Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
david b is an easier fight for canelo than caleb

You might be right. Benavidez is noticeably slower-handed than Canelo. He's also more of a plodder. I don't like the Canelo hype... but he has come a long way in the last few years. Canelo would outbox Benavidez and pick his spots. I'd have to say that at 168 Canelo is pretty untouchable right now. I don't like the way he's gotten there... but he's there.

Nobody mention Beterbiev, though. Canelo only previously popped up to 175 to pick off lame zebra Kovalev, who was drinking water from the pond after getting his bully mask ripped off by Ward. Just like Canelo only popped up to 168 (while at 160) to pick off lame gazelle Fielding, who was drinking water from a similar pond.

In both cases Canelo jumped right back.

Like great champion Juan Manuel Marquez and a host of other former great Mexican champions, I can't respect a man who does that.
canelo is at one sixty eight now so he went back up. he is also four belt unified, when none of the others even fought each other. if canelo retires without returning to one seventy five then we can call it a testing fight. canelo started at one forty. some fights never leave their division. i haven't seen you calling for david b, callum, caleb or billy joe to face dmitry or artur. there is also nothing stopping dmitry, artur & joe from fighting. it will make a bigger fight & opponent for canelo to face

David B, Callum, Caleb, or Billy Joe... none of them enjoy the massive level of overblown hype Canelo has enjoyed since puberty. So I haven't called them out on not facing Bivol or Beterviev.
Would I enjoy those fights?
Sure.
In all honesty I'd like all those guys to all fight each other before it's all over.

But it's Canelo who needs to fight the big boys if he's going to live up to his hype.
Not 5 years from now.
Not at some absurd catchweight with rehydration clauses.
Not with bought/corrupt judges who know better than to give someone else a decision against Canelo.

Now.

BTW... on picking off lame zebras at higher weights and scampering back down...

As Pacquiao rose through the weight divisions, he stayed. He fought the best there was at each division. Nothing was pre-calculated. He could've easily lost any of those fights.

In fact, had he lost... he would still have the same legacy he enjoys now.

It's the fabricated house of cards I have a problem with.