Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo eyes another lame zebra

I am not a big Canelo fan, but I don't understand how the Mayweather fight can be used against him. He was young, he stepped in with a very smart, very skilled fighter. He lost and he used the experience to improve himself. That was a decade ago and anybody that cannot see how that fight made him better hasn't been paying attention.
    Nobody wins every fight, not if they have balls and take chances. Canelo lost and got better because of it, which is exactly what you are supposed to do.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I am not a big Canelo fan, but I don't understand how the Mayweather fight can be used against him. He was young, he stepped in with a very smart, very skilled fighter. He lost and he used the experience to improve himself. That was a decade ago and anybody that cannot see how that fight made him better hasn't been paying attention.
    Nobody wins every fight, not if they have balls and take chances. Canelo lost and got better because of it, which is exactly what you are supposed to do.

You know... I have no issues with any of the points you've just made. In fact, I wholeheartedly agree that Canelo learned from his fight against Floyd.

My problem begins when people (mostly Canelo diehard fans) try to make it out like Canelo first of all deserved to be in the ring with Floyd (he didn't)... and second... try to make it out like the fight was closer than it was (it wasn't). Make no mistake about it. Many much more deserving fighters than Canelo (at that time) never got a crack at Floyd. But because of the pressure put on Floyd by the legions of blind Canelo fans and media... the fight was made. Sort of reminds me a little of when Ricky Hatton claimed to be somewhere in the p4p conversation and also got a fight vs Floyd. He got schooled. Just because a fighter gets a fight against an ATG... that doesn't mean he deserves it. There's a lot of money and inside politics at play. Yes... Canelo has gotten better since the Floyd fight. He would almost have to, wouldn't he? Every fight is a learning experience. Had Canelo and his fans just chalked it up as that... everything would be cool. But no. Blind Canelo fans want to claim that the fight was closer than it was... which of course is a crock.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.boxinginsider.com/headli...n%20the%20ring.

"Leonard Ellerbe Reflects On Floyd Mayweather Vs. Canelo Alvarez: “Probably Floyd’s Easiest Fight Ever”

There are plenty more opinions like this. But the most telling one is from Floyd himself. He has said the same thing.

CJ Ross was on Canelo's payroll. (Either that or she was having close encounters with the Ginger diva).
    floyd would be able to prove that claim yeh?

Uhh... (patiently)... Floyd was the one who actually fought Ginger. So (try to stay with me on this... it gets complicated)... Floyd would be the one to say what his easiest fight has been.

But thanks for providing...

I'm actually looking forward these exchanges... as you continue to bury yourself and any shred of credibility you may have had on any subject.

Yeh.
    you said floyd said cj ross was on canelo's payroll. that is the claim i am asking about

I said that Floyd said the same thing as Leonard Ellerbe. That Ginger was his easiest fight of them all.

I was the one that said that CJ Ross was on Ginger's payroll. Either that or they were having some "close encounters."

Before you get off on a rant asking me to prove my claim...........

It was a hyperbole.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican Mafia had "encouraged" Ross to be generous to Ginger on the scoring. Either way, it was the shittiest judging job in boxing history. And that's NOT a hyperbole.
    sorry i thought you were saying floyd made that claim. so just another exaggerated false statement from you as usual. i have seen worse scorecards & i don't agree that it was floyd's easiest fight

You'd have to take that up with Floyd, who happens to be the person who actually fought Ginger, and considers Ginger as his easiest fight.

I'd imagine he'd say something along the lines of... "Who the fukk are you to tell me what my easiest fight was?"
    i just thought it might be something to discuss on the forum. fighters are always going to talk shit. for me a first round knockout is easier than going twelve rounds
    Not necessarily. You could be getting smashed out of sight and with 20 seconds to go in the round and throw a Hail Mary! Versus jogging around a ring and not getting touched and totally bossing a fight .
    Anyway like @TitoFan said , if Floyd says it’s his easiest fight, it’s his easiest fight.
    And if you don’t agree and in your opinion you don’t think it was his easiest fight, then you have to prove it! Tell me , how do you KNOW it wasn’t Floyd’s easiest fight?
    (See what I did there?)
    floyd can say what he wants. i don't agree with him. it's just my opinion. you don't have to agree with it. from my own experience it is harder to jog around a ring for two rounds rather than one round. you are having to do extra
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Leonard Ellerbe Reflects On Floyd Mayweather Vs. Canelo Alvarez: “Probably Floyd’s Easiest Fight Ever”

There are plenty more opinions like this. But the most telling one is from Floyd himself. He has said the same thing.

CJ Ross was on Canelo's payroll. (Either that or she was having close encounters with the Ginger diva).

Uhh... (patiently)... Floyd was the one who actually fought Ginger. So (try to stay with me on this... it gets complicated)... Floyd would be the one to say what his easiest fight has been.

I'm actually looking forward these exchanges... as you continue to bury yourself and any shred of credibility you may have had on any subject.

Yeh.
    you said floyd said cj ross was on canelo's payroll. that is the claim i am asking about

I said that Floyd said the same thing as Leonard Ellerbe. That Ginger was his easiest fight of them all.

I was the one that said that CJ Ross was on Ginger's payroll. Either that or they were having some "close encounters."

It was a hyperbole.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican Mafia had "encouraged" Ross to be generous to Ginger on the scoring. Either way, it was the shittiest judging job in boxing history. And that's NOT a hyperbole.
    sorry i thought you were saying floyd made that claim. so just another exaggerated false statement from you as usual. i have seen worse scorecards & i don't agree that it was floyd's easiest fight

You'd have to take that up with Floyd, who happens to be the person who actually fought Ginger, and considers Ginger as his easiest fight.

I'd imagine he'd say something along the lines of... "Who the fukk are you to tell me what my easiest fight was?"
    i just thought it might be something to discuss on the forum. fighters are always going to talk shit. for me a first round knockout is easier than going twelve rounds
    Not necessarily. You could be getting smashed out of sight and with 20 seconds to go in the round and throw a Hail Mary! Versus jogging around a ring and not getting touched and totally bossing a fight .
    Anyway like @TitoFan said , if Floyd says it’s his easiest fight, it’s his easiest fight.
    And if you don’t agree and in your opinion you don’t think it was his easiest fight, then you have to prove it! Tell me , how do you KNOW it wasn’t Floyd’s easiest fight?
    (See what I did there?)
    floyd can say what he wants. i don't agree with him. it's just my opinion. you don't have to agree with it. from my own experience it is harder to jog around a ring for two rounds rather than one round. you are having to do extra
    1. Yes, Floyd can say what he wants.
    2. How can you not agree with him? If he says it was his easiest fight , then it was! IT’S A FACT! if you “don’t agree”, then you must prove he’s wrong.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

It was a hyperbole.

(See what I did there?)
    2. How can you not agree with him? If he says it was his easiest fight , then it was! IT’S A FACT! if you “don’t agree”, then you must prove he’s wrong.
    floyd saying something doesn't make it a fact. exerting energy for twelve rounds rather than one round is harder. try it yourself. do three minutes of exercise & then do six minutes of exercise. you are exerting more energy & your body is working harder the longer you go
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

It was a hyperbole.

(See what I did there?)
    floyd saying something doesn't make it a fact. exerting energy for twelve rounds rather than one round is harder. try it yourself. do three minutes of exercise & then do six minutes of exercise. you are exerting more energy & your body is working harder the longer you go

Proof! Proof! Proof! Proof!

So far I don't see any proof that Canelo wasn't Floyd's easiest fight.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

It was a hyperbole.

(See what I did there?)

you can verify it yourself. try doing one round & compare it to doing twelve rounds. your body will be working harder over twelve rounds. if you are working harder then it can't be easier

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

It was a hyperbole.

(See what I did there?)

you can verify it yourself. try doing one round & compare it to doing twelve rounds. your body will be working harder over twelve rounds. if you are working harder then it can't be easier

The duration of the fight is YOUR criteria for how easy a fight is.

It's obviously not FLOYD'S criteria.

So you're in effect not only ignoring what the man himself says about the Canelo fight..... but you're also trying to impose your criteria on HIM.

It all sounds totally shaky to me.

Again... all we're asking is for you to PROVE why Canelo wasn't Floyd's easiest fight.

So far the only people who have come up with any actual proof is Primo and myself.

The FACT that Floyd said so himself.

Only someone such as yourself can continue the asinine argument that Floyd himself doesn't know what his easiest fight was.

If I were you I'd quit while your (cough) "logic" hasn't yet been torn to shreds.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

It was a hyperbole.

(See what I did there?)

So you're in effect not only ignoring what the man himself says about the Canelo fight..... but you're also trying to impose your criteria on HIM.

Again... all we're asking is for you to PROVE why Canelo wasn't Floyd's easiest fight.

So far the only people who have come up with any actual proof is Primo and myself.

Only someone such as yourself can continue the asinine argument that Floyd himself doesn't know what his easiest fight was.

If I were you I'd quit while your (cough) "logic" hasn't yet been torn to shreds.
    i'm saying it is harder to fight twelve rounds rather than it is one round. you can verify this yourself. it's common sense. floyd can say what he wants. i doesn't make it true. do you think it is easier to fight twelve rounds than one round? that is not logical at all

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

It was a hyperbole.

(See what I did there?)

i'm saying it is harder to fight twelve rounds rather than it is one round. you can verify this yourself. it's common sense. floyd can say what he wants. i doesn't make it true. do you think it is easier to fight twelve rounds than one round? that is not logical at all

I shouldn't have to spell it out for you... then again no one should have to spell out anything for you. But you insist on looking at micro slivers of situations to base your asinine arguments.

So I'll indulge you just this once and I won't repeat it.

Say Fighter A is in a fight where he's getting beaten from pillar to post. Toward the end of the first round, he throws a Hail Mary with his eyes closed and lands a lucky punch... ending the fight.

Say Fighter B is in a 12-round fight where he effectively and laughingly shuts out the outclassed opponent with ease. But is content with letting the fight go the 12 rounds.

Who had the easier fight?

Class dismissed.

Besides... Floyd said Canelo was his easiest fight. This is an open and shut case. Your continuing to argue the point continues to make you look like a pathetic Ginger fanboy.

We wouldn't want that now, would we?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

It was a hyperbole.

(See what I did there?)

I shouldn't have to spell it out for you... then again no one should have to spell out anything for you. But you insist on looking at micro slivers of situations to base your asinine arguments.

So I'll indulge you just this once and I won't repeat it.

Say Fighter A is in a fight where he's getting beaten from pillar to post. Toward the end of the first round, he throws a Hail Mary with his eyes closed and lands a lucky punch... ending the fight.

Say Fighter B is in a 12-round fight where he effectively and laughingly shuts out the outclassed opponent with ease. But is content with letting the fight go the 12 rounds.

Who had the easier fight?

Class dismissed.

Besides... Floyd said Canelo was his easiest fight. This is an open and shut case. Your continuing to argue the point continues to make you look like a pathetic Ginger fanboy.

We wouldn't want that now, would we?
    we are not talking about fighter a or fighter b. we are talking about floyd's easiest fight. you avoided my question about fighting one round compared to twelve rounds. lets say every round is the same or you are doing the same exercise for three minutes. it is harder to do thirty six minutes compared to three minutes on account of having to exert more energy & do the extra work. that is common sense. floyd had an easier fight against tony duran based solely on the fact he didn't need to fight another eleven rounds, not even taking into consideration the extra punches canelo landed over those eleven rounds. i guess you agree that floyd is the best ever because he says so, as that is your reasoning on agreeing with him saying what his easiest fight was, floyd said

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd did not say it was the easiest fight of his whole career but the easiest of his biggest fights. Stop taking everything literally.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Floyd did not say it was the easiest fight of his whole career but the easiest of his biggest fights. Stop taking everything literally.

Not gonna happen, as that is the modus operandi of conspiracy theory arguments.

1. Focus on a sliver of an entire argument, skewing the real meaning.
    2. Pound on that sliver incessantly, to the point of repeating the same phrases over and over, as if that's going to win the argument.
    3. Shift the burden of proof to the opposite side, regardless of the circumstances (In this case, it is ENTIRELY FLOYD'S PREROGATIVE TO DECIDE WHICH HAS BEEN HIS EASIEST FIGHT).
    4. Throw around words like science, proof, evidence, in a comical effort to add the specter of intelligence to their side of the conversation.
    5. Use the pit bull mentality. Once you've bitten down... don't let go no matter how many times you get hit over the head.
    6. Play semantics. It takes the focus off the real issue.
    7. Call your opinions FACTS and opposing facts OPINIONS. Takes a certain skill to do this... but I think they go to Conspiracy Theorist School.
    8. The comical need to have the last word. Like in the playground. Whoever has the last word wins..... even if he doesn't.

This hilarious effort to make it a "one versus twelve" argument totally oversimplifies what is actually an unwinnable argument for him. But being who he is, he'd rather die than give in. So he trudges on. (See: COVID)

He totally ignored my example of a one-round fight being harder than a twelve-round fight.

You know WHY he ignored it?

'Cause he doesn't have an argument... and he knows it. But he thinks that by bludgeoning everyone with his asinine lack of fucking logic... he'll eventually tire everyone out and he'll have the last word.

It's like having an argument in elementary school.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have one word of advice for a Conspiracy Theorist such as tic.

(Note to tic: You don't like to be labeled a Conspiracy Theorist, but that wall you posted would the pride and joy of any Conspiracy Theorist that ever existed. It's actually pretty impressive, in a disturbing sort of way).

The advice is this:

• Choose your battles. You want to make outlandish claims that no one else believes, like COVID is just one big hoax and doesn't exist? Go right ahead. Use your semantics and pseudoscience. Knock yourself out. That goes for all the other Conspiracy Theories out there. But dude... when you let your "fanboy-ism" drive you to contradict a statement made by the person himself of his OWN experience... like you're doing with Floyd's easiest fight... it crosses over into the realm of the truly pathetic. Not wanting to budge an inch on your adoration of Ginger, you challenge a statement made by FLOYD HIMSELF that Ginger was his easiest fight. Then you equally as pathetically try to apply some sort of twisted logic to it. Stop. Just stop.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    titofan said floyd said canelo was his easiest fight. are you saying titofan posted another false statement? i disagree with that statement. do you think tony duran was a harder fight than canelo? it's harder to fight twelve rounds than it is one round. it's harder to take over one hundred punches than two punches. it's harder to concentrate for thirty six minutes than it is for just over a minute. if it is harder then it can't be easier

Thread Information