome will always be the same,” he said. “I will win, and I will knock the mother f***** out because that’s how I do it now.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn explains why Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte deal is "unlikely"

Hearn has admitted a deal could be "unlikely" to be reached for Fury to face Whyte until official splits are ordered by the WBC after reports the champion could be set to demand an 80 percent share of the purse

Eddie Hearn has admitted a deal between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte is unlikely to be completed until purse bids are ordered by the WBC.

Whyte has now been officially declared as mandatory challenger to Fury's WBC heavyweight title after an arbitration between the 'Body Snatcher' and the organisation was finally resolved.

The pair will now look to negotiate a meeting for the early stages of next year with Fury looking to set up an undisputed clash later in 2022.

Matchroom Boxing promoter Hearn has admitted negotiations could hit a snag until the purse bids are officially ordered with Whyte looking to be fairly rewarded.

"I feel like we should be aware of what the split is because that will only become apparent when the purse bid is ordered," Hearn told Behind the Gloves.

"But how can you negotiate a fight when you don't know what the purse split is for the mandatory? Top Rank want it to be 80-20 whereas we want it to be 55-45 which is the high end of the interim champion.

"We will see where it lands but they will offer us 80-20 and we will be pushing for a split that we think is fairer. So I think it will be very difficult to achieve a deal until those splits are determined.

"It is only then will we start to realise our position. Not saying a deal cannot be reached before but it is very unlikely. We understand Tyson Fury is the A-side and if the offer is fair and Dillian is respected I am sure he will take an offer from Top Rank and ESPN.

"But if he is not we have got a big pot of money that we are ready to invest into that fight where both fighters will probably make more."

Whyte has been waiting for his title shot to be enforced since he first became WBC 'Silver' champion with victory over Robert Helenius in 2017.

He has not been in action since his rematch victory over Alexander Povetkin earlier this year, but is now in pole position to challenge Fury.

Fury has previously hinted at hanging up his gloves in the wake of his trilogy victory against Deontay Wilder earlier this year, but now looks set to demand a three-fight year in 2022.

The 'Gypsy King' has spoken of his desire to face Oleksandr Usyk in an undisputed tilt next year offering Anthony Joshua a deal to skip his rematch with the Ukrainian.

However this now appears unlikely with Joshua issuing an ultimatum to face the winner of any step-aside showdown which could be hindered by Whyte's new official challenger status.

Fury is now excited by the possibility of facing Whyte with the pair having exchanged for several years amid plans to face each other in the ring.

And the champion's promoter Bob Arum has warned his charge to remain focussed on preparing for Whyte instead of any last-ditch attempt to meet Usyk.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-fury-25684461

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Oleksandr Usyk could be fought in the Middle East as well as Dillian Whyte’s fight against Tyson Fury, according to Eddie Hearn.

Joshua triggered the rematch clause in his contract after Usyk defeated him in September with the bout thought to be taking place in the spring. And Fury will take on Whyte before a potential unification fight against either Joshua or Usyk.

Hearn, who looks after Joshua and Whyte, has said both fights could either take place in Britain or the Middle East.

“This week we’re getting ready to have discussions in different countries about a few upcoming heavyweight contests,” Hearn told iFL TV at an event in Dubai.

“I found myself in the Middle East - I’m going to be here and then go back to Manchester for a massive end to the year. We have to do our work now across this territory to look at potential site deals for AJ-Usyk and Fury against Whyte and all kinds of different heavyweight fights.

“Obviously Prince Khalid is here as well so that’s the predominant reason for my trip - it was good to see Oleksandr Usyk who’s very chilled and getting ready for talks to progress regarding an Anthony Joshua rematch.”

Fury wanted to see if Joshua would step aside and allow him to have a unification fight against Usyk before the two fought but Hearn added that is looking unlikely.

“The news that the WBC were ordering the Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte fight kind of put the end to the step aside discussion,” Hearn continued.

“Unless that evolves over the next week or so, which doesn’t look to be the case. Right now it looks very likely that the two fights will be in play between Whyte and Fury and Joshua and Usyk.

“Obviously on one hand we have a situation where we have Dillian Whyte fighting Tyson Fury, there’s negotiations that have been ordered now and that could go to a purse bid. “Then there’s Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk where we have to work collectively with K2 to ensure that we deliver the best opportunity for the fighters.

“We’ll have meetings here [in Dubai] and other countries in the Middle East to look at the potential for where those fights may take place.”

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury willing to give up world title if he can't reach deal with Dillian Whyte

Tyson Fury would be wiling to give up his world heavyweight title if a deal can't be made for him to defend the belt against Dillian Whyte.

Fury is eager to remain active after being kept out of the ring for close to two years by the coronavirus pandemic and contractual issues that caused his trilogy with Deontay Wilder to be delayed for months.

And his promoter Bob Arum has insisted that he will be fighting by the end of February or start of March, regardless of whether or not Whyte is the opponent.

But with Fury's fellow Brit now the official mandatory challenger for the Gypsy King's WBC belt, deciding to take on another opponent would mean he would be stripped of the title.

Talks are ongoing for a UK homecoming to take place at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff in March, with issues arising around the purse split.

“If we can’t come to a deal with Dillian Whyte, we’ll do a fight for the Ring Magazine belt and the ‘lineal’ title and we’ll pick another opponent," Arum told TalkSPORT.

“We’ve got to get Tyson back in the ring by the end of March - Frank [Warren] and I are determined to come to him with an opponent that’s acceptable and we’d love to do that fight in Cardiff."

And they are eyeing up potential opponents for that bout, which would be Fury's first in his homeland since 2018, with former world champions Andy Ruiz and Joseph Parker listed as possibilities.

Parker defeated Derek Chisora in a war of attrition at the AO Arena in Manchester last night, while Ruiz, who beat Anthony Joshua for the world titles in 2019, has been nursing an injury after returning against Chris Arreola.

“Andy Ruiz Jr is a possibility," Arum teased. “Joseph Parker I see had a good victory over Derek Chisora – that could be a possibility.

“And we’re looking at a couple of other names that might be appropriate.”

Fury and Whyte have known each other for a number of years, and a fight between the two is still the favoured option.

It had been reported during the week that the pair wouldn't have a rematch clause, which Anthony Joshua did insist upon when he fought Oleksandr Usyk last year.

There had been brief efforts to organise a step aside deal for Joshua to allow Usyk to face Fury, but it wasn't a feasible option given a number of contractual obligations.

Fury has a mandatory challenger in Whyte, so it would be impossible to guarantee Joshua the next shot at the undisputed title.

Joshua is expected to rematch Usyk in the early part of next year, with the winners of both bouts finally able to fight for the undisputed title.

Fury and Joshua had seemed set to finally unify the division with an August fight date, but when Wilder won an arbitration case Fury was forced to give him a trilogy.

But with no rematch clause in place for the Whyte bout, and Usyk and Joshua set for a final meeting, there would be no obligations in the way of finally crowning an undisputed heavyweight champion.

Fury holds the WBC belt, while Usyk is the unified WBA, WBO and IBF world champion, as well as laying claim to the less prestigious IBO belt.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHat a history fight could be made if Usyk fights Fury, wins -moves down to CW faces Canelo and wins. Not sure he could make Tyson uncomfortable, let alone win, just considering since I am no fan of Fury-Whyte.

That would be a case for GOAT in 20 fights!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte could fight Deontay Wilder for world title if Tyson Fury vacates WBC belt

Dillian Whyte could be left to face Deontay Wilder for the WBC heavyweight title - if Tyson Fury vacates the belt in order to face Oleksandr Usyk next year.

Fury’s US promoter Bob Arum has said that the ‘Gypsy King’ has been left frustrated by the delay in setting up the defence of his WBC title against mandatory challenger Whyte.

“If we can’t come to a deal with Dillian Whyte, we’ll do a fight for the Ring Magazine belt and the ‘lineal’ title and we’ll pick another opponent,” Arum told talkSPORT. “We’ve got to get Tyson back in the ring by the end of March.”

Fury was ordered to face WBC interim title holder Whyte after he knocked out Wilder in October to defend his championship and complete the pair’s trilogy.

Whyte has been seeking a title shot for years but has not fought since March, where he avenged his defeat to Alexander Povetkin. He was scheduled to face Otto Wallin but withdrew from the late October bout due to injury.

Wilder, meanwhile, has retained his No. 1 ranking with the WBC despite being knocked out by Fury in each of his last two fights. The American has yet to announce his next fight and has hinted at retirement, but a shot at reclaiming his title could appeal to the 36-year-old.

Fury would be tempted to walk away from his WBC title defence if he had a chance of facing WBA, WBO and IBF champion Usyk next year. The undefeated Ukrainian is set to face Anthony Joshua in a rematch, but ‘AJ’ has revealed that he could step aside to allow Usyk and Fury to meet in an undisputed world title fight.

If Usyk's rematch with Joshua goes ahead as planned, Fury could be left defending his Ring Magazine and lineal titles against the likes of Joseph Parker or Andy Ruiz Jr next March while he waits for his shot.

That could leave Whyte and Wilder free to face each other for the WBC title as the top two ranked contenders in the division.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren reveals there are four possible opponents for Tyson Fury’s next fight – but one of them isn’t Dillian Whyte due to disagreement over split of fight purse

Promoter Frank Warren Tyson Fury’s next fight won’t be against Dillian Whyte due to contention over the split of the fight purse.

The WBC have ordered a fight between Fury and Whyte, however, a number of issues mean that that fight will not happen anytime soon.

This is mainly due to disagreements about the split of the fight purse, with Fury’s camp said to be wanting 80-20 and Whyte and Eddie Hearn pushing for a split closer to 55-45.

Warren does not expect it to be resolved any time soon and is looking to find another opponent for Fury to fight first.

“I’m pretty confident one of those shows [in March] will feature [Fury],” Warren, Fury’s promoter, told iFL TV.

“He won’t be defending his WBC title, there is a problem there, not of his making or our making.

“The WBC and Dillian Whyte are in arbitration and that hearing is not set to be heard until March. We can’t negotiate.

“It’s all very well Eddie Hearn saying this nonsense about negotiating, how can you negotiate when the WBC hasn’t said what the splits are?

“In his mind, he thinks he’s getting 45 percent, in our mind, it’s 20 percent based on the previous purses that were lodged under WBC regulations. They won’t determine what the percentages are until after the arbitration.

“That doesn’t mean the fight will take place in April. We have to negotiate, book a venue, and that could go until June.

“So, Tyson will fight, but not for the WBC title.”

Warren added: “He can’t be inactive because of the problems caused by this arbitration between the WBC and Whyte.”

Warren didn’t name any of the possible opponents who could face Fury, but did say that there are four currently under consideration.

“We have got to sort out an opponent first before we can move further forward,” he continued.

“I‘m not going to go into that because we have got to get things done first.

“But we are working quite hard on it and there are about four in the frame, and we will make a decision on that, subject to their availability too.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...n-eddie-hearn/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury's promoter names Andy Ruiz Jr or Robert Helenius as next likely opponent

Tyson Fury is likely to face either Andy Ruiz Jr or Robert Helenius in a non-title bout after his fight with Dillian Whyte fell through.

WBC heavyweight champion Fury was ordered to face Whyte next, but the mandatory challenger's ongoing arbitration case meant the fight was called off.

Fury's promoter Bob Arum has since revealed the WBC will allow Fury to compete in a non-title bout next and keep hold of his belt.

And Arum said if Fury fights Helenius it will take place in the UK, but if Ruiz is his opponent it will take place in the US.

"Frank Warren and I are looking for another opponent to do Fury's fight in Manchester or Las Vegas, depending on who the opponent is," he told iFL TV.

"So we're looking at Andy Ruiz as a possibility, he's available. This big Finnish kid, who looked very good on the Fury vs Wilder 3 card, Helenius.

"Those are the two principal guys. I guess if it's Helenius we do it in the UK and if it was Ruiz, we do the fight in Las Vegas.

"Fury has endured himself so much to the American fanbase, this Christmas I was up in Aspen and everyone was talking about Tyson Fury and what a character is."

Ruiz is mostly known for handing Anthony Joshua a shock loss in 2019 to win the unified heavyweight titles.

'The Destroyer' was unprepared in his rematch with Joshua and lost the titles just six months after winning them.

Six-foot seven-inch giant Helenius impressed on the undercard of Fury's trilogy with Deontay Wilder in October, stopping Adam Kownacki for the second time.

And Arum said the location of Fury's next fight will ultimately be decided by Covid-19 restrictions.

"I'd love to do his next fight in the United States, Frank wants to do a fight for him in the UK and I'm all in with that," he continued.

"Tyson I think prefers to do his next fight in Manchester, but I really think that we're gonna have to take a look at the whole situation, the pandemic is the big actor here.

"If it continues, I know [the UK] has shut down all [boxing] in the month of January, and that continue into February and March.

"If that looks like it's going to happen, I think we're not gonna shut down in the United States, particularly not Nevada which has a big tourist economy.

"We're just pressing everybody to get vaccinated so I'll be talking to Frank and Tyson later this week and we'll figure out what we're gonna be doing."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHYTE OFF Tyson Fury told by WBC he IS allowed to skip Dillian Whyte mandatory after ‘greedy’ rival demands £7.5MILLION for fight

TYSON FURY has permission to ditch 'greedy' Dillian Whyte after his rival allegedly demanded £7.5million for their potential showdown.

The 33-year-old Brixton Body Snatcher is the mandatory challenger for the Gypsy King’s WBC heavyweight world title.

But he is locked in arbitration with the Mexico-based sanctioning body over his cut of their potential mega-money purse.

And Fury’s US promoter Bob Arum claims WBC boss Mauricio Sulaiman has told them to forget Whyte for now and focus on two alternative opponents for March 2022.

The Top Rank legend told IFL: “They want $10million (£7.5m) but we want to guarantee them $5.5m (£4.1m) plus a percentage.

“But they said ‘you have to start at eight figures, you have to start at ten million’.

“They are being very greedy, especially in the age of the pandemic where you don’t really know how many fans or what gate you are going to get.

“We spoke to Mauricio Sulaiman at the WBC and he said ‘it breaks my heart but go and find another opponent, fight without the WBC title - we will not take it away from you'.

“Dillian Whyte’s people should come to the table and make the deal to fight Tyson Fury but that is not likely to happen.

“It looks like they are going to play out the arbitration and Frank Warren (Fury’s UK promoter) and I are going to find another opponent".

British fight fans will be gutted at the news, especially after the British Boxing Board of Control took the decision to cancel all January bouts to help beat covid-19.

Whyte fans especially will be floored by the news after he missed out on a 2019 shot at Anthony Joshua’s three world titles over another fight-deal disagreement.

Team AJ insist Whyte refused a £5million offer to face Joshua at Wembley after the undisputed Deontay Wilder decider fell through.

But Whyte reckons it was a dummy offer and the plan was always to go to America to fight Jarrell Miller, whose idiotic doping bust then gifted the chance to Andy Ruiz Jr.

FURY VS HELENIUS MOST LIKELY

Mexican slugger Ruiz is now the man Arum believes Fury will face, if any new UK lockdown rules mean he has to go to Las Vegas to fight again in the Spring.

But, if coronavirus restrictions allow, Warren wants to host a UK homecoming for the 6ft 9in icon, likely against fellow giant Robert Helenius.

SunSport understands Ruiz - backed by US boxing powerhouse Al Haymon and PBC - is unlikely to take the Fury fight without the WBC world title on the line.

Leaving a bout with 37-year-old Finnish Viking Helenius the most likely outcome.

The 6ft 7in veteran will be familiar to English fans after getting a disgraceful home decision over Derek Chisora in Helsinki in 2011 and being outpointed by Whyte in 2017.

But he has rebuilt his reputation and record with three consecutive stoppage wins, the most recent on the undercard of Fury’s magnificent trilogy triumph over Wilder in October.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17166...yte-mandatory/

Thread Information