Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker 2

dereck gets his rematch. joshua buatsi takes on big risk maxim & lerrone gets ended. tanzanian based aussie bruno takes on zelfa
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: joseph v dereck two

Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker 2 was recently announced and we have all the details you need to know ahead of the highly-anticipated boxing fight.

In the last heavyweight fight between the two back in May 2021, the two went the whole 12 rounds, and in the end, Parker won on a split decision despite dropping to the canvas in the first round.

Chisora felt like he should have won on the night, and this will add more fuel to the fire in the build up of these two getting ready to meet again in the ring.

Both boxers have a lot to prove, and they need the win desperately to prove that they should have another chance at a world title fight.

The date for Chisora vs Parker 2 is Saturday December 18th 2021.

The bookies currently have New Zealander Parker as the clear favourite to win the fight on the night.

Undercard
    Joshua Buatsi vs Maxim Vlasov

Carlos Gongora vs Lerrone Richards: For IBO World Super-Middleweight Title

Jack Cullen vs Emre Cukur: For European Super Middleweight Title

Zelfa Barrett vs Bruno Tarimo: For IBF World Super-Featherweight Title Eliminator

The fight will be taking place in the UK at the AO Arena, Manchester.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker 2

I like Chisora but how does he keep getting these fights ??

I know he goes for it and fair play to him but seriously he must have lost 6 of his last 10 or something like that !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora keeps on complaining about being robbed and he puts up an entertaining scrap. He is signed up with Eddie so he will keep on getting these opportunities becoming a millionaire gatekeeper.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

I know he goes for it and fair play to him but seriously he must have lost 6 of his last 10 or something like that !
    Probably more than that. I can’t remember ever beating any good fighter. Takam is about the best he’s beat, and he was getting beat up in that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Probably more than that. I can’t remember ever beating any good fighter. Takam is about the best he’s beat, and he was getting beat up in that.
    dillian & joseph first fights i could see as wins for dereck. draws at worst
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no need for this fight. chisora will end with brain damage one day. he is just not that good. or worth watching.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    no need for this fight. chisora will end with brain damage one day. he is just not that good. or worth watching.
    dereck v dillian one was a good watch

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    dereck v dillian one was a good watch
    I guess. But I could care less about Chisora.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Derek Chisora v Joseph Parker 2: Briton expects win in rematch in December

Heavyweight Derek Chisora is angry at the number of times he feels he has been "robbed" during his boxing career.

The Briton, 37, takes on New Zealand's former WBO world heavyweight champion Joseph Parker in a rematch at Manchester Arena on 18 December.

Parker gained a split-decision points win over Chisora in a behind-closed-doors fight in Manchester in May.

"One hundred per cent I won that fight, I was more the pressure fighter, I was making it happen," said Chisora.

Speaking at a news conference on Tuesday, he added: "I'm half excited and half not. I'm happy for the fight but might be disappointed what comes with the fight.

"I'm going to speak to my management company. We need an American referee and get good judges for this fight because so many times I've been robbed.

"It's one of those things but it gets a bit frustrating. Joseph Parker does not scare me. He doesn't have anything I'm scared of. He hasn't got power punches, I don't even know how they gave him the last fight."

Chisora has held the European, Commonwealth and British titles and fought Vitali Klitschko for the WBC world heavyweight title.

From 43 professional fights, Chisora has won 32 and lost 11, but eight of those defeats have been on points, including a narrow loss to Oleksandr Usyk, who has since beaten Anthony Joshua to become the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO world champion.

Chisora floored Parker after only 10 seconds of their first bout, but the New Zealander recovered to get the verdict 115-113 on two cards, with one judge seeing the contest 116-111 in Chisora's favour.

"I've watched the fight back and I thought I won, he thought he won, that's why we're doing it again," said Parker, whose two defeats from 31 fights have come against Britons Joshua and Dillian Whyte.

"Derek is a tough guy - he comes forward, puts you under pressure, bites down on his gumshield and throws the kitchen sink at it.

"It's my goal to be a two-time world heavyweight champion and I'm well placed in the rankings so you have to take the opportunities when they come."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/59224671

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Chisora keeps on complaining about being robbed and he puts up an entertaining scrap. He is signed up with Eddie so he will keep on getting these opportunities becoming a millionaire gatekeeper.

You beat me to it! he is a topnotch gatekeeper. if he were a WW he would be Sean porter & vice versa!!!!! Not to say Sean is a gatekeeper but as Crawford stated last week- they know Sean will never say no to a fight.

I seriously think he is headed for brain damage as you stated, but I disagree that he isn't worth watching. That boy brings it maaannn!!!!!

He's the Bert Cooper of today. No matter how often Smoke lost...he would get another payday against a top tier...and for years he made them earn it Be it Michal Moorer, Holyfield, Bowe (whooped Bert), Ray Mercer (blast of a fight!!), George Foreman, Larry Donald heck he lasted long enough to even fight Luis Ortiz.

That is Chisora- the gate to the title.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Derek Chisora v Joseph Parker II: Parker says rematch is 'make or break' fight

Former world champion Joseph Parker has described his heavyweight rematch with Derek Chisora at the AO Arena in Manchester on Saturday as a "make or break" fight in his career and hopes a win will silence any critics.

The 29-year-old from New Zealand beat Briton Chisora, 37, via a split decision in May, despite being knocked down in the opening 10 seconds.

"I just want to beat him properly this time," he told BBC Sport. "If I can't beat Derek then I have to really look at myself and where I go from there."

Parker held the WBO heavyweight for two years, before losing his belt to Britain's Anthony Joshua - his first career defeat - in March 2018.

Four months later, he suffered the second loss of his career when he was defeated on points by Londoner Dillian Whyte, but is now on a five-fight winning streak.

"I still have a lot to give the sport," he says. "When the time comes I will stop but for now I have a lot to give."

Rarely one to be embroiled in bad blood or heated exchanges, Parker is considered to be one the 'nice guys' of heavyweight boxing.

"I get along with everyone but a lot of times I may have been too nice leading into a fight," he says.

"That's something me and my team have worked on. "

His opponent, meanwhile, is one of the most controversial British fighters in recent years.

Some of Chisora's most heated moments include appearing to bite opponent Paul Butlin, kissing Carl Baker at a head-to-head, slapping champion Vitali Klitschko at a weigh-in, brawling with David Haye at a media conference and launching a table at Dillian Whyte.

But Parker has enjoyed a much friendlier relationship with his fighting foe.

"In the past Chisora has had a reputation of acting up, but he's always been respectful and nice to me" he says.

"He showed a lot of care for me and family after the first fight, but I don't know if he's trying to trap and lure me in by being so nice."

Veteran Chisora has won 32 of his professional fights with 11 defeats. A back-to-back loss to Parker may bring an end to a 14-year career.

"There's nothing but respect for Chisora and what he's done in boxing," Parker says.

"The people he's fought and his character - he's been been a major star. People love to see him fight because he brings war. If he does retire, all the best for him."

The win over Chisora was Parker's first under new trainer Andy Lee, and he is looking to showcase the improvements made from the extra time working under the tutelage of the Irishman.

"The trainer-fighter relationship is a lot stronger in the gym," Parker says.

"Outside of it, we have a lot of fun - it's relaxed and chilled - but in the gym it's intense. We understand each other and we've come up with a good plan for the fight."

Parker has relocated his camp to the United Kingdom and is training in Morecambe at friend and fellow heavyweight Tyson Fury's gym in Morecambe.

Fury first introduced him to trainer Lee, and Parker paid tribute to the WBC champion for supporting him throughout his career.

"From the start, he's always looked after me and treated me like his little brother," he says.

"He's shown how much he cares - he gave me his house in the last camp to stay in and he's given me his gym to use.

"Tyson has always made sure we're well looked after. I don't know a lot of people realise how generous he is."

While Parker still harbours world-title ambitions, he believes Fury "would beat any heavyweight out there", and with Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk holding the WBA, IBF and WBO titles, says all the world titles are "locked in".

"I'm not sure when those big world-title fights will be made for me so my goal, for now, is to win and win well against people who are in front of me," he adds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/59621917

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DEREK CHISORA stunned promoter Eddie Hearn with the silent treatment ahead of his rematch with Joseph Parker.

The 37-year-old fans’ favourite taped his mouth shut with the words ‘Eddie Hearn pay me to talk’ at the Stroller Hall in Manchester.

Hearn asked him “how much” but when Chisora ignored him the red-faced Matchroom boss had to turn to Parker to speak instead.

The madcap heavyweight walked into the room with his own giant speaker blaring out Purple Rain by Prince.

And the king of pre-fight antics then ignored rival promoter David Higgins’ handshake in favour of flicking him a middle finger.

Then, instead of talking to the press, Chisora played Queen song Bohemian Rhapsody and sheepish Hearn briefly sang along.

Hearn let his undercard fighters address the audience first, with silent Chisora’s mouth hidden by a branded covid-19 mask.

But after all the support stars had spoken, Hearn tried to get Del Boy to help sell the show but he kept hilariously schtum and unveiled the prank.

Chisora, now nicknamed War, has plenty of form for fight-week madness, ranging from Halloween body paint for the Oleksandr Usyk clash and hurling a table at bitter nemesis Dillian Whyte.

Chisora has spat water at Vitali Klitschko and planted a kiss on the lips of fuming Carl Baker in 2010.

Most of Chisora’s craziest stunts have appeared to boost last-minute PPV sales on Sky Sports.

But the veteran ace is now boxing on streaming app DAZN so appears to have toned down his efforts unless Hearn stumps up more moolah.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17062...n-mouth-taped/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cannot not like the swing for the fences approach that is Chisora but really seems like an unneeded rematch. More for Parker to 're-do' his momentum that went flatline as of late. No doubt Derek will go all in very early but with respect has he ever won the 'big' one . Or even come closer than having a non champ shook up but sucking wind down the stretch. His sully personality and gift for gab on the mic have paved the road. Honestly hope he flattens Parker but think he's on his very last legs.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora v Parker about to start.

Thread Information