Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
i didn't rate el famoso as great opposition when floyd fought him. not over joel or acelino. demarcus is far from great opposition. had lost to zab, why not fight zab before he lost to cory? i would have always wanted floyd to fight joel or acelino over el famoso before moving up. & i would have always wanted floyd to face kostya & zab before he lost to cory over demarcus. zab had already lost to tata baldomir when floyd faced him, i can't call that great opposition. floyd should have lost on a disqualification to zab as well. floyd called out winky & then backed out of the fight. my response is in disagreement to your statement that starting with diego corrales, floyd went on a tear of fighting great opposition & i stand by my response. even diego was facing jail time & weight drained. floyd wanted a catchweight for canelo. there is nothing wrong with losing to a great fighter, especially if you learn from it & improve, which i feel canelo has done. the gun point reference was to your statement that the only way to get a decision against canelo in vegas (his backyard) is to threaten the judges at gunpoint. floyd fought canelo in vegas, so i asked if he had to threaten the judges at gunpoint to get the decision as you claimed must be done. why would i mention amir as a canelo opponent when i am talking about percieved risks? same with rocky & avni, why would i mention them when i am talking about canelo's perceived risks. pac was asking for catchweights before canelo even fought shane. marinating has been around long before canelo, sometimes leading to fights not happening at all. canelo is taking another risk in moving up to face the unbeaten dmitry next
No, Floyd didn’t have to hold the judges at gunpoint for a decision…………….But he nearly did! He won EVERY ROUND, YES EVERY FUCKING ROUND, AND ONE JUDGE STILL GAVE IT AS A DRAW!!
Bear in mind , Floyd was the A-side, and is hardly not lacking in influence himself.
So to get it even that close is plain ridiculous.
so titofans statement that the only way to get a decision against canelo in vegas (his backyard) is to threaten the judges at gunpoint is false? i didn't think floyd won every round. floyd was the a-side & not lacking in influence hhimself. i don't think a draw is ridiculous. i had canelo losing but i could see a case for two extra rounds that a judge might have given to canelo that would make it a draw

Once again... this short statement is really all we need to know.