Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haney vs Kambosos JR - 2022

Lopez had the ashma pump out tonight and the weight excuse and potential injury talk before the fight even started??!

The better man won.

Is Haney licking his lips?

Can Haney beat Diaz?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Kambosos JR - 2022

Haney, Davis and Loma will win their fights. Glad Teo lost, I have a feeling he was never going to face them. Now he has to.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure Kambobos is the guaranteed checked box Haney seems to think he is. Especially in Australia. Did well with Diaz and sure sharp but late on he isn't exactly study and gets clipped a lot under volume. Have a feeling those belts will get split up

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lee Selby beat Kambosos and is ready to reclaim the titles.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

george v devin is said to be set for june fifth for all the jewels
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Props to Haney for the substance well needed to the constant chatter. That's a big respectable step. You cannot fit that many belts into one email so walk the walk. Rematch situation is nuts.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

live official annoucement on now
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney sold his soul to make it happen. Have to respect him sacrificing so much to finally get the big fight. Crazy to think Haney will have to become undisputed in Australia and defend undisputed in Australia to maybe get Loma to finally fight.

Whoever wins is the first undisputed at lightweight since Sweet Pea I believe. Seeing more undisputed fighters in the last few years, I like that. Either outcome, just keep the belts together please.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if devin wins i doubt his next fight will be at one thirty five

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From what I have seen at this extremely competitive division, both the above posts make sense. Ron gave Kudos to Haney and rightly so , he’s beginning to look like a bit of a throwback, which is refreshing.
    And Tic said he may go up after this fight, and that’s fair enough. If he has to get his recognition by becoming undisputed in Australia so he can go up and get the big fights he clearly craves, fair play to him.
    The key is that this is a great fight with top guys fighting each other and long may it continue.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how often does three split decision wins in a row happen?
    Last edited by TIC; 04-06-2022 at 11:34 PM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

devin's dad has been denied entry into australia. yoel judah to take the lead

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kambosos Jr will make the first defence of his WBA, IBF and WBO lightweight titles against WBC champion Devin Haney on June 5.

The undisputed battle could break the record for the biggest attendance for a boxing match in Australia. Manny Pacquiao's shock defeat to hometown hero Jeff Horn is the current record at 51,052 in Brisbane.

Kambosos Jr was originally expected to face Lomachenko before Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Loma has decided to remain in his native to protect his country meaning Haney replaced him as the fighter to face Kambosos Jr.

"There's no fear in George Kambosos or unwillingness to fight the best. I've seen very few fighters in my career that are more insistent than fighting the best," Di Bella exclusively told Planet Sport. "My understanding is he'll have a top trainer in his corner but we're hoping he'll be able to get in," Di Bella said about Bill Haney - Devin's father and trainer - who has been denied entry to Australia due to a drug conviction in 1992.

"We're doing everything in our power to help him get in but if he's unable to then it's clear that Devin is going to go ahead with this fight. "It says a lot about his willingness and desire to be the best so credit to him.

"I expect it to be a great fight - very competitive. They're both boxers but Devin is more the pure boxer and George has more of an aggressive style and I'm expecting a sensational fight."

Should Kambosos Jr come through he won't be short of possibilities in the lightweight division.
    Ryan Garcia and Gervonta Davis are two options but it is Lomachenko who is the front-runner to be next for Kambosos Jr if he beats Haney.

If the 28-year-old opts to move up to 140lbs instead, then a familiar foe could also be in line to face him.

"I'm going one fight at a time but I can see Lomachenko (next), I mean if George is victorious then there are a lot of possibilities," said Di Bella. "Right now, we had a deal with Loma but Loma is currently in Ukraine and the Ukrainian people are still at war so I don't think when he will be available but Loma is obviously one of the best fighters in the world and somebody we were willing to fight him so I would say Loma would be a possibility of course."

"Gervonta Davis, Ryan Garcia, Lomachenko, George, Devin - it's an extremely loaded division but the other interesting part is - so is 140 (division).

"The one weight class up now has Teofimo Lopez, Regis Prograis and Josh Taylor so there'll be no shortages of big fights but nobody is looking past Devin Haney. That rematch at 140 is always a possibility in the future," added Di Bella.

Lopez - who lost to Kambosos Jr via split-decision in November - is hoping to challenge for world honours at junior welterweight. He has targeted Josh Taylor although he is set to take on mandatory challenger Jose Zepeda next so any potential fight would be the end of the year or early 2023.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d5d3032157b542
    Last edited by Master; 05-20-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just saw Haney interviewed on a TV sports show here in Melbourne, he comes across as a good bloke. I wish him well and hope for a good fight against Kambosos, it won't be easy, but Haney has won some friends down here.

Thread Information