530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo eyes another lame zebra

https://sports.yahoo.com/wbc-approve...005615483.html

Did anybody NOT see this coming??

The dude LEAPS over Beterbiev... to chase another meaningless trinket from an old NOBODY.

It's official, folks......

Canelo's a little bitch.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo eyes another lame zebra

Canelo Alvarez to pile on 32lb to face cruiserweight world champion

Alvarez is set to make a surprise move to cruiserweight to face WBC champion Ilunga Makabu after the governing body approved the shot at their annual convention which is set to take place in May or June

Canelo Alvarez will attempt to make a 32lb rise to challenge cruiserweight world champion Ilunga Makabu next year.

The Mexican has recently become undisputed champion at super-middleweight by defeating Caleb Plant to unify all four belts for the first time in history.

And he will now seek to win a world title in a fifth weight division against Makabu after the bout was approved by the WBC.

Any meeting between the pair has been approved to take place in April or May of next year, with Alvarez plotting his return after four fights in a calendar year.

"The WBC has approved unanimously Canelo to fight for the WBC cruiserweight championship of the world," WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said. "This is a surprise to me but I'm sure he will continue to make history."

Makabu is currently on a nine-fight winning streak and earned the WBC strap back in 2019 with victory against Dmitry Kudryashov.

The Congolese star is familiar to British fans having been defeated by Tony Bellew on a famous night at Goodison Park in 2016.

He stands at 6'0 and 200lbs which is a considerably larger stature than the Mexican four-weight world champion who is 5'8 and has never fought above 175lb.

Alvarez has had a remarkable rise through the super-middleweight division, defeating Callum Smith, Avni Yildirim and Billy Joe Saunders before challenging for the undisputed title.

And after rallying to an explosive late stoppage against Plant in Las Vegas earlier this month, he has consolidated his place further as the pound-for-pound No.1.

The 31-year-old has had a glittering career in the sport having began his career by becoming world champion at super-welterweight.

He then moved up to middleweight where he fought in two gruelling tests against rival Gennady Golovkin.

Alvarez has also reigned as a light-heavyweight champion having defeated Sergey Kovalev back in 2019.

He spoke after his fight with Plant about the possibility of returning to light-heavyweight which was also confirmed by his trainer Eddy Reynoso's four-fight shortlist.

If any fight falls through against the African champion, Reynoso previously stated a four-man opponent list for his fighter next year.

"There are several boxers who are in line," Reynoso declared to La Aficion. "[Artur] Bertebiev, [Dmitry] Bivol, [Jermall] Charlo, [David] Benavidez. We will see with whom we can reach a good negotiation.

"It's a lot of weight, at 168 pounds we feel very good and we prepare really well.

"We put in strength and he doesn't wear out. I think 168 [pounds] is better and we'll see who wants to fight him at that weight."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-face-25477099
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo could jump another two divisions again to take on a world champion in that division. the legend continue to grow
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo Alvarez to pile on 32lb to face cruiserweight world champion

]
    No way this will be at 200lbs though.... If it is then fair enough, sure makubu isn't that great but he's pretty strong and tough and that's a big weight difference.. If it's a catch weight under something like 190 then it's a bit crap..

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahahaha... He could've made it a little less obvious. Going up to 175 first and feigning interest by taking on a couple of journeymen... before saying "hey! I can go up to cruiser and fight for a title there!"

But no. Like in the old Monopoly game... "go directly to GO... collect $200." Not even the slightest hint of looking Beterbiev's way. It's all smoke and mirrors from the little bitch. He's scared shitless of a real challenge... so he skips OVER the division to do the ultimate cherry-picking. And his fans bend over for it, while singing his praises. Reminds me of another hypnotic Pied Piper, but in the political arena.

I almost feel sorry for Ginger fans who have to defend these chickenshit actions. It must be gut-wrenching to have to come up with excuses all the time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Canelo is doing is not physically possible without using illegal means.

There is no way he should be attempting this outrageous jumping up the weights and picking off trinkets without proper scrutiny, but he is.

This is the equivalent of Josh Taylor jumping up the next weight beating Crawford/Spence and then taking on and beating Charlo at light middleweight and then his brother at middleweight.

This will be exposed eventually.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right, @Master

Except there will be a combination of factors involved. Canelo will bulk up legally or otherwise, under the approving eye of the Sulaiman Family. But he'll also drain the other guy (I forgot his name already) as much as possible.

This isn't boxing anymore. These are extremely well calculated, predetermined events to further a bogus cause. If I wanted to watch this sort of B.S. I'd switch over to WWE.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WBC have accommodated this fight for Canelo whilst at the same time denied Whyte his mandatory position because he is taking legal action against them. Hypocrisy of the WBC is sickening.

Makabu was knocked out by Bellew after flooring him.

Lawrence Okolie's chances of unifying the cruiserweight division is not going to happen just yet. He tweeted "I get it, Canelo is a f****** g but that's another belt I can't unify now.
    Last edited by Master; 11-18-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somebody told me today that it's a catchweight. Now if it's a catchweight, it is a fucking disgrace. Even if it's not a catchweight, it's only just acceptable.
    But like @Master said, to go up that much weight , and then probably come down is pretty impossible without "Assistance"
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

The dude LEAPS over Beterbiev... to chase another meaningless trinket from an old NOBODY.

Canelo's a little bitch.
    Canelo definitely avoiding any of the 3 B's, Benavidez, Bivol & Beterbiev.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trying to give a nod to Canelo when it's due is like being in a dysfunctional relationship with a chick with multi personality disorder. Never know what's coming and shock and disappointment get equal time. This is absurd and clearly highlights one major problem we all acknowledge...too many trinkets floating around and too many low grade trinket warmers to pick off should you have enough favoritism and stroke with the alphabet boyz. Unify a division and collect that tin..BUT you had better sweep a division of top challengers and verified mandatories before bailing out..again. He's a trinket collector of low hanging fruit here. Might as well have a little apron, broom and dust pan strapped to him hoping around like a bulked up bespeckled Peter Pan "daRinG to bE GreAt" . Look I gave him all credit last out but this reeks. Clearly opponent obscurity and name value is pointless as he could fight a cold ring center and make millions.

If this goes as announced call a spade a spade..he's ducking Benavidez. Shit he'll be ducking an entire division if we're honest. But ask yourself when was the last time Canelo and his crew announced a fight some 6+ months out? Half of me thinks that some in his lot are waiting on Benavidez to self sabotage. Knows he's sealed out now and I'm still going to wager a very slight chance that this may be floated with intent to rattle the cages. If not boy I sure hope he can 'one up' Bellew and put him away in 2. On a side note it's a dumb move for career longevity too. Your body is not meant to be a yo-yo lab experiment. Especially when you get punched in major organs for a living. It doesn't work like that. But I guess we knew they tossed that book out the window when he opted for steak that night
    Last edited by Spicoli; 11-18-2021 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right, @Master

Except there will be a combination of factors involved. Canelo will bulk up legally or otherwise, under the approving eye of the Sulaiman Family. But he'll also drain the other guy (I forgot his name already) as much as possible.

This isn't boxing anymore. These are extremely well calculated, predetermined events to further a bogus cause. If I wanted to watch this sort of B.S. I'd switch over to WWE.
    no one is forcing you to watch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    WBC have accommodated this fight for Canelo whilst at the same time denied Whyte his mandatory position because he is taking legal action against them. Hypocrisy of the WBC is sickening.

Makabu was knocked out by Bellew after flooring him.

Lawrence Okolie's chances of unifying the cruiserweight division is not going to happen just yet. He tweeted "I get it, Canelo is a f****** g but that's another belt I can't unify now.
    why can't lawrence fight mairis?

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

Canelo's a little bitch.
    Canelo definitely avoiding any of the 3 B's, Benavidez, Bivol & Beterbiev.
    maybe two of them can fight each other

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo just unified his division in less than twelve months. he is now looking to face a champion, two weight divisions higher. callum could have jumped two weight classes but didn't. canelo moved to light heavy before dropping back to unify. i see him doing the same after this fight. i'm glad canelo is not giving these time wasters an opportunity. they should be fighting each other. i'd prefer to see canelo go to bridger next if these other fighters don't start unifying

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information