Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jaime Munguia v Gabriel Rosado 13/11/21

Despite only being 25 years of age, Jaime Munguia is already being tipped as the next Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez - and could face his countryman 'in the near future', according to his promoter Oscar De La Hoya.

The middleweight, who has a knockout-to-win ratio of 81%, has gained a formidable reputation as a knockout artist. Munguia's most notable wins have come against Sadam Ali, Liam Smith and Gary O'Sullivan.

But what you might not know is that he is also a budding Twitch streamer who enjoys playing computer games with his friends in his spare time.

When he's not working out or sparring in the gym, Munguia can be found racking up killstreaks on Call of Duty: Warzone, just like many young men do in this day and age.

"I like Call of Duty, it helps me stay focused," Munguia exclusively told GIVEMESPORT.

"You get to see a completely different side to me, although I'm still quite competitive.

"But it's a nice break from boxing and it's something fun to do."

Unlike some of his peers, Munguia doesn't care that much about the numbers on social media, but even he admits it's hard to ignore the comparisons to Canelo Alvarez.

"I'm very flattered that people are making those references to Canelo," Munguia said through his translator.

"Obviously he's a great fighter so it's really nice to be compared to someone like that.

"People seem to enjoy my style of fighting and I love to put on a show for the fans so I'm really flattered by those comparisons."

Munguia hails from the sprawling metropolis of Tijuana, the westernmost city in Mexico, which is approximately a 24-hour drive from Guadalajara, the place Canelo once called home before he emigrated to the United States.

"Yes, of course. I would love to fight Canelo," he added.

But it's not just Canelo he has his eye on, as he said he is also targeting a boxing match with Gennady Golovkin in the future.

A Golovkin bout, Munguia said, would be an exciting dogfight and one that would really get the crowd going. If he beats Gabriel Rosado on Saturday, Munguia said he'd speak to De La Hoya about putting together the bout with Golovkin.

"I would also really like to fight Triple G," Munguia said of Golovkin.

"I think that would be a really good fight and I hope I get to fight him next if I beat Gabriel Rosado."

But first he must overcome the dangerous Rosado, a 41-fight veteran journeyman and former two-time world title challenger.

Munguia has spent his entire training camp in his home country Mexico tuning up for the fight and said: "I respect him as a fighter. His record isn't the best but it's not a true reflection of his skills.

"Gabriel has a really good style, he's a warrior, and he has a lot of experience in the ring.

"I think both our styles will make for a really great fight on November 13."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jaime Munguia v Gabriel Rosado 13/11/21

if the fight was at one sixty eight i think gabe could take it. at one sixty jamie might ice gabe late
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rosado is going to out perform Munguia.
    He will win this fight unless the judges rob him or he gets a bad cut.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gabe's knockout of the bully
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brewing into a nice mini war midway. Munguia has found his man strength but not without Rosado getting in early. Rosado doing his best Vinny Paz.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Munguia has really improved in putting his punches together with added hand speed. Both laid it all out in a war but Munguia really started pounded Gabe badly in the last number of rounds. Respect to Rosado took about 4 rounds but occasionally he comes off like a thick kook acting like just staying upright means you earned the decision.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jaime has an engine on him. throwing nice combos. he still needs to plug some holes in that defense

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information