530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo eyes another lame zebra

Canelo's Latest 15 Opponents - Analyzed

Amir Khan - May 2016 - middleweight

Circus fight. The chinny Khan had previously been KTFOed at super lightweight by Danny Garcia. He made the jump from WELTER to MIDDLE to fight Canelo. Predictable as hell.

Liam Smith - Sept 2016 - super welter

Canelo has built his "legacy" on the backs of willing British victims. This was one of them.

JCC Jr. - May 2017 - 164 lbs

Typical weight shenanigans. GGG was available at 160, but that's when DLH coined the phrase "marinating" a fight. Supposedly Ginger wasn't ready for 160 just yet. Yet he found it fit to go fight "mummy" Junior at 164.

GGG - Sept 2017 - middleweight

Ok, so NOW Canelo was ready... and fought Golovkin at 160. Golovkin clearly won... but was robbed of the victory by the inexplicable card of WOMAN judge Adelaide Byrd (probably smitten with Ginger) of 118-110. We hope it was good for her.

GGG - Sept 2018 - middleweight

Cheater Ginger was coming off a 6-month slap on the wrist for PED use, and had his second fight with Golovkin. Again... the judges predictably favored Canelo, and he came off with the victory.

Rocky Fielding - Dec 2018 - super middleweight

Canelo needed only 3 months to turn around and get ready for Fielding, which he must've spied at 168 as a lame zebra of a titleholder. Did I mention Fielding is British? He picked up a new trinket and came back down to 160.

Daniel Jacobs - May 2019 - middleweight (legitimate opponent and victory)

One of the precious few fights I'll give Canelo full credit. No weight issues or diva clauses... and a legitimate opponent. Jacobs is not British.

Sergey Kovalev - Nov 2019 - light heavyweight

Another find by the Canelo Opponent Finding Computer. Kovalev had been exposed as a former bully with a weakness against body shots and a weak will. Shameful effort by Kovalev in a suspicious looking fight. After grabbing THAT trinket, Canelo scurried back to 168.

Callum Smith - Dec 2020 - super middleweight

Yet another willing British victim. Folded like a cheap lawn chair in another shameful effort. Just for that, I'll be rooting for Beterbiev to knock his block off in August.

Avni Yildirim - Feb 2021 - super middleweight

(no comment)

Billy Joe Saunders - May 2021 - super middleweight

Finally it seems Ginger has settled at 168 (at least until a cheap trinket is available from another lame zebra). Oh WAIT... BJS is British... damn. But to my pleasant surprise, BJS is giving more than he's receiving and actually trying to make a fight out of it, and avenge previous British victims. That is... until previous light welter Canelo from years past (and having been nabbed doing PEDs)... somehow breaks Billy Joe's orbital bone with one shot. Hmm... not suspicious at all.

Caleb Plant - Nov 2021 - super middleweight (legitimate opponent and victory)

It must be said that around this time, Ginger was going for yet another trinket. He wanted Ilunga Makabu at cruiserweight. Must've seen film on Makabu and was planning to go on PEDs again. Luckily it fell through. Anyway... Plant comported himself well enough. Legitimate victory over a game but underpowered opponent.

Dmitry Bivol - May 2022 - light heavyweight

AHHH... this is where the Canelo Opponent Finding Computer finally fukked up. One of my favorite fights ever. Dmitry beat Ginger from pillar to post, and STILL found himself winning BY ONE ROUND on each of the three scorecards. Canelo's judges were all set to rob Bivol... but even THEY couldn't justify such a fukked up robbery. Canelo was beaten like a red-headed stepchild.

GGG - Sept 2022 - super middleweight

Ginger had to save face somehow. So he DRAGGED 40-year old Golovkin up to super middle, a division at which GGG had never fought before. But then isn't that just like Ginger? Predictable as the sunrise.

John Ryder - May 2023 - super middleweight

Time for another British guy, I guess. Enter John Ryder. The usual "this guy's dangerous" bullshit... and another "legacy" building fight for Ginger.

And HERE we stand.

Canelo... still smarting from his second OFFICIAL career loss (he's really had more)... the first one being the laugher against Floyd... insisted on wanting a rematch against Bivol. No dice, said Bivol. It's either at 168, or not at all. Ginger's not used to someone else calling the shots... so away he went, sulking.

THEN he turned his attention to Badou Jack. "I want the cruiserweight title", Ginger said. "But you gotta come down to 180 pounds."

Pathetic, even for Ginger.

Predictably, Jack told Ginger to fukk off. That he should give the fans what they want and fight David Benavidez, who has been calling Ginger out for years.

So naturally Ginger ignored that and went off to find an easy challenge.

Enter Jermall Charlo. A guy with more than 2 years on inactivity... and yet ANOTHER dude who has never fought at super middleweight.

Yes. I'm a Canelo hater and have been one since Day One. That's because I like REAL fighters. Not manufactured divas.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yes. I'm a Canelo hater and have been one since Day One.
    nothing else needs to be said
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Yes. I own up to it, and give the reasons why.

BTW the previous analysis was free of charge.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it was a fair assessment of Canelo but I would give Saul more credit for unifying the super middleweight division and taking on Bivol.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I think it was a fair assessment of Canelo but I would give Saul more credit for unifying the super middleweight division and taking on Bivol.

I can't argue against that. Once he settled in at 168, it became his division. Not one of the strongest divisions, mind you. Plus, I'm sorry... but this element of his resume with feasting on easy opponents who happened to be British... Canelo should forever thank the UK for that. It's a disproportionate amount of success.

Taking on Bivol... ok, yes again. One of the precious few times he's ventured into dangerous waters without any diva clauses, marination, catchweights, or other such nonsense. Personally, I think that was a mistake from him and his team that I'm sure he secretly swore never to do again. Now he's back to his usual ways, wanting to drag Badou Jack to 180 and STILL fight for a cruiserweight championship. It's embarrassing for boxing.

Rarely, if ever, has a high profile champion such as Canelo been so blatantly and unabashedly open about jumping one, or even two divisions, to go after hampered, exposed, or just plain weak-ass champions for a damn trinket. That to me is the legacy that Canelo's going to leave behind.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not to mention that he's got a legit 168-pounder staring him in the face, who has called him out for years. So what does Canelo do? Go fight another blown up middleweight for the SUPER middleweight titles. A guy who would've been a good opponent a few years ago and 20-pounds ago... but Canelo obviously waits till now. And not to mention the fact that this guy hasn't fought in over two years.

There's too many damning facts out there to make any kind of defense. And yet... just like with another famous, red-headed celebrity... that's exactly what his fans do.

Hmm... come to think of it... I see a couple of parallels.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say this
    Canelo has a better choice of opponents at PBC than at DAZN
    Charlo, Benavidez & Andrade or Morrell are better than Munguia & Berlanga

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tim Tszyu has slammed Jermell Charlo and Canelo Alvarez for fighting each other and claimed they are 'ducking' better fights.

Taking to Instagram, he said: “Canelo ducks [David] Benavidez. Charlo ducks Tszyu. #boxing."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...alvarez-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tim Tszyu has slammed Jermell Charlo and Canelo Alvarez for fighting each other and claimed they are 'ducking' better fights.

Taking to Instagram, he said: “Canelo ducks [David] Benavidez. Charlo ducks Tszyu. #boxing."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...alvarez-fight/
    I don’t think Tszyu needs to be too pissed off. Charlo goes up 2 weights, he ain’t coming back down , so Tszyu can make the division his if he’s good enough.
    All he’s pissed off about is because he needed Charlo to make good dollar. Tough shit I say, make your own legacy.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't leave this out of this thread.

Ok. I get it.

It's not only the collecting of trinkets by playing hopscotch around the weight divisions.

It's also "undisputed vs undisputed."

Gotcha.

I've got the next Canelo match.

"Canelo vs Haney"

Hey. Other than Ginger and Jermell, Devin is the only other undisputed champion.

Let's make it happen.

But I'm not without a plan. Hear me out.

Devin's at lightweight, but we all know he's kinda big for a lightweight. In fact, Devin stands at 5' 8" (same as Ginger)... and has a 71" reach (half inch longer than Ginger's).

So there you go. We have the makings of another "legacy-making", "Hollywood-script-making", "matinee-idol-creating", "fanboy-pleasing"... but pretty much MEANINGLESS CIRCUS FIGHT. (Oops, sorry... I let that last one slip out).

Let's call it: Canelo Hunts Down All the Undisputed Champs

All we gotta do is gorge Haney up to a catchweight of 164 pounds. Ginger will make the supreme sacrifice of draining himself those 4 pounds under the supermiddle limit.

Then we do a masterful video of Devin's knockout victories to show how dangerous an opponent he is to Canelo.

Then we market the SHIT out of the fight, calling it The Fight of the Millennium.

Here you go. I've started it. Someone else needs to add all the bells and whistles.

Thread Information