Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Kambosos JR - 2022

We have a situation where 2 guys are fighting for all the belts and both seem eager to fight all the other top guys. By FAR the two most eager so either way it goes we win. Really excited for this fight.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't see devin staying at one thirty five win or lose
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    If Russia’s genocide of Ukraine is winding down so Loma can fight that will keep him there, he’s wanted Loma for years. Or Tank, or Garcia. You know, now that I talk about it I don’t see any of them fighting him even if he is undisputed. 140 makes sense. But I hope not. Too many good fights that could be made at 135. At least there’s the Kambosos rematch to give time for the others to decide to step up.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    If Russia’s genocide of Ukraine is winding down so Loma can fight that will keep him there, he’s wanted Loma for years. Or Tank, or Garcia. You know, now that I talk about it I don’t see any of them fighting him even if he is undisputed. 140 makes sense. But I hope not. Too many good fights that could be made at 135. At least there’s the Kambosos rematch to give time for the others to decide to step up.
    devin ain't coming back to australia. he is off to one forty win or lose
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium will host a main event of epic proportions this weekend, as George Kambosos Jr steps out on home turf to fight Devin Haney for undisputed lightweight gold.

Australian Kambosos Jr (20-0, 10 knockouts) holds the WBO, WBA and IBF belts, having dethroned Teofimo Lopez via split decision in November for a career-making win.

Meanwhile, American Haney (27-0, 15 KOs) carries the WBC strap into hostile territory here, looking for a fifth straight successful defence while also bidding to take his opponent’s three titles.

Last time out, Haney outpointed Joseph Diaz in April 2021, with the 23-year-old remaining unbeaten – like Kambosos Jr, 28 – with a unanimous-decision win.

Per Marvel Stadium’s official website, the main card will begin at 1.20pm AEST (4.20am BST) on Sunday 5 June.

That works out to 8.20pm PT, 10.20pm CT and 11.20pm ET on Saturday 4 June.

The main event is expected to follow at approximately 3pm AEST (6am BST) on Sunday.

That equates to 10pm PT on Saturday, but 12am CT and 1am ET on Sunday.

In the UK, Sky Sports will air the event live for its subscribers, who can also stream the fights on the broadcaster’s website and Sky Go app.

In the US, the card will air live on ESPN.

Full card

George Kambosos Jr vs Devin Haney (WBO, WBA, IBF, WBC lightweight titles)

Jason Maloney vs Aston Palicte (bantamweight)

Junior Fa vs Lucas Browne (heavyweight)

Hemi Ahio vs Christian Ndzie (heavyweight)

David Nyika vs Karim Maatalla (cruiserweight)

Andrew Maloney vs Alexander Espinoza (super-flyweight)

Terry Nickolas vs Lachlan Higgins (middleweight)

Amari Jones vs Ankush Hooda (super-welterweight)

Taylah Robertson vs Sarah Higginson (women’s flyweight)

David Nyika vs Karim Maatalla (cruiserweight)

Yoel Angeloni vs Ken Aitken (welterweight)

Huseein Fayad vs Pom Thanawut Phetkum (super-featherweight)

Isaias Sette vs Luke Gersbeck (super-welterweight)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f4fdb8a75bd52b
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So not a convenient time for ANYONE. Absurd

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao has heaped praise on George Kambosos Jr for his hard work and dedication ahead of his lightweight fight with Devin Haney.

The Australian star, a former sparring partner of Pacquiao’s, will go head to head with his American rival at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne on June 5.

Kambosos Jr, 28, famously pulled off the upset of the year after outpointing Teofimo Lopez to become the new unified 135lbs champion last November.

Pacquiao knows Kambosos better than most, having first used him as a sparring partner to help him prepare for his fight against Jeff Horn in 2017.

And he admits he was blown away by Kambosos’ enthusiasm and work ethic whilst training at Freddie Roach’s Wild Card gym together.

“I look at the training videos he has been posting on his various social platforms and I’m amazed at what he’s doing in the gym,” Pacquiao said in quotes reported by The Sydney Morning Herald.

“No-one is in better condition. You can tell he wants to keep those belts for as long as possible.

“It’s been a long journey for George, and he has sacrificed a lot to get to the top — I do not see him letting that go.

“How many world titles can he win? He’s only limited by his imagination and his ambition. So far, George has accomplished everything he has set his mind to.

“From the beginning I knew, and my team knew, George was a very good fighter. That is why I wanted George in all my training camps. It went beyond giving me good work. He made me work.

“He was a sparring partner in name only. You could sense he had big ambitions in boxing. He wanted to be the best and he treated his sparring sessions with me as part of his education.

“I never saw the same fighter twice. He was more than a sparring partner. He was a training partner.”

And after witnessing Kambosos’ dedication first-hand in training, he insists he wasn’t surprised he beat Lopez in such fashion.

He added: “George worked harder than anyone in the camp.

“I think that is why we got along so well. He would be right there with me running the hills every morning, doing sit-ups next to me after the run, full workouts in the gym every afternoon. He was always doing the extra work.

“He never cut corners on himself and it was that work ethic that showed me he had the drive to do what so few in boxing can, and that is to become a world champion.”

“The fight he took to Teofimo Lopez… I do not think anyone else could have done what George did that night.

“He showed in the Lopez fight that not only can he give out punishment, but he can also take it, and that comes from working hard every day in training and staying fit in between fights.

“George has so many strengths, physically and mentally. He is not predictable. He sees the whole ring and uses it to his advantage. He keeps everything together. He is very disciplined.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f4fdb8a75bd52b

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Kambosos Jr has hit out at "rat" Devin Haney by accusing him of leaking information about his previous rival, Teofimo Lopez.

Kambosos Jr will make a maiden defence of his lightweight titles against challenger Haney this weekend in his native Australia. He will return to the ring for the first time since picking up shock victory over Lopez to steal his crown last year.

The 28-year-old has claimed Lopez will be on the "lookout" to find Haney after the fight and believes his rival should be barred from the country. "I really don't know how they let this guy into the country, to be honest. I didn't think they let informants into the country," Kambosos Jr said at the press conference.

"This guy is an informant, this guy is a rat. I'll tell you why, because in the Teofimo Lopez fight against a foreigner, his own countryman, he was messaging me, telling me all the details, every bit.

"Teofimo at the hookah lounge, Teofimo having problems with his wife. This is a rat, this is a rat, this is a snitch, this is an informant. Your own countryman and you're going behind his back. So you know what? On Sunday, I am going to whip your a** and you know when you get back to Las Vegas? You'll be on the lookout for Teofimo Lopez. Because he'll be looking for you too."

Haney was composed in his response, firing back: "A rat? What are you talking about? Do you know the definition of a rat? What was the consequence? I had both sides of it. If he won, I would fight Teo. If you win, I would fight you. This is a dream of mine… I wasn't going to turn it down for nothing."

The American will be without his father Bill in his corner on Saturday night as he not granted a visa to enter Australia because of a drug conviction in the 1990s. He will instead be trained by Yoel Judah, who is the father of former champion Zab Judah.

Haney defeated JoJo Diaz late last year to pick up his 27th professional victory and continue his mean streak which also includes wins over Jorge Linares and Yuriorkis Gamboa. The 23-year-old believes his upcoming opportunity is the "SuperBowl" of the lightweight division and plans to have his hand raised.

"This opportunity means everything to me, this is the Super Bowl of the lightweight division, the biggest fight in the lightweight division, this means everything and I'll take full advantage of it," Hane y told Sky Sports. "There are many ways, there are many holes and different ways we can beat him, but the one game-plan we have we really feel like it will work. But you never know until you get in the ring. We're ready for anything, anything he brings to the table we'll be ready for and I can't wait."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...oxing-27101953

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So not a convenient time for ANYONE. Absurd
    sunday arvo for me, pretty standard over here

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to say it looks like Haney is growing a certain type of maturity in the lead up. It's a screw job going after his camp and dime dropping his dad etc but we all knew the deck was stacked heavy going in. This may be the best thing for him in the big picture, in and out of the ring but wtf do I know. It's Kambosos who has slid into the trough a bit. There's confidence and then there's just talking out of your arse, looking backwards with the Teo nonsense. On natural talent and athleticism Haney is well above but his mental make-up has to be sharper than it ever has been.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Kambosos Jr has hit out at upcoming rival Devin Haney for his controversial "white boy" comments.

The Australian star will make the first defence of his titles this weekend after producing a sensational display to upset Teofimo Lopez. A war of words has ignited with Haney during fight week, with Kambosos accusing the American of being an "informant" ahead his last outing.

Haney faced significant backlash for controversial comments he made two years ago after being linked with a fight against Vasyl Lomachenko. "Listen, no white boy beat me. I don't care, on any day of the week," he said on a YouTube interview. "I fight a white boy like 10 times, I'm gonna beat him 10 times." The WBC 'regular' champion later apologised for his remarks and claimed he had learned a valuable life lesson.

However Kambosos Jr has claimed he will use the remarks as motivation to retain his belts. "I have been made aware of those racial comments he made and to suggest he would never lose to a white man just sums up the type of person he is," Kambosos Jr said during the press conference.

"It's below the belt. It's disrespectful to humanity, to all Australians and to white people around the world. One thing about me, I can talk the talk, but I am always respectful of people regardless of race, religion, colour or creed. I have some African-American friends and they are among the most beautiful people in the world.

"If he wants to bring race into it, that's on him and he has to look at himself in the mirror and take responsibility for what he said and live with it. If he thinks no white man will beat him, well I am going to punch his head in on Sunday and maybe then he will get an appreciation for my ability."

Haney is looking to become the new king of the lightweight division having recently defeated JoJo Diaz to earn his shot at all the marbles. It looked set as if he may miss out on his challenge but Lomachenko was instead called to arms in Ukraine's war against

However the 23-year-old believes his profile saw him handed the opportunity over other potential challengers. "The government would not have put up the money if it wasn't against me. Me or Lomachenko," Haney said. "And then Lomachenko couldn't fight, so then you had to pick me. This means everything.

"It's a dream come true of mine since I was a young kid. This is the biggest achievement of boxing. I can't wait for June 5 to come. There's nothing he can do in the ring that's better than me, and I will show it on fight night. I take nothing away from him. I think that he's a good fighter, but I just think I'm on a whole different level."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...oxing-27123466

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not really interested in either fighter but i'm interested in the fight. have we all got our predictions in? george going a bit far with the talk for me, i know it's all mind games but could be working against him. i think george wins on the cards, maybe even a late ko

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Points Kambosos for me in a close but classic contest.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kambosos will win via late KO.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George never wanted this fight.

Saying that, this will be Haney toughest fight on paper.

I can’t wait.

Thread Information