Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe Joyce v Kubrat Pulev

Joyce in talks over Pulev fight - 'They are reaching out'

Joe Joyce's team have expressed interest in a fight against former world title challenger Kubrat Pulev, says the Bulgarian heavyweight's promoter Ivaylo Gotzev.

The British contender is within touching distance of a world title fight after a stoppage victory over Carlos Takam in July.

But Joyce is assessing his future options, which could include a clash with Pulev, who was stopped by Anthony Joshua while challenging for the WBA, IBF and WBO belts last December.

"He's definitely looking forward to some good clashes this coming year, 2022," Pulev's promoter Gotzev told Sky Sports.

"We've been getting a lot of offers. Joe Joyce is looking for us.

"Kubrat is definitely not a stepping stone for no-one, so we're going to pick and choose our battles, and get him back to where he feels great.

"It's all about how he wants to enter the ring and how long he wants to keep going for."

Pulev, who has only lost to Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko in 30 fights, makes an unlikely return this weekend in a Triad Combat Rules bout against former UFC champion Frank Mir.

If he emerges victorious, then negotiations could be resumed about another fight in Britain.

Asked if he has been contacted by Joyce's team, Gotzev told Sky Sports: "Yes, absolutely. They are reaching out. They are talking to us, but when they get serious, they know who to call.

"I want to hear from (Joyce's promoter) Frank Warren himself."

Joyce has also been linked with a fight against Tyson Fury, who is awaiting confirmation of his next opponent, with the WBC yet to announce an expected mandatory defence versus Dillian Whyte.

"Joyce will fight anyone," Joyce's management SJAM told Sky Sports. "He's never turned down a fight and now he's ready for the real elite of heavyweight boxing.

"He's No 1 with the WBO and No 2 with the WBC and he wants to win belts. I'm speaking to his promoters (headed by Frank Warren) regularly and they know what our objectives are.

"A fight with a boxer of Fury's quality is something he would relish.

"Joe's durability and engine are a match for anyone in the sport."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...id=msedgntphdr
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Kubrat Pulev

Eddie Hearn in the dark over MMA-boxing hybrid as Kubrat Pulev faces ex-UFC star

Hearn will stage the world lightweight title fight between Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos Jr that Triller initially bought, while the streaming platform will debut their new Triad Combat

Eddie Hearn has said that Triller's new MMA-boxing hybrid sport, which debuts head-to-head with his bout between Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos Jr, is no competition.

The American promotion will showcase their new 'Triad Combat' sport tonight, having missed out on hosting Lopez-Kambosos following a number of delays.

The event will be headlined by former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir against top boxing contender Kubrat Pulev.

The ambitious pay-per-view show also features ex-UFC stars Matt Mitrione and Mike Perry, as well as a concert by legendary rock band Metallica.

But Hearn told Mirror Fighting : "You can't call that head-to-head. I've honestly heard nothing about it at all.

"The only thing was last night, I saw one post where Kubrat Pulev was sitting there. I've no idea what it is and I work in boxing, so that's not a good sign."

And there was a similar feeling from Matchroom Boxing CEO Frank Smith earlier this week, telling Mirror Fighting that he was unaware the event was taking place.

Triller burst onto the scene in November of 2020 with their Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr PPV, and followed it up with a massive fight between Jake Paul and Ben Askren this April.

But after defaulting on their massive $6million purse bid for Lopez vs Kambosos due to a number of delays, they have struggled to stage big fights, and facilitated a disastrous return to the ring for Evander Holyfield earlier this year.

"I didn't even know," Smith responded when asked about the promotion going head-to-head with their event. "I thought it was another date, I think it's different as well the ring is a triangle or something, good luck to them.

"This [Lopez vs Kambosos] is a huge fight, which they wanted, and it's been a long time coming and there's going to be a lot of interest in this fight so I'm not concerned about any issues there."

Smith also claimed that Triller were "not real boxing promoters", given that they are known for staging exhibition bouts as opposed to legitimate professional contests.

Their Tyson vs Jones bout was an exhibition, as well as Holyfield's first round KO against Vitor Belfort in September which also featured David Haye returning to the ring against pal Joe Fournier.

Asked if Triller were a legitimate competitor to Matchroom and their broadcast partners DAZN, Smith replied: "I don't believe so.

"I don't want to talk anyone down - they're not real boxing promoters, they put on concerts and this, that and the other.

"Our business is that we are the global number one boxing promoter, we'll deliver 44-45 shows this year in eight different countries."

Lopez, the unified lightweight world champion, told Mirror Fighting that going head-to-head with his fight was "exactly what he thought" Triller would do, but insisted he "doesn't care".

The event will see MMA fighters face off against boxers in a specially-designed triangular ring.

The boxers will be led by two-time world heavyweight champion Shannon Briggs as head coach, while the MMA fighters will have former UFC light heavyweight titleist Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson.

Competitors will wear crossover gloves while fighters will be allowed to strike their opponent in any clinches during the fight to represent the rules from MMA.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...r-mma-25559228
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Kubrat Pulev

pulev loses by ko...10 or 11
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information