0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Benavidaz

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    david b is an easier fight for canelo than caleb

You might be right. Benavidez is noticeably slower-handed than Canelo. He's also more of a plodder. I don't like the Canelo hype... but he has come a long way in the last few years. Canelo would outbox Benavidez and pick his spots. I'd have to say that at 168 Canelo is pretty untouchable right now. I don't like the way he's gotten there... but he's there.

Nobody mention Beterbiev, though. Canelo only previously popped up to 175 to pick off lame zebra Kovalev, who was drinking water from the pond after getting his bully mask ripped off by Ward. Just like Canelo only popped up to 168 (while at 160) to pick off lame gazelle Fielding, who was drinking water from a similar pond.

In both cases Canelo jumped right back.

Like great champion Juan Manuel Marquez and a host of other former great Mexican champions, I can't respect a man who does that.
    canelo is at one sixty eight now so he went back up. he is also four belt unified, when none of the others even fought each other. if canelo retires without returning to one seventy five then we can call it a testing fight. canelo started at one forty. some fights never leave their division. i haven't seen you calling for david b, callum, caleb or billy joe to face dmitry or artur. there is also nothing stopping dmitry, artur & joe from fighting. it will make a bigger fight & opponent for canelo to face

David B, Callum, Caleb, or Billy Joe... none of them enjoy the massive level of overblown hype Canelo has enjoyed since puberty. So I haven't called them out on not facing Bivol or Beterviev.
    Would I enjoy those fights?
    Sure.
    In all honesty I'd like all those guys to all fight each other before it's all over.

But it's Canelo who needs to fight the big boys if he's going to live up to his hype.
    Not 5 years from now.
    Not at some absurd catchweight with rehydration clauses.
    Not with bought/corrupt judges who know better than to give someone else a decision against Canelo.

Now.

BTW... on picking off lame zebras at higher weights and scampering back down...

As Pacquiao rose through the weight divisions, he stayed. He fought the best there was at each division. Nothing was pre-calculated. He could've easily lost any of those fights.

In fact, had he lost... he would still have the same legacy he enjoys now.

It's the fabricated house of cards I have a problem with.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

david b is an easier fight for canelo than caleb

You might be right. Benavidez is noticeably slower-handed than Canelo. He's also more of a plodder. I don't like the Canelo hype... but he has come a long way in the last few years. Canelo would outbox Benavidez and pick his spots. I'd have to say that at 168 Canelo is pretty untouchable right now. I don't like the way he's gotten there... but he's there.

Nobody mention Beterbiev, though. Canelo only previously popped up to 175 to pick off lame zebra Kovalev, who was drinking water from the pond after getting his bully mask ripped off by Ward. Just like Canelo only popped up to 168 (while at 160) to pick off lame gazelle Fielding, who was drinking water from a similar pond.

In both cases Canelo jumped right back.

Like great champion Juan Manuel Marquez and a host of other former great Mexican champions, I can't respect a man who does that.
    canelo is at one sixty eight now so he went back up. he is also four belt unified, when none of the others even fought each other. if canelo retires without returning to one seventy five then we can call it a testing fight. canelo started at one forty. some fights never leave their division. i haven't seen you calling for david b, callum, caleb or billy joe to face dmitry or artur. there is also nothing stopping dmitry, artur & joe from fighting. it will make a bigger fight & opponent for canelo to face

David B, Callum, Caleb, or Billy Joe... none of them enjoy the massive level of overblown hype Canelo has enjoyed since puberty. So I haven't called them out on not facing Bivol or Beterviev.
    Would I enjoy those fights?
    Sure.
    In all honesty I'd like all those guys to all fight each other before it's all over.

But it's Canelo who needs to fight the big boys if he's going to live up to his hype.
    Not 5 years from now.
    Not at some absurd catchweight with rehydration clauses.
    Not with bought/corrupt judges who know better than to give someone else a decision against Canelo.

Now.

BTW... on picking off lame zebras at higher weights and scampering back down...

As Pacquiao rose through the weight divisions, he stayed. He fought the best there was at each division. Nothing was pre-calculated. He could've easily lost any of those fights.

In fact, had he lost... he would still have the same legacy he enjoys now.

It's the fabricated house of cards I have a problem with.
    you might not agree with the advantages or decisions canelo has received. he still has to fight these guys. the opponents on canelo's record is mostly a who's who of his generation
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benavidez was a one man wrecking crew last night but needed to be and expected against Kryone Davis. Davis proved a really determined hard nut but was being absolutely wrecked before corner threw in the towel. Have the feeling he'll sit at mandatory #1 spot well into next year when Canelo comes back in May. Waiting him out a bit or quite possibly he and Canelo meet at Lt hvy .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez’s trainer/manager Eddy Reynoso names the four options for his next fight – David Benavidez, Jermall Charlo, Dmitry Bivol and Artur Beterbiev

Canelo Alvarez cemented his place as boxing’s pound-for-pound king as he was crowned undisputed super-middleweight champion on November 6.

The Mexican superstar knocked out Caleb Plant to bring together all four belts at 168lbs, but attention has already turned to what could come next.

As he secured his free agency last year, Canelo is now able to completely call the shots with regards to how he runs his career.

The 31-year-old will work with trainer/manager Eddy Reynoso to devise his plan, identify his next opponent and then negotiate with the relevant promoter to make the fight.

And Reynoso has now named the four fighters who are options for Canelo to face next.

David Benavidez (25-0, 22 KOs)

Benavidez is a 24-year-old American who has twice held the WBC super-middleweight title, but was stripped for testing positive for cocaine and then for missing weight.

Now, he appears to be back on the right track and wants a shot at regaining his crown.

Jermall Charlo (32-0, 22 KOs)
    Charlo is a 31-year-old American who has held belts at super-welterweight and middleweight.

He has been pursuing a bout with Canelo for several years and would likely be willing to move up to super-middleweight to make it happen.

Artur Beterbiev (16-0, 16 KOs)
    Beterbiev is a 36-year-old Russian who has two of the four world titles at light-heavyweight.

Many believe that the WBC and IBF champion, who has knocked out all of his opponents to date, would be the toughest test for Canelo.

Dmitry Bivol (18-0, 11 KOs)
    Bivol is a 30-year-old Russian who is WBA light-heavyweight champion.

While also a hard-hitter like Beterbiev, Bivol is very technically skilled and would present different challenges for Canelo.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...vol-beterbiev/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo Alvarez’s trainer/manager Eddy Reynoso names the four options for his next fight – David Benavidez, Jermall Charlo, Dmitry Bivol and Artur Beterbiev

Canelo Alvarez cemented his place as boxing’s pound-for-pound king as he was crowned undisputed super-middleweight champion on November 6.

The Mexican superstar knocked out Caleb Plant to bring together all four belts at 168lbs, but attention has already turned to what could come next.

As he secured his free agency last year, Canelo is now able to completely call the shots with regards to how he runs his career.

The 31-year-old will work with trainer/manager Eddy Reynoso to devise his plan, identify his next opponent and then negotiate with the relevant promoter to make the fight.

And Reynoso has now named the four fighters who are options for Canelo to face next.

Benavidez is a 24-year-old American who has twice held the WBC super-middleweight title, but was stripped for testing positive for cocaine and then for missing weight.

Now, he appears to be back on the right track and wants a shot at regaining his crown.

Charlo is a 31-year-old American who has held belts at super-welterweight and middleweight.

He has been pursuing a bout with Canelo for several years and would likely be willing to move up to super-middleweight to make it happen.

Beterbiev is a 36-year-old Russian who has two of the four world titles at light-heavyweight.

Many believe that the WBC and IBF champion, who has knocked out all of his opponents to date, would be the toughest test for Canelo.

While also a hard-hitter like Beterbiev, Bivol is very technically skilled and would present different challenges for Canelo.

Now I’m not one of those guys who hangs off Canelo’s nuts, but I have to say if he fights any of those guys on the list, then it’s hard to criticise him.
    If it’s Charlo, his critics will be saying he should’ve fought Beterbiev . No doubt if he fights Beterbiev , some people will criticise him and say he waited for Beterbiev to get old or some such bollocks.
    I happen to think the toughest fight on that list is Bivol, but we’ll soon find out.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Now I’m not one of those guys who hangs off Canelo’s nuts, but I have to say if he fights any of those guys on the list, then it’s hard to criticise him.
    If it’s Charlo, his critics will be saying he should’ve fought Beterbiev . No doubt if he fights Beterbiev , some people will criticise him and say he waited for Beterbiev to get old or some such bollocks.
    I happen to think the toughest fight on that list is Bivol, but we’ll soon find out.

Well I guess we all now know how this mystery novel ends.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CANELO ALVAREZ's old promoter Oscar De La Hoya says the Mexican won't fight David Benavidez as he's "too young and talented".

The four-weight world champion won his trilogy with Gennady Golovkin last month, getting back to winning ways after losing to Dmitry Bivol.

And attention has now turned towards who the 32-year-old could square off against next, with some calling for him to take on unbeaten super middleweight Benavidez.

The American, 25, has won 23 of his 26 wins via knockout and would be a big challenge to any of the top dogs in the division.

But former world champ De La Hoya says he won't face off against Canelo.

De La Hoya, who used to promote Canelo until their bitter split in 2020, says Benavidez is "too young and talented" for the Mexican.

Answering a fan's question on a potential match-up between the two super middleweights, De La Hoya said on Instagram: "Canelo will never fight him (Benavidez), he's too young and talented."

Someone who might be young, but not as talented as Benavidez and could face Canelo, is YouTube star-turned-boxer Jake Paul.

Paul, 25, has vowed to defeat Canelo if the boxing superstar is "dumb enough" to fight him.

He said: "He looks like he's on the decline. I said it before guys, Jake Paul versus Canelo, I win. I guarantee you that.

"You guys thought I was crazy at first but that's because you guys can't beat Canelo.

"I guarantee you that if Canelo and I fight one day - if he's dumb enough to get in the ring with me - I will beat his f***ing ass."

The Ohio-born Problem Child also backed Benavidez to beat Canelo.

He said following Canelo's win over Golovkin: "Triple G looked old but also Canelo looked old.

"He started to fade in the later rounds and Triple G took a while to get started.

"If Canelo goes against someone who is younger, faster and boxes him on the outside and can keep that stamina up for rounds 9, 10, 11 and 12 - someone like David Benavidez for example - then it's going to be a bad night for Canelo."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20005...ar-de-la-hoya/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information